• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic people on Frank Miller's rant

606 posts in this topic

and the big new 60" LED HD 1080p 240HZ 3d TV you were planning on buying

I have five words to say to that:

24 months @ 0% APR. :whee:

You do realize that 0% only applies if you can pay it off according to terms. And you do realize that it IS possible to save money until you can pay cash for what you want?

or in other words, don't worry about your mess, someone else will clean it up

That's what the citizen says. What does the sovereign say?

The bedeviled banks. When they made loans willy nilly, they were held up to public scorn as the reckless, unregulated, greedy & predatory source of all our troubles. When they choose caution & care with their lending they are treated with contempt. How dare the lenders stop lending! How dare the banks discontinue loan making! Prejudicial, unfair greed!

What will our central back do when China stops playing banker to the US? What does the sovereign say when it isn't willing or isn't able to clean up its mess?

It won't bother him at all. His time will be up and he will go back to Illinois.

Perhaps in five more years. Still trying to figure out which graveyard the Right exhumed the current batch of stiffs :cough: Nominees from. The zombies from the Walking Dead seem more lively.

The bedeviled banks. When they made loans willy nilly, they were held up to public scorn as the reckless, unregulated, greedy & predatory source of all our troubles. When they choose caution & care with their lending they are treated with contempt. How dare the lenders stop lending! How dare the banks discontinue loan making! Prejudicial, unfair greed!

What will our central back do when China stops playing banker to the US? What does the sovereign say when it isn't willing or isn't able to clean up its mess?

It won't bother him at all. His time will be up and he will go back to Illinois.

Perhaps in five more years. Still trying to figure out which graveyard the Right exhumed the current batch of stiffs :cough: Nominees from. The zombies from the Walking Dead seem more lively.

They probably came from the same pile of bones as the "Super Committee".

You do realize that 0% only applies if you can pay it off according to terms. And you do realize that it IS possible to save money until you can pay cash for what you want?

Cash is SO 1943. :eyeroll:

And yes, I do realize all that Dale. I didn't get to this point in my life by being a Helpless Debt Slave.

I don't understand what the rant was about. I don't exactly think the OWS people are against fighting terrorism.

You are correct. That's not on their list of demands.

However, when they switch over to "Occupy Black Friday" in a few days, they may toss that out the window.

Which will turn into the demand to forgive all Credit Card debt on payment Tuesday.

Fear of debt!?!? What a quaint notion of the capitalists.

Debt doesn’t count. Debt is neither here nor there. Debt is a mere placeholder. Debt is a means to an end. Debt isn't ours. Debt belongs to those demigods who manage the alchemy of debtcraft.

To forgive debt, default on debt, ignore debt, run-up debt, wallow in debt, leverage this & that, retire debt, write-off debt, write-down debt, trade in debt – no individual, entity, or sovereign should concern themselves with the consequences of debt. It is unnatural, usurious; & therefore apart from the real concerns of humankind: that the people should be made equal through the carefully structured planning of the politburo – those brilliant, self-appointed few. They will manage the debtcraft. They will have all the really sweet FM OA.

Poeple are more important than debt. Don't you love people?

If debt gets in the way of charity, then erase the debt.

If debt gets in the way of credit, erase the debt.

If debt gets in the way of getting off the couch, pulling up your pants and garnering the fruits of your labor then so be it. Sit back down, change the channel and send in your vote for another check.

Tomorrow, I will sit with some of my friends and some of my family and I will be thankful for the one thing that seperates me from many others: ethic, as in a personal work ethic.

Thank you Rand, thank you God, thank you Thomas and George and John and all the people that lived and died to support my pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness in what ever way I see fit as long as it does not infringe upon the like of others.

I have paid and will continue to pay the subsidies of the 47%.

God Bless America.

Cash is SO 1943. :eyeroll:

And yes, I do realize all that Dale. I didn't get to this point in my life by being a Helpless Debt Slave.

I know you know that. But I couldn't have made my point without saying that.

I don't understand what the rant was about. I don't exactly think the OWS people are against fighting terrorism.

You are correct. That's not on their list of demands.

However, when they switch over to "Occupy Black Friday" in a few days, they may toss that out the window.

Which will turn into the demand to forgive all Credit Card debt on payment Tuesday.

Fear of debt!?!? What a quaint notion of the capitalists.

Debt doesn’t count. Debt is neither here nor there. Debt is a mere placeholder. Debt is a means to an end. Debt isn't ours. Debt belongs to those demigods who manage the alchemy of debtcraft.

To forgive debt, default on debt, ignore debt, run-up debt, wallow in debt, leverage this & that, retire debt, write-off debt, write-down debt, trade in debt – no individual, entity, or sovereign should concern themselves with the consequences of debt. It is unnatural, usurious; & therefore apart from the real concerns of humankind: that the people should be made equal through the carefully structured planning of the politburo – those brilliant, self-appointed few. They will manage the debtcraft. They will have all the really sweet FM OA.

....and they called it bailout love.......

They probably came from the same pile of bones as the "Super Committee".

Why actually DO anything when you can posture and debate your way to gridlock? An earlier poster got it right, OWS should be dropping deuces on the steps of the capital. What I would give to see Nancy Pelosi and Eric Cantor cleaning up the grounds with a Pooper Scooper. They'd finaly be earning their salaries.....

Anyway, I think I should leave this thread before I get too caught up. Have lots of family coming over tomorrow to the new house and there is still a ton of stuff to do.

Best Wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving everyone....

That will never happen!

:sumo:

Housing prices will always go up.

This is not an internet bubble.

drivemystock.com will be a big hit! You'll make millions.

Madoff is a great investor, go as big as you can.

This new department will make us independant from foreign oil.

GM will always be on top.

Some things are just permanent.

Should someone who didn't go to Univesity and started paying tax at 16 have to pay for a middle class kid's degree in media studies? I don't think so. 2c

In a progressive tax system they wouldn't pay as much. And their children have access to an education that would otherwise be out of reach.

While I do appreciate that the OWS movement I think more or less what Frank Miller is trying to say is most of these people are doing it because it is the quote on quote cool thing to do.

Yes, he obviously went over board calling the OWS protesters criminals and such of course. However, I think his main point was proving that a lot of these protesters are treating this movement as a fad or trendy thing to do among college kids/radical left wingers.

As with the majority of big protests there are some bad apples, but as a whole I think most of the OWS protesters around the country are pretty peaceful and good hearted.

I do appreciate their message as it does at least raise political awareness hopefully to the powers that be. However, my big problem with this movement is it should have clearly been started where it makes the most sense at the steps of CONGRESS. Last time I checked Wall Street doesn't make the regulations or policies (they break them sure) that govern this country.

Maybe we should Occupy Marvel Comics to get their over priced talent to resign, and show that we do not need 5 X-men titles per month. ;)

Quote on quote, is that like girl on girl? hm

Two quotes, one course? ^^

Well I guess 3 girls is even better. :angel:

Should someone who didn't go to Univesity and started paying tax at 16 have to pay for a middle class kid's degree in media studies? I don't think so. 2c

In a progressive tax system they wouldn't pay as much. And their children have access to an education that would otherwise be out of reach.

Or maybe, you just don't tax people as much, let them keep their own money. Let them start working at a younger age, develop a work ethic instead of handing them everything, and teaching them how to handle money. in turn, they develop a sense of self worth, pride, see that work results in the ability to purchase what they want, and it is possible that they can actually be a success at something besides a video game.

It is a rare occurence in this country that a person cannot afford to go to college somewhere. Might not be the college they like, they might have to work at nights and on weekends, and even in the summers (the horror!!!), but it can be done in most cases. When it can't, I have no problem with legitimate financial aid.

I have no sympathy for those too lazy to work for what they want.

Or not.

Also, during the 1950s, the number of college students doubled. Getting a college education was no longer for the rich or elite. College in America turned into a mass higher education system that became a consumer necessity. Partially, this is due to the creation of the GI Bill of Rights, along with the increase in the standard of living for Americans at the time, which made the cost of a college education more reasonable and easier to afford.

Outside of the GI bill, we some how used to be able to afford college. Seems when market forces drove the price and not free, forgiven money from the Governmnt (read me), the cost of education was more reasonable.

Now that it has become an institution funded with low interest loans backed by the citizen colleges have realized they can charge as much as they like. People do not feel the pain during their 4 years so they buy as much as they can and worry later. Colleges adjust their prices, their campuses, their monuments to learning to meet the free money flow.

Every one gets a $80,000 liberal arts degree. Now what?

Seems like we might need a few less of those and a few more skilled workers. That is what businesses are looking for now and they can't be found.

Caps and gowns for everyone!

Everyone gets a trophy!

Just, not a job.

But why would you, if the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who are selling you the TV are giving you free money? As long as you're paying it under terms, you're saving a significant sum on your money.

I bought a car last November. Cost me $45,000. I could (a) pay the $45,000 right then and there OR (b) spread the cost out over 60 months at no interest and no cost to me. I'm getting the car now, and paying it in money five years from now? Done.

There are many things I can pay cash for, but why should I if I'm getting free money? Seriously....why?

Or maybe, you just don't tax people as much, let them keep their own money. Let them start working at a younger age, develop a work ethic instead of handing them everything, and teaching them how to handle money. in turn, they develop a sense of self worth, pride, see that work results in the ability to purchase what they want, and it is possible that they can actually be a success at something besides a video game.

It is a rare occurence in this country that a person cannot afford to go to college somewhere. Might not be the college they like, they might have to work at nights and on weekends, and even in the summers (the horror!!!), but it can be done in most cases. When it can't, I have no problem with legitimate financial aid.

I have no sympathy for those too lazy to work for what they want.

The person next to me is paying for his 4 kids to go to college. His taxes are paying for the room mate for one of them; she gets her check every month.

So he has to scrimp and save and eat PB&J (no offense Rocker) while the parents of the room mate get their kid a free ride.

Makes perfect sense.

But why would you, if the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who are selling you the TV are giving you free money? As long as you're paying it under terms, you're saving a significant sum on your money.

I bought a car last November. Cost me $45,000. I could (a) pay the $45,000 right then and there OR (b) spread the cost out over 60 months at no interest and no cost to me. I'm getting the car now, and paying it in money five years from now? Done.

There are many things I can pay cash for, but why should I if I'm getting free money? Seriously....why?

Rooms to GO!! till 2016!

:whee:

Because it is better to own, than to owe. The debtor is the slave to the lender.

Because in that 60 months lies risk. Risk to you, to your job, to your family, to your health. What happens when you wreck that car, can't work, can't pay for it.

Or what happens if you lose your job? Or your wife loses her job, or your kids get sick, or whatever.

Because it is better to own, than to owe. The debtor is the slave to the lender.

Because in that 60 months lies risk. Risk to you, to your job, to your family, to your health. What happens when you wreck that car, can't work, can't pay for it.

Or what happens if you lose your job? Or your wife loses her job, or your kids get sick, or whatever.

Then I will write the check and be done with it. The lender, in this case, is the slave to me as I have all the power in this situation. If I have to pay the car off tomorrow, I will do so. I'd just as soon pay for the 2011 car in 2016 dollars.

Then I will write the check and be done with it. The lender, in this case, is the slave to me as I have all the power in this situation. If I have to pay the car off tomorrow, I will do so. I'd just as soon pay for the 2011 car in 2016 dollars.

Given the way things are going, that 2016 dollar could be worth less than the 2011 dollar...... just sayin