• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

That sounds like the first time I played Resident Evil 3. I was following a FAQ, and was going along fine. I was in the police station and had gone upstairs, done everything, and was heading back down the stairs. My FAQ somehow failed to mention that Nemesis comes crashing through the window while you're on the way down the stairs!

THAT WAS AWESOME! RE2 is my favorite game in the series, but Nemesis was an amazing, er, nemesis.

The beginning scene in Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte scared me so bad I could not sleep that night. It was not a scary movie per se, but it had that one graphic scene in the beginning that made you jump out of your chair.

I have read a ton of horror books and seen many horror movies and I have only been legitimately scared two times...

1. The scene in Event Horizon where Sam Neil is crawling around in the huge computer with the lights going off and on, and his dead wife's face appears like an inch away with all black eyes. Scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of me.

2. When the girl comes out of the TV in The Ring. That was the only legitimately scary movie I have ever seen. I was creeped out the entire time and refused to sleep alone for the next three nights. The ONLY book, movie, TV show, ect to give me nightmares as an adult.

Speaking of The Ring...the scene in the 1st movie at the beginning, with the girl discovered in the closet (mouth wide open...and not in a sexual way devil.gif) freaked the hell out of me! 893whatthe.gif

Speaking of The Ring...the scene in the 1st movie at the beginning, with the girl discovered in the closet (mouth wide open...and not in a sexual way devil.gif) freaked the hell out of me! 893whatthe.gif

893censored-thumb.gif I don't even like to think about it. I have been tempted to rent some of the Japanese Ringu series, but I come to my senses after a few seconds. I will NEVER watch that movie or any in the series again. It was excellent, but just too scary. No other horror movie or book has ever really bothered me, just that one. confused-smiley-013.gif

I can stand any horror movie, really.

Truthfully, ask my mom. When I get a chance, i'll rent a horror. Even if it was a crappy one just from looking at it. (ok not really)

But to this day, Jeff Goldblums "The Fly" is the one that scares the *spoon* outta me at the end, not only does the "Maggot Baby" scene get me, but when he's finally going into or turning into "The Fly" (Starting from the ripped jaw)

It just freaks me out, I love this movie, I own it, and it scares me.

And the sequal, i've only seen once, I want to own it to see it without being interupted, but the dog scene gets me.

I dont know about scariest but IMHO the greatest horror movie was the original Night of the Living Dead ... If you havent seen it and have time to kill, you can watch it for free right now on public domain. The story, concept and cinematography of that movie is incredible for an old black and white.

2. When the girl comes out of the TV in The Ring. That was the only legitimately scary movie I have ever seen. I was creeped out the entire time and refused to sleep alone for the next three nights. The ONLY book, movie, TV show, ect to give me nightmares as an adult.

I agree, that scene freaked me out. I liked Ringu, but the American version was scarier.

As a 14-year old I was really freaked out by "The Evil Dead". Especially, the scene where he shoots that one girl, and she jumps up and looks through the window. I think he eventually chops her up into pieces. I watched that film and "Day of the Dead" back-to-back and couldn't sleep all night.

Another recent film that got me thinking for a couple of days was the Chinese movie "The Eye". Something about the final scene really got to me.

1. The scene in Event Horizon where Sam Neil is crawling around in the huge computer with the lights going off and on, and his dead wife's face appears like an inch away with all black eyes. Scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of me.

I don't usually see scary movies in the theatre. I made the mistake of going to watch that one before I really knew what it was. Scary *spoon*. What's worse is that they accented every scary scene with about 120 dB of sound. You had to jump.

I agree, that scene freaked me out. I liked Ringu, but the American version was scarier.

As a 14-year old I was really freaked out by "The Evil Dead". Especially, the scene where he shoots that one girl, and she jumps up and looks through the window. I think he eventually chops her up into pieces. I watched that film and "Day of the Dead" back-to-back and couldn't sleep all night.

Another recent film that got me thinking for a couple of days was the Chinese movie "The Eye". Something about the final scene really got to me.

Now we're talking! The Evil Dead (trilogy) is my favorite movie! Bruce Campbell rocks headbang.gif

I've even got an ED/AOD themed half-sleeve tattoo cloud9.gif

The one Japanese horror flick that always seems to make top scare lists is "Audition" (I think that's the name...) Has anyone seen it? Something about this girl keeping a man bound in a gunny sack and systematically torturing and taking him a part.

Ahhh yes! "Audition" by Takashi Miike, my favorite foreign director! Awesome stuff, here is the synopsis:

Seven years after the death of his wife, company executive Aoyama is invited to sit in on auditions for an actress. Leafing through the resumés in advance, his eye is caught by Yamazaki Asami, a striking young woman with ballet training. On the day of the audition, she's the last person they see. Aoyama is hooked. He notes her number from her file, calls her and takes her to dinner. He hesitates to call again, worried that he'll seem too eager. When he does, Asami knowingly lets the phone ring for some time before answering. She's alone in her darkened room - alone, that is, apart from the writhing victim she has tied up in a sack on the floor...

The eye scene in "Hostel" was pretty disturbing.

Another film that sort of had a similar theme to "The Audition" was "Three Extremes". The first part was disgusting, the second part was disturbing, and the third part was scary. I'd recommend skipping the first part (it's 3 separate 40 minute length films) if you're easily offended by the subject matter. I know I was, but kept on watching because it's only a movie. About 20 people left the theater.

The eye scene in "Hostel" was pretty disturbing.

Another film that sort of had a similar theme to "The Audition" was "Three Extremes". The first part was disgusting, the second part was disturbing, and the third part was scary. I'd recommend skipping the first part (it's 3 separate 40 minute length films) if you're easily offended by the subject matter. I know I was, but kept on watching because it's only a movie.

I liked "Three Extremes" for what it was...

Takashi Miike does one of the shorts, as does Chanwook Park (the guy who directed the excellent movie "Oldboy").

Here's more info for those not familiar with this title:

The trilogy opens with Chan's disgustingly entertaining DUMPLINGS, which he has also turned into a full-length film. DUMPLINGS stars Miriam Yeung Chin-Wah as Ching, a former TV star who is afraid of facing middle age. She visits Mei (Bai Ling), whose secret recipe for dumplings helps women look and feel younger. But when Ching discovers what's actually in the pot-stickers, she has some deep soul-searching to do. In Park's brutally violent CUT, Lee Byung-hun stars as a movie director who has everything going for him--a beautiful wife, hit films, a fabulous house, and an upstanding reputation. But an extra (Gang Hye-jung) decides to spoil the fun by placing the director in a no-win situation that could end in murder. Finally, Miike closes the frightfest with BOX, a brilliant psychological thriller in which a reclusive novelist (Kyoko Hasegawa) is haunted by her dead twin sister and a dark family secret. Although Miike is highly regarded for his comic ultraviolence, he turns off the blood quotient in this smartly paced, very creepy tale.

IMHO, it's worth checking out if you like Asian extreme cinema thumbsup2.gif