• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

One scene that always gives me the 'willies' is from Evil Dead when the first girl is turned.

They're all messing around and they start to 'read' cards like psychics and her voice goes all funny and then her face is all ewwwww and she stabs that pencil right into the other girls freakin' ankle...just gives me the shivers thinking about it. grin.gif

That film certainly didn't pull any punches. 27_laughing.gif

Evil20Dead20-20Ash20Falls20Dear20La.gifthumbsup2.gif

WOW, that's a great gif!!! Mind if I steal it? flowerred.gif

I don't know if anyone has seen the 1970's Italian horror movie "Blade in the Dark". Basically, this girl is alone in this big mansion and keeps hearing noises. The scene that really got to me was when she's walking down this dark corridor, and then notices someone hunched over and staring at her with only the face showing. Then this guy dressed in drag runs at her with a knife while screaming. That scene scared the *spoon* out of me as a 13 year old. crazy.gif

I'm a big fan of Italian horror and since you mentioned Susperia before I must admit

the trailer to that movie used to scare me pretty much! The girl brushing her hair from behind,

putting the iris in her hair then swinging around with that skull face!

Very creepy!

I just saw Susperia for the first time last year. It does get a little boring at times, but does have its moments. I don't know why but I've always been more frightened of female ghosts, zombies, etc. than males. Something about the make-up gives me shivers. crazy.gif

One scene that always gives me the 'willies' is from Evil Dead when the first girl is turned.

They're all messing around and they start to 'read' cards like psychics and her voice goes all funny and then her face is all ewwwww and she stabs that pencil right into the other girls freakin' ankle...just gives me the shivers thinking about it. grin.gif

Go right ahead... thumbsup2.gif....and take these too insane.gifArmy20of20Darkness20-20Skeleton20Ar.gifEvild20Dead20-20Hand20Finger.gif

Suspiria is a great horror flack!

Since you like Italian horror, you must know and love Mr. Lucio Fulci (he's my fav Italian director). Ever see "Zombie"??? It's one of the best Zombie genre films out there (next to the original Dawn of the Dead, of course)

Never got the chance to see Zombies, will have to get on that one! sumo.gif

I do have Mario Bava's Demons and I really love Fellini's segment (Toby Damit/Never Bet Your Head) from the 1968 movie Spirits of the Dead! cloud9.gif

Go right ahead... thumbsup2.gif....and take these too insane.gifArmy20of20Darkness20-20Skeleton20Ar.gifEvild20Dead20-20Hand20Finger.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif Thank you!!!

Suspiria is a great horror flack!

Since you like Italian horror, you must know and love Mr. Lucio Fulci (he's my fav Italian director). Ever see "Zombie"??? It's one of the best Zombie genre films out there (next to the original Dawn of the Dead, of course)

Never got the chance to see Zombies, will have to get on that one! sumo.gif

I do have Mario Bava's Demons and I really love Fellini's segment (Toby Damit/Never Bet Your Head) from the 1968 movie Spirits of the Dead! cloud9.gif

Wow, you have great taste (I believe I've told you that before grin.gif)

I'll tell you what, I just picked up a special edition 2-disc version of "Zombie", so you can have my old version DVD if you like flowerred.gif

Just shoot me a PM if you want it thumbsup2.gif

The scene in Dark Water where the mom thinks she's reading her daughter a story on the living room couch...until she hears her REAL daughter in the other room!

The Ring was probably my scariest movie experience in a theatre. On video, The Exorcist was the scariest. Watched it at midnight at a friend's house with 3 friends when we were about 16. We went to a Catholic high school, and a priest had told us that he'd been part of an exorcism very similar to the one in the film.

Interesting side note...I went over to the same friend's house one night when we were about 18, and there was a family visiting that I hadn't met before. Turns out they had to leave their house because a priest was either blessing their house or performing an exorcism. They had come home from church the week before to find that the glass in their framed family photo had cracked exactly along each of their necks in the picture. They didn't think much about it, and had it fixed. When they came home from church the next week, it had cracked again in the very same way. 893whatthe.gif

The scene in Dark Water where the mom thinks she's reading her daughter a story on the living room couch...until she hears her REAL daughter in the other room!

The Ring was probably my scariest movie experience in a theatre. On video, The Exorcist was the scarriest. Watched it at midnight with 3 friends when we were about 16. We were all afraid to go home afterwards!

Ya gotta see The Exorcist with the deleted scenes added, Very scary! thumbsup2.gif

When I was a kid, the movie Grizzly scared the bleep out of me. Didn't help our house was right near the woods crazy.gif

Most disturbing movie moment in the past few years for me was Kathy Bates crippling that writer (James Caan?) in the movie Misery . Still hurts thinking about it... 893whatthe.gif

the book was A LOT worse (graphic wise)

The Ring was probably my scariest movie experience in a theatre. On video, The Exorcist was the scarriest. Watched it at midnight with 3 friends when we were about 16. We were all afraid to go home afterwards!

Ya gotta see The Exorcist with the deleted scenes added, Very scary! thumbsup2.gif

I saw it when it in the theatre when it was re-released with the deleted scenes added and the scene when she's coming down the stairs BACKWARD was about the creepiest thing I have ever seen! 893whatthe.gif

Halloween was the scariest to me. Something about that guy just creeps the *spoon* out of me.

Rob Zombie is remaking the original Halloween

All I can say is....WHY??????? You cant beat the original screwy.gif

Let me set the mood.

It was a dark raining night in rural mnitoba, I was babysitting I think I was pretty young at the time.

I remember I was not allowed to watch the exorcist when it came out on T.V. for the first time so I wanted to see what the hubbub was all about.

As I started watching the movie I turned on more and more lights figured light = safe.

Well it got to the scene where the little girl is beathing and you can see her breath and here that raspy sound

exorcist.jpg

Then BOOM a loud crack of thunder that shook the house and the lights went out no power. I tell you talk about Crapping yourself. never forgot that that face it got burned into my mind.

The Ring was probably my scariest movie experience in a theatre. On video, The Exorcist was the scariest. Watched it at midnight at a friend's house with 3 friends when we were about 16. We went to a Catholic high school, and a priest had told us that he'd been part of an exorcism very similar to the one in the film.

Interesting side note...I went over to the same friend's house one night when we were about 18, and there was a family visiting that I hadn't met before. Turns out they had to leave their house because a priest was either blessing their house or performing an exorcism. They had come home from church the week before to find that the glass in their framed family photo had cracked exactly along each of their necks in the picture. They didn't think much about it, and had it fixed. When they came home from church the next week, it had cracked again in the very same way. 893whatthe.gif

I've mentioned this story before on these boards, but I refuse to watch the Exorcist to this day. Here's the story behind my decision:

When I was 12 years old back in 1983, my family and I were sitting in the den watching TV. The movie "Exorcist" had just started, and they were showing the events in Egypt. Since we were recent immigrants, I had no idea what this movie was all about. After about 10 minutes of viewing, I told my mom the movie was boring, and left the room.

When I got to the living room and turned on the lights, I noticed several bushels of bananas that my mom had purchased from the supermarket earlier in the day. There must have been about 30 ripe bananas in the basket on the table. I went over and instead of grabbing the top banana (which I usually do), I stuck my hand in the middle of the pack and broke off one. To my astonishment, my first name "Edward" was perfectly etched into the side of the banana peel. The name was hand written in long-hand and was about 1.5" high by 6" long, and was in black (almost like it was burnt into the peel instead of ink). I quickly called my family over, and they were all shocked as well. My brothers quickly took a knife and pen to recreate the writing, but since the bananas were still ripe, the writing came out really jaggedy and ugly. That banana sat there for a week until my mom decided to eat it (she's fine to this day). Everyone swore that they had nothing to do with it, and I believed them.

The only explanation we could come up with was that a store clerk or delivery person must have done this. However, the odds of me picking that one banana out of 30, my first name Edward being written on there, and that out of 6 people in the house I was the person to find it, are pretty long. When I told kids at school about the event, they quickly connected it to my dismissing of the movie. Would you believe that 23 years after the fact, I still refuse to watch this film, even though I love horror movies, and have watched most of them.

Anyone seeing The Grudge 2 this weekend?

No...but my prediction is it wont be as good as the first one, just call it a hunch 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

th_MOV02874.jpg click on the pic.... thumbsup2.gif

th_MOV02874.jpg click on the pic.... thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif NICE thumbsup2.gif