• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

I just talked with Frank. He offered to take the book back. I said no.

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

So you want to keep the book but want Frank to give you sexual favors to make up for your hardships?

What are you? I mean other than the obvious.

...obvious to everyone except yourself. :gossip:

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

Don't tell me, you're going to occupy Metropolis?

I love this book.

Do you have an ebay account we can block? Thanking you in advance. :foryou:

THIS! ^^

Yes. Please tell us what your eBay user name is. :foryou:

Weirdly I'm with the guy earlier in in the thread that said he's now more likely to deal with metro than before now. I've read a few anti-metro threads but this Frank guy seems on the up!

Well done Frank.

And to the OP - 2 years! Are you having a ducking laugh?

I've had staples go rusty in less than that time when they were perfect when first purchased. Mind you I do keep my comics in a shed in the garden.

2 years! lol.

I love this book.

And what resolution would that be?

The satisfaction in trying to harm someone's livelihood, despite their attempts to resolve the problem?

Sir, you are a jerk.

Alright, I see a lot of interesting responses that are slightly off subject. In time, I think I can appreciate that. I kind of do already.

As it stands now, Metropolis sold me a comic book without disclosing major foxing and a bit of staple rust. In fact, they somewhat over-graded.

I believe that I am now a member of photobucket.

I am not technologically skillful, but I will somehow upload the image for you.

I love this book.

Do you have an ebay account we can block? Thanking you in advance. :foryou:

THIS! ^^

Yes. Please tell us what your eBay user name is. :foryou:

it's order_66

:roflmao:

I can only speak from personal experience. Frank is always a stand up guy to deal with and for the op to flat out say that he doesn't trust him based on this non story is just plain :screwy:

No, it was the hair that made him suspicious, we've already established this.

You sure it wasn't the turned up collar thing you were doing at conventions for a while?

I'm at work so I can't do it, but can someone go to the Heritage Archives and save/upload the two scans for the Crippen copy of Startling Comics # 27 CGC 9.0 that sold back in 2006?

Just in case the OP wants an idea of how the grading experts in the hobby think of foxing and how it impacts the grade.

I smell thread pullage.

What does it smell like?

It smells really good, gets me ampted-up, reminds me of the same smell as cocaine

Scarface was on last night!

Alright, I see a lot of interesting responses that are slightly off subject.

That's never happened here before...I swear.

Congratulations!!! In 4-6 weeks your Ceremonial Fez will be mailed to you along with a schedule of the annual photobucket snipe hunt and cribbage tournament!!

I'm at work so I can't do it, but can someone go to the Heritage Archives and save/upload the two scans for the Crippen copy of Startling Comics # 27 CGC 9.0 that sold back in 2006?

Just in case the OP wants an idea of how the grading experts in the hobby think of foxing and how it impacts the grade.

My rule of thumb is - Minor to moderate foxing on a GA book, especially a Pedigree, doesn't do much. At best, maybe one grade lower.

Rusty staples = 0.5 grade reduction for every half of a staple rusted.

Rust migration to the interior - Hellifiknow, I don't buy like that.

Other than this one experience, I don't know Metropolis comics. On another thread, I see that others have had positive experiences with them. That is definitely good.

I had a negative experience.

They did not disclose information, namely staple rust and foxing. If I had known, I don't think would have purchased the comic book.

They made off with a little bit of extra money.

big_shill-450x275.jpg

Alright, I see a lot of interesting responses that are slightly off subject.

That's never happened here before...I swear.

Congratulations!!! In 4-6 weeks your Ceremonial Fez will be mailed to you along with a schedule of the annual photobucket snipe hunt and cribbage tournament!!

I'm like a perfect 0 for 50 on snipe hunts. :(

I smell thread pullage.

What does it smell like?

Don't quote me, but I heard it's similar to the ever so sweet fragrance of blossomed gardenias in the fall by any of the Tuscany lakes, with a touch of summer tulips from the northern part of the Netherlands, and with the very light scent of woman's happiness when she initially falls in love for the first time.

You're thinking of Massengill