• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

Juon?( don't know if I spelled that right) the original japanese version of the grudge is a mutch better move the north american counterpart.

I have it on DVD. I'll watch it one of these days.

Another "B" level movie I liked (which was more suspenseful than scary), was "The Cube". The acting was a little over the top, but I loved the concept.

'The Cube' was very cool. Did you see 'Cube 2: Hypercube' and 'Cube Zero?' Acting still sub-par, but the cool concept continued. wink.gif

Heard about them but how do they stack up against the original? ie. any more insight to the mystery of the cube? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Juon?( don't know if I spelled that right) the original japanese version of the grudge is a mutch better move the north american counterpart.

Another "B" level movie I liked (which was more suspenseful than scary), was "The Cube". The acting was a little over the top, but I loved the concept.

'The Cube' was very cool. Did you see 'Cube 2: Hypercube' and 'Cube Zero?' Acting still sub-par, but the cool concept continued. wink.gif

Not yet, but I plan to. thumbsup2.gif

Since I was a math geek in school, I loved how the riddles for opening the chambers were based on prime numbers and factorials.

This is going wayyyy back to when I was a little kid maybe 4 or 5.

Myself and my two older brothers were watching the B&W version of "The Thing" on the late movie show in our basement.

That scene where you first see "the thing" they open a big metal door and he is standing there and takes a swipe at one of the scientist before they close the door again.

that scared me pretty good I didn't want to go up to my room on the second floor I just slept in the basement. 27_laughing.gif

Heard about them but how do they stack up against the original? ie. any more insight to the mystery of the cube? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep. wink.gif Don't want to give away too much though. They aren't near as good as the first movie (since the acting is still poopy), but they definitely are worth a watch if you liked the first one. thumbsup2.gif

Myself and my two older brothers were watching the B&W version of "The Thing" on the late movie show in our basement.

That scene where you first see "the thing" they open a big metal door and he is standing there and takes a swipe at one of the scientist before they close the door again.

that scared me pretty good I didn't want to go up to my room on the second floor I just slept in the basement. 27_laughing.gif

1437435-542085-thing1.jpgpoke2.gif

1437435-542085-thing1.jpg.b5bdc2eebfe53e75e74d873fa033978d.jpg

The worst part about watching a supernatural thriller/horror film is waking up early in the morning to shave for work. I would constantly look in the mirror just to make sure that an apparition isn't standing behind me. crazy.gif

James Arnes dosen't scare me anymore. sumo.gif Rawhide tongue.gif

The worst part about watching a supernatural thriller/horror film is waking up early in the morning to shave for work. I would constantly look in the mirror just to make sure that an apparition isn't standing behind me. crazy.gif

27_laughing.gif

James Arnes dosen't scare me anymore. sumo.gif Rawhide tongue.gif

While I like the original a whole lot, I REALLY like the remake with Kurt Russell! thumbsup2.gif

I know this will sound crazy but a cousin of mine was possesed.

He made these deep gutteral echo-like sounds and growled like a lion, very loud and his face "Twisted" into an expression I can only describe as pure hate.

He had to be restrained by quite a few people. It took four "medicine men" to drive that spirit out, it lasted nearly a week.

Any more stories? I don't really believe in the supernatural, but it's fun to talk about.

I saw a "ghost" once, and was once stuck in a house alone with a guy performing Santeria rituals. We should start a thread on weird personal experiences.

He made these deep gutteral echo-like sounds and growled like a lion, very loud and his face "Twisted" into an expression I can only describe as pure hate.

He had to be restrained by quite a few people. It took four "medicine men" to drive that spirit out, it lasted nearly a week.

Any more stories? I don't really believe in the supernatural, but it's fun to talk about.

I saw a "ghost" once, and was once stuck in a house alone with a guy performing Santeria rituals. We should start a thread on weird personal experiences.

So what did you think the apparition was if you don't believe in the supernatural?

So what did you think the apparition was if you don't believe in the supernatural?

I don't know. I know what I saw, but like I said, I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe it was a trick of my eyes, maybe I exaggerated the scene in my mind.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know. I know what I saw, but like I said, I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe it was a trick of my eyes, maybe I exaggerated the scene in my mind.

confused-smiley-013.gif

O.K., now I've gotta know what you saw. smile.gif

Ok. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It happened during my third year of law school at The University of Illinois. For those who have been to that campus, you might remember the large graveyard right across the street from Memorial Stadium. Well, the law school sits on the corner of both. It was about 7:00 at night during the fall, and I had just finished up my night class. Dusk had fallen, so it was already fairly dark. I had parked a few blocks from school, right across from the graveyard entrance.

The street was totally deserted, but as I was about a block away from my car I saw a figure in white come out from between two buildings. I thought it was a girl (but I wasn't sure) and I watched as she approached the street. I never took my eyes from her as she walked up to one of the cars and got in. At this point I realized that she had just climbed into my Jeep. I wasn't totally sure, as I couldn't remember if I had parked exactly in that spot, but as I got closer I realized it was indeed my car. I kinda freaked at this point and I grabbed my keys and stuck them between my fingers in case I was mistaken. I thought it could have been a guy with long hair trying to steal my Jeep, and I could have been forced to fight him. I walked past the car, looked in all the windows, checked under it, but there was no one there.

The other cars were empty as well, no one had crossed the street, no one had walked away. It had gotten into my car and disappeared. I hadn't taken my eyes from the scene, since I thought someone was trying to steal my car. I can't explain it and I know what I saw. It occurred to me on the way back to my apartment that I might have seen a ghost. It did happen right next to the graveyard afterall.

BTW, I am not the only person to have seen a ghost associated with that graveyard. A woman I work with said her husband was there once with his friends and ended up driving right through one!

Excellent story. I'd like to see a ghost sometime...

I agree, an excellent story. It's a tough call on whether or not I'd want to see a ghost. Sure, it would freak me out, but in a way I'd almost like to believe that they do exist, and that the end isn't really the end. The one thing that concernsme is that from most ghost stories I hear, the apparitions seem to be lost in the wilderness reliving a glimpse of their previous lives. That's a terrible way to live for ever and ever. frown.gif

Excellent story. I'd like to see a ghost sometime...

I agree, an excellent story. It's a tough call on whether or not I'd want to see a ghost. Sure, it would freak me out, but in a way I'd almost like to believe that they do exist, and that the end isn't really the end.

It was weird, it wasn't scary at all. On the way home I was just like "Oh, that might have been a ghost". I always expected to be really freaked out if I saw something like that, but I wasn't. Maybe it was because I wasn't too near it.

The one thing that concernsme is that from most ghost stories I hear, the apparitions seem to be lost in the wilderness reliving a glimpse of their previous lives. That's a terrible way to live for ever and ever. frown.gif

893whatthe.giffrown.gif