• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic people on Frank Miller's rant

606 posts in this topic

Well, I concur with all of the above. By that I mean we all have out opinion. And we all know what that means, they are like h0les, everyone has one and they all stink!! Bottom line is free speech and no censorship. Practice what we preach peeps!! Frankly, I am Active Duty and probably lean more to the right, so be it, but I respect my Brothers & Sisters to the left. We all serve so Frank can say what he feels, he just happens to have a bigger soapbox, that is one of his rights. If you can't respect his opinion, then please, for our Hero's that are deployed, respect them for protecting it.

Next time you're in line at the grocery store, take a gander at the magazines displayed at the checkout. Time? National Geographic? Nope. Globe, Star, and any number of other rags are predominantly displayed. The unfortunate reality is that a large portion of the population in this country absorbs celebrity and is vicariously addicted to it.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems there was once a day when to get on the cover of these rags you had to actually be a celebrity on the level of say Michael Jackson or Liz Taylor, not just somebody from a reality show most people have never heard of.

Today at the line in the checkout:

photo.jpg

Everybody, celebrities and otherwise, have a right to make their voices heard. The greater the diversity in debate the better.

Except for Frank Miller. He's got nothing to add and should sod off.

I have no respect left for this man. I an even considering selling off my OA done by Frank Miller. I refuse to patronize his work any longer. Sorry Frank, but I respectfully disagree.

There are way too many other artists worthy of my respect and admiration.

Everybody, celebrities and otherwise, have a right to make their voices heard. The greater the diversity in debate the better.

Except for Frank Miller. He's got nothing to add and should sod off.

This could turn into a plus now for the comic book community.

:idea:

How?

Maybe now we won`t have other comic creators worshiping him,amd maybe we won`t have to endure another 25 years of comic creators doing waterdowned versions of his dark n gritty style. This could be the turning point where the comic creators find a new style.

I have no respect left for this man. I an even considering selling off my OA done by Frank Miller. I refuse to patronize his work any longer. Sorry Frank, but I respectfully disagree.

I would stay far away from Bernie Wrightson, I heard he walked past a tree and didn't hug it. (tsk)

I would stay far away from Bernie Wrightson, I heard he walked past a tree and didn't hug it. (tsk)

:roflmao:

That sunuva... :mad:

The unfortunate reality is that a large portion of the population in this country absorbs celebrity and is vicariously addicted to it.

I'd like to amend your comment to the following;

"...the population in this country, England, Japan, Egypt, Israel, Russia, Kuwait, Greece, Rome, Constantinople, Athens, and every other society that has managed to grow past simple subsistence throughout history absorbs celebrity..."

It's a base portion of the human condition, and the simple fact of the matter is that celebrities voice their opinions on everything because they are given a forum by society to do so. The entirety of the media is their Bully Pulpit and like it or not, thus it shall ever be