• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8 of the worst comic book movies of all-time

185 posts in this topic

I think I'm the only who didn't think Daredevil was that bad (shrug)

Maybe. I thought it was horrible. Casting Ben A as Matt Murdock was a real mistake.

But, Steve - Because of that, Jennifer Garner was in it :cloud9:

Lipstick on a pig :frustrated:

as a fan of bacon i am offended

Maybe. I thought it was horrible. Casting Ben A as Matt Murdock was a real mistake.

She can root around in my sty anytime she wants. :sumo:

And Affleck wins an Oscar compared to Hasselhoff as Nick Fury :devil:

The Spirit should clearly be number 1. It's not just the worst comic-book movie of all time but one of the worst movies in any genre.

As an Eisner Spirit fan I find that film incredibly insulting.

Whatever made Miller think it was a fitting tribute to one of the major influences upon his own work ? doh!  Delusional and disrespectful, in the extreme.

Absolutely - it was painful having to sit through that in the cinema.

In a sandwich?

That Nick Fury film is pure bilge.

That Nick Fury film is pure bilge.

You're being too kind.

where the hell was 'the watchmen' on the list. doh! biggest pile of DC crapola. :tonofbricks:

I disagree.

Yeah. I second that. I went to a screener in NYC with 250 of the geekiest comic book nerds who were reviewers, critics and web "journalists" and the majority seemed very pleased with how it was executed, and a great many remarked how the non-squid ending actually helped the film. I'm sure there were people that didn't like it - but I think most people did, enough to the fact it will never land on a "worst of" list.

where the hell was 'the watchmen' on the list. doh! biggest pile of DC crapola. :tonofbricks:

I disagree.

Yeah. I second that. I went to a screener in NYC with 250 of the geekiest comic book nerds who were reviewers, critics and web "journalists" and the majority seemed very pleased with how it was executed, and a great many remarked how the non-squid ending actually helped the film. I'm sure there were people that didn't like it - but I think most people did, enough to the fact it will never land on a "worst of" list.

im one of those that liked that one

I disagree.

im one of those that liked that one

i was :baiting:lol

They left Man-Thing off the list? Or don't cable TV movies count?

I just read the 3 issue prequel comic of the tv movie. The sci-fi (SyFy) movie actually warranted a 3 issue prequel! I liked the covers though, but it didn't have Man-Thing's elephant spout nose. =-(

The Spirit should clearly be number 1. It's not just the worst comic-book movie of all time but one of the worst movies in any genre.

As an Eisner Spirit fan I find that film incredibly insulting.

Whatever made Miller think it was a fitting tribute to one of the major influences upon his own work ? doh!  Delusional and disrespectful, in the extreme.

I wasn't really paying attention to how bad it was. I was distracted by Eva Mendez and Scarlett Johansson. :cloud9: