• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

141 posts in this topic

Iron Man #55 1st Thanos is an undervalued book.

It's pretty common and not as in demand as it once was.

I don't know. A friend was trying to find one at SDCC this year and actually having a hard time. He did buy one there, but if you are having a hard time finding even a minor key at San Diego, then I would say it is not common.

FF#48 is common as dirt.

Warehouse book.

It's very common but the Surfer is extremely popular and that book continues to go strong. I've sold several 9.6 and 9.8 copies in the past year.

Whenever I talk to long time SA collectors, they always list the Surfer as a favourite character. Happens to be mine as well.

I know Hulk 181 is easy to find and I myself have owned 6 or 7 copies, but I believe wolverine will become more and more popular over the next 20 years and many copies have been cut up due to the stamp thing, so having an original one in nice shape should be future gold in my opinion.

I saw two boys playing the other day outside and one had three broken twigs in each had chassing the other one around. Future fans will be wolverine fans maybe even more so than any other hero in my opinion.

Off the top of my head: In random order:

Tec 359

ASM 16

Sgt Fury 1

FF 21

DD 1

Action 252

House of Mystery 156

Doom Patrol 121

Batman 232

Supermans girlfriend Lois Lane 70

All are high (isn't everything nowadays?), but should and will go higher.

Did we make a list already, of the silver and bronze that are too high?

B&B #54 - The first Teen Titans, and actually a pretty funky(in a cool way) cover.

Strange Adventures #205 - gets a lot of attention, but with a TV series being developed by the showrunners of Supernatural, this book has lots of room for growth.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

None -

Yep. No sleepers left to ramp up in price.

sad but true (thumbs u

No sleepers per se but relative ramping still happens. One book or another "lags" behind others in value and those see a slight surge. Saw it happen with ST #110 this fall as all of a sudden everyone was looking for a copy.

based on nothing but my opinion, im amazed how cheap you can pick up almost every WARREN mag. eerie, creepy etc etc. amazing books. i'd guess they had loads in the capt company warehouse though that keeps suppy plentiful

Batman 181

Tec 359

Green Lantern 7

Flash 139

etc.

Mainly silver age DC first appearance of major characters. Although there isn't as much demand for them now, I think it could pick up in the future. The graded supply is a lot lower then Marvel keys too. Just my opinion.

Most undervalued?

Spirou 1071, first Smurfs

Totally overlooked, and the film did nothing for it, contrary to all popular wisdom on the matter of films and comics and prices and values and such.

I hear there will be a sequel.

To the movie, not to Spirou 1071. There were plenty of comics.

Back to the thread…

i know im glad the atlas books are as cheap as they are, i started goin back and gettin them to read when the arden books relaunced them, and they are some great readin.

probably not ever gonna b worth much, but as far as story goes, these books are some of the most undervalued ive ever seen.

:headbang: