• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic people on Frank Miller's rant

606 posts in this topic

I don't understand what the rant was about. I don't exactly think the OWS people are against fighting terrorism.

You are correct. That's not on their list of demands.

However, when they switch over to "Occupy Black Friday" in a few days, they may toss that out the window.

Which will turn into the demand to forgive all Credit Card debt on payment Tuesday.

I don't understand what the rant was about. I don't exactly think the OWS people are against fighting terrorism.

However, when they switch over to "Occupy Black Friday" in a few days, they may toss that out the window.

Which will turn into the demand to forgive all Credit Card debt on payment Tuesday.

:wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

Big money, big money, no whammies! Stop!!!

Read the #occupywallstreet "Declaration" bullet points for yourself: Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

"-They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.

-They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.

-They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts."

Nonsensical stuff from a fairly long laundry list, all condemning "They". :eyeroll:

Should someone who didn't go to Univesity and started paying tax at 16 have to pay for a middle class kid's degree in media studies? I don't think so. 2c

I tend to agree with this, but let's just let the millionaires pay for that too.

Or maybe this is a better idea.....let's donate the president's salary, the vp's salary, the salary of the entire staff, and that of all the Congress for as long as it takes to pay it off. In fact, let's donate their retirement earnings as well, just so they are like the rest of us. And put them on Obamacare too, that way they can better afford to donate their "public service" incomes.

Or maybe, here is an idea.

You get what you can afford. You get what you pay for. You live up to your responsibilities and pay off the that you borrowed money for, even if that means selling off all your , working a couple of extra jobs ( I hear Domino's is hiring drivers), and cut out a couple of vacations, that new Wii, and the big new 60" LED HD 1080p 240HZ 3d TV you were planning on buying, and about that new SUV you were going to get.....maybe we put that on hold til you can pay what you owe.

Should someone who didn't go to Univesity and started paying tax at 16 have to pay for a middle class kid's degree in media studies? I don't think so. 2c

I tend to agree with this, but let's just let the millionaires pay for that too.

Or maybe this is a better idea.....let's donate the president's salary, the vp's salary, the salary of the entire staff, and that of all the Congress for as long as it takes to pay it off. In fact, let's donate their retirement earnings as well, just so they are like the rest of us. And put them on Obamacare too, that way they can better afford to donate their "public service" incomes.

You get what you can afford. You get what you pay for. You live up to your responsibilities and pay off the that you borrowed money for, even if that means selling off all your , working a couple of extra jobs ( I hear Domino's is hiring drivers), and cut out a couple of vacations, that new Wii, and the big new 60" LED HD 1080p 240HZ 3d TV you were planning on buying, and about that new SUV you were going to get.....maybe we put that on hold til you can pay what you owe.

(worship)

Not much fun in that. It sounds like alot of work.

Fear of debt!?!? What a quaint notion of the capitalists.

Debt doesn’t count. Debt is neither here nor there. Debt is a mere placeholder. Debt is a means to an end. Debt isn't ours. Debt belongs to those demigods who manage the alchemy of debtcraft.

To forgive debt, default on debt, ignore debt, run-up debt, wallow in debt, leverage this & that, retire debt, write-off debt, write-down debt, trade in debt – no individual, entity, or sovereign should concern themselves with the consequences of debt. It is unnatural, usurious; & therefore apart from the real concerns of humankind: that the people should be made equal through the carefully structured planning of the politburo – those brilliant, self-appointed few. They will manage the debtcraft. They will have all the really sweet FM OA.

cool_smiley_emoticon.gif

While I do appreciate that the OWS movement I think more or less what Frank Miller is trying to say is most of these people are doing it because it is the quote on quote cool thing to do.

Yes, he obviously went over board calling the OWS protesters criminals and such of course. However, I think his main point was proving that a lot of these protesters are treating this movement as a fad or trendy thing to do among college kids/radical left wingers.

As with the majority of big protests there are some bad apples, but as a whole I think most of the OWS protesters around the country are pretty peaceful and good hearted.

I do appreciate their message as it does at least raise political awareness hopefully to the powers that be. However, my big problem with this movement is it should have clearly been started where it makes the most sense at the steps of CONGRESS. Last time I checked Wall Street doesn't make the regulations or policies (they break them sure) that govern this country.

Maybe we should Occupy Marvel Comics to get their over priced talent to resign, and show that we do not need 5 X-men titles per month. ;)

Quote on quote, is that like girl on girl? hm

Two quotes, one course? ^^

Fear of debt!?!? What a quaint notion of the capitalists.

Debt doesn’t count. Debt is neither here nor there. Debt is a mere placeholder. Debt is a means to an end. Debt isn't ours. Debt belongs to those demigods who manage the alchemy of debtcraft.

To forgive debt, default on debt, ignore debt, run-up debt, wallow in debt, leverage this & that, retire debt, write-off debt, write-down debt, trade in debt – no individual, entity, or sovereign should concern themselves with the consequences of debt. It is unnatural, usurious; & therefore apart from the real concerns of humankind: that the people should be made equal through the carefully structured planning of the politburo – those brilliant, self-appointed few. They will manage the debtcraft. They will have all the really sweet FM OA.

or in other words, don't worry about your mess, someone else will clean it up

Paris, January 30th, 1787

Thomas Jefferson

Dear Sir,

My last to you was of the 16th of December; since which, I have received yours of November 25 and December 4, which afforded me, as your letters always do, a treat on matters public, individual, and economical. I am impatient to learn your sentiments on the late troubles in the Eastern states. So far as I have yet seen, they do not appear to threaten serious consequences. Those states have suffered by the stoppage of the channels of their commerce, which have not yet found other issues. This must render money scarce and make the people uneasy. This uneasiness has produced acts absolutely unjustifiable; but I hope they will provoke no severities from their governments. A consciousness of those in power that their administration of the public affairs has been honest may, perhaps, produce too great a degree of indignation; and those characters, wherein fear predominates over hope, may apprehend too much from these instances of irregularity. They may conclude too hastily that nature has formed man insusceptible of any other government than that of force, a conclusion not founded in truth or experience.

Societies exist under three forms, sufficiently distinguishable: (1) without government, as among our Indians; (2) under governments, wherein the will of everyone has a just influence, as is the case in England, in a slight degree, and in our states, in a great one; (3) under governments of force, as is the case in all other monarchies, and in most of the other republics.

To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the first condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has its evils, too, the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs.

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.

If these transactions give me no uneasiness, I feel very differently at another piece of intelligence, to wit, the possibility that the navigation of the Mississippi may be abandoned to Spain. I never had any interest westward of the Allegheny; and I will never have any. But I have had great opportunities of knowing the character of the people who inhabit that country; and I will venture to say that the act which abandons the navigation of the Mississippi is an act of separation between the Eastern and Western country. It is a relinquishment of five parts out of eight of the territory of the United States; an abandonment of the fairest subject for the payment of our public debts, and the chaining those debts on our own necks, in perpetuum.

I have the utmost confidence in the honest intentions of those who concur in this measure; but I lament their want of acquaintance with the character and physical advantages of the people, who, right or wrong, will suppose their interests sacrificed on this occasion to the contrary interests of that part of the confederacy in possession of present power. If they declare themselves a separate people, we are incapable of a single effort to retain them. Our citizens can never be induced, either as militia or as soldiers, to go there to cut the throats of their own brothers and sons, or rather, to be themselves the subjects instead of the perpetrators of the parricide.

Nor would that country quit the cost of being retained against the will of its inhabitants, could it be done. But it cannot be done. They are able already to rescue the navigation of the Mississippi out of the hands of Spain, and to add New Orleans to their own territory. They will be joined by the inhabitants of Louisiana. This will bring on a war between them and Spain; and that will produce the question with us, whether it will not be worth our while to become parties with them in the war in order to reunite them with us and thus correct our error. And were I to permit my forebodings to go one step further, I should predict that the inhabitants of the United States would force their rulers to take the affirmative of that question. I wish I may be mistaken in all these opinions.

Yours affectionately,

Th. Jefferson

Sad to say that Frank seems to be becoming a shadow of his former self very quickly. Alcohol is a powerful drug.

I think blaming his obvious issues on alcohol is ridiculous. He is a self absorbed, self gratifying, ignorant, attention whore who somehow has come to the opinion that since he used to be a good artist, and a decent writer, people should care what his opinion on various subjects might be.

This is the same problem with much of Hollywood. I could care less what Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Angelina Jolie or anyone else thinks about politics/current events. Normal average everyday people have nothing in common with them, and I have no idea why they feel that anyone cares what they think. As if being famous and wealthy makes you knowledgable. The fascination with Hollywood/celebrity is one of the biggest problems with this country.

Narcissism, Hedonism and Idolatry are the philosophies of today!

Although I do not agree with Miller’s view of the people in the movement; but he does have his right to his opinion (just should keep it to himself). I also do not agree with the OWS as its only effect, to date, is to grab media headlines and waste precious municipal monies that would be better spent on the poor and homeless. How are you going to change a private organization by negatively impacting the general public and bankrupting the municipality?

Please see my signature line for an interesting quote from history!

That's what the citizen says. What does the sovereign say?

The bedeviled banks. When they made loans willy nilly, they were held up to public scorn as the reckless, unregulated, greedy & predatory source of all our troubles. When they choose caution & care with their lending they are treated with contempt. How dare the lenders stop lending! How dare the banks discontinue loan making! Prejudicial, unfair greed!

What will our central back do when China stops playing banker to the US? What does the sovereign say when it isn't willing or isn't able to clean up its mess?

That's what the citizen says. What does the sovereign say?

The bedeviled banks. When they made loans willy nilly, they were held up to public scorn as the reckless, unregulated, greedy & predatory source of all our troubles. When they choose caution & care with their lending they are treated with contempt. How dare the lenders stop lending! How dare the banks discontinue loan making! Prejudicial, unfair greed!

What will our central back do when China stops playing banker to the US? What does the sovereign say when it isn't willing or isn't able to clean up its mess?

It won't bother him at all. His time will be up and he will go back to Illinois.