• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8 of the worst comic book movies of all-time

185 posts in this topic

Ghost Rider was at least entertaining. All the Superman and half the Batman movies belong on that list.

Superman II ?????

NO way! :mad:

That's what I was questioning. It's one of the best.

The story was just good, sure it had the 80s low budget stuff that we're too familiar with, but honestly, even if that was made today, can someone honestly say they wouldn't pay their 10 bucks...I know I want to see Gral Zod in action..I was cheering for him!

Ghost Rider was at least entertaining. All the Superman and half the Batman movies belong on that list.

Superman II ?????

NO way! :mad:

That's what I was questioning. It's one of the best.

Superman the movie is arguably best comic book movie of all time

(none of these other would exist if it not for this one).

I liked Daredevil (but, only the extended version on DVD).

I really liked Green Lantern (only seen the extended version on Blu-Ray... it very well might have sucked in theaters).

I liked all three Punisher movies, for different reasons

I loved Watchmen (much, much, much better on Blu-Ray, with all of the parts together)

I didn't make it ten minutes into the Spirit.

My 10 worst list...

Spider-man (all three) - hated them

Superman IV

Superman Returns

Batman Returns

Batman & Robin

Batman Forever

Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Surfer

The rest of the comic book movies I've seen have been at least decent.

The Spirit should clearly be number 1. It's not just the worst comic-book movie of all time but one of the worst movies in any genre.

+1

Best hype though... I dare anyone to watch the entire move without hitting ff button (and be awake, that's the real challenge).

I think I'm the only who didn't think Daredevil was that bad (shrug)

Maybe. I thought it was horrible. Casting Ben A as Matt Murdock was a real mistake.

Yep.

The World's Most Boring Actor.

He played a blind guy and couldn't be interesting.

He should stick to directing.

they sure forgot about those old marvel movies from the 70's and 80's

This was stated in the intro...

"I’m really only focusing on the big budget adaptations, so if some obscure straight to video version of the Fantastic Four from the early ‘90s that cost eleven dollars to make isn’t on here, that’s why."

i didnt read the beginning. that was a my bad but how about the xmen and spiderman movies ...specifically the 3rd one on both

Screw the 3rd X-Men and Spidey movies! Where the hell is Howard The Duck??? :sumo:

He only talks about big budget adaptations? That turd cost 35M! In contrast, Superman IV cost about half that...

Well, I can certainly think of a whole lot of bad Marvel movies from the mid to late 70's that was worse, but I supposed who ever came up with this list factored in the BIG BUDGET backing that these turkeys had. I suppose that's fair. With that much money behind them, these films shouldn't have sucked as bad as they did.

Well, I can certainly think of a whole lot of bad Marvel movies from the mid to late 70's that was worse, but I supposed who ever came up with this list factored in the BIG BUDGET backing that these turkeys had. I suppose that's fair. With that much money behind them, these films shouldn't have sucked as bad as they did.

$200mm spent on GL -hard to bomb bigger than that