• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

Here's my perspective:

Everyone starts with a "reservoir of goodwill"... usually more positive than neutral. Hardly anyone starts with a negative. Your actions here either add to that reservoir, take away from it, or don't alter it.

Once it's depleted for some people, it's that much harder to get back as people tend to have long memories. (shrug)

(thumbs u

All through elementary school, my daughter has been taught to be a "bucket filler". It's never to late to go back to the basics for such a basic concept as this.

Seem like it might have help you in this situation.

So to summarize: If he didn't want to receive a nasty PM from RMA, he should place him on ignore?

While I would bet that you are good at your job, that isn't what he said.

Nasty? I didn't realize you saw the PM?

So I get this massive run on PM attacking my character, ethics, morals & intelligence. It was an amazing piece of work considering that he really wasn't even on my radar for the most part. Basically questioning how I could live with myself being such a morally & ethically corrupt person. I actually had to go back & reread what I had posted.

I sent a reply asking him not to PM me again because I wouldn't be reading anything else from him. He sent me a second PM berating me in the Subject Headline,

I've bolded the parts that would make such a PM "nasty" IMO. Maybe objectionable PM is a better phrase if you don't like nasty.

Great post. Most of RMA's detractors are suffering from the same dogged determinism that RMA is chided for. They can't let him go. They are just as much like a dog with a bone as RMA himself is. The problem is that they can't see it, because they are too busy saying "Look at RMA, look at all the threads he is in causing trouble," rather than saying to themselves, "Why am I following this guy around and pointing out what a I think he is?"

It is almost always patently false. He is not causing trouble. He is zealously, vociferously and aggressively debating all of the points that he feels are worthy of his efforts. If you don't like it, go away. I did. Go find the last time I really engaged RMA. It was about the comics distribution system. I thought he was full of mess, but he kept on steaming along. Finally I gave up. He is still my friend, even though I think he was cuckoo for cocoa puffs for thinking that he knows exactly what may or may not have happened with pallets of Silver Surfer #4s circa 1969.

These are posts on an internet chat board and the haters get themselves wound so frickin tight about his posts and then they blame him. HUH???? The bottom line is that haters want him gone, and they follow him around to goad him into engaging all of them at once and making himself look like he is frothing at the mouth, because they want him gone. The real question is whether he will stop taking the bait before the haters get what they want.

+1 :applause:

+ infinity :applause:

Seriously, a lot of the people who accuse RMA of certain things are certainly just as "guilty" of these same things. (shrug)

RMA's "problem" is that whenever he's gang banged (and he has been gang banged constantly in the last few months), he prefers to take on each attacker separately so he ends up replying to 10 people one after the other. Could he possibly just let go and not respond or just put some people on ignore and never bother with them again? Sure, I guess.

But the same thing goes for everyone here! I don't understand where the double standard comes from. :sumo:

So to summarize: If he didn't want to receive a nasty PM from RMA, he should place him on ignore?

More like if he wanted what he said he wanted:

I sent a reply asking him not to PM me again because I wouldn't be reading anything else from him.

There was a mechanism, at his disposal, that would effectuate that end without being entirely dependent on the person he no longer wishes to receive PMs from obeying his wishes.

Responding to an opinion with statements like "Frankly, you don't register on my radar much" and "you have something of a hard on for me it appears" is flair and not the sound of something being taken personal?

"The Irony of you saying this is classic" isn't 'flair?'

I'm confused.

Sometimes I feel I'm in Bizarro world here.

That's fine. If you don't want to directly respond, don't. All I asked for is where I was spouting BS, being hypocritical or ironic.

Am I the only one here that thinks of the movie "Office Space" every time I hear the word "FLAIR"?!

While I would bet that you are good at your job, that isn't what he said.

Nasty? I didn't realize you saw the PM?

So I get this massive run on PM attacking my character, ethics, morals & intelligence. It was an amazing piece of work considering that he really wasn't even on my radar for the most part. Basically questioning how I could live with myself being such a morally & ethically corrupt person. I actually had to go back & reread what I had posted.

I sent a reply asking him not to PM me again because I wouldn't be reading anything else from him. He sent me a second PM berating me in the Subject Headline,

I've bolded the parts that would make such a PM "nasty" IMO. Maybe objectionable PM is a better phrase if you don't like nasty.

I would go with unwanted.

Nasty and objectionable are the same thing. You have already decided that you know the content and tone of the PM without having seen it.

While I have no reason to doubt Boomtown, I haven't seen the PM.

Even if the PM is irrefutably objectionable and just plain dickheaded, it just proves RMA may be a Richard. :o:o:o

Sure it gives you one more feather to put in your hat on your charge to prove to the Boards RMA is a Richard but when the hell do you give up and let people just be a Richard?

Responding to an opinion with statements like "Frankly, you don't register on my radar much" and "you have something of a hard on for me it appears" is flair and not the sound of something being taken personal?

"The Irony of you saying this is classic" isn't 'flair?'

I'm confused.

Sometimes I feel I'm in Bizarro world here.

That's fine. If you don't want to directly respond, don't. All I asked for is where I was spouting BS, being hypocritical or ironic.

You're right.

You've never instigated drama. You've never stepped over the line in an argument.

You've never painted yourself as a martyr.

My bad.

Everyone carry on.

Sheesh. Nothing takes the fun out of funny like having to explain a joke.

I have decided to allow you to Richarddup whenever you care to. I will notify you, however, when you have, in fact Richarddedup.

Oh, I do it a lot. :cloud9: You are gonna be busy on the notifications.

:whee:

By the by, I only put Richard so I wouldn't get a strike for masking like I had originally intended.

Just to nip that in the bud before anyone named Richard takes me to task for thinking I was trying to subtly and passively/aggressively take a swipe at them.

Edited by Park

I just don't believe it.

A Maxx thread going more than two pages?

Nice to see Darker Image picking up the 1st App officially. Funny though, the 1st App of the Isz was about six years earlier.

Oh, and oneformahomies.jpg for our fallen homies. I believe this is how they would have wanted to go.

I have decided to allow you to Richarddup whenever you care to. I will notify you, however, when you have, in fact Richarddedup.

Oh, I do it a lot. :cloud9: You are gonna be busy on the notifications.

:whee:

By the by, I only put Richard so I wouldn't get a strike for masking like I had originally intended.

Just to nip that in the bud before anyone named Richard takes me to task for thinking I was trying to subtly and passively/aggressively take a swipe at them.

" Swiper, NO SWIPING!!!!!"

(tsk)

I just don't believe it.

Nice to see Darker Image picking up the 1st App officially. Funny though, the 1st App of the Isz was about six years earlier.

Oh, and oneformahomies.jpg for our fallen homies. I believe this is how they would have wanted to go.

Where is the 1st app of the Isz?

I just don't believe it.

I hear it is an Isz of an iss, if ever an iss there was.

I just don't believe it.

critters21, gravedancer.

I just don't believe it.

critters21

I think it appears in Critters #7 first before appearing on the cover in #21. Then later in I before E #2.

I just don't believe it.

critters21

I think it appears in Critters #7 first before appearing on the cover in #21. Then later in I before E #2.

hm Somehow, someway, this thread continues to find purpose. Thanks!

I'm no lawyer, but the same guy calling RMA a cancer is the same guy saying RMA is whining about being a martyr. My bullsh1te antenna are tingling.

And this is my new favorite gremlin.

:facepalm:

And forgive my coming into today's discussion late. Some of us put in full days for our employers/clients.