• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

I prepped my book on the lower left hand corner and plan to use a silver pen.

ah, well do they have different color pens available at their table?...i'll be sending mine in. I guess i could assume he wouldn't use a black pen on a dark background. How large of a box do you normally need to give them for their signature.

I don't really know. I tried to cut a 3" x 3" Box on mine. Maybe someone else can help?

I'm prepping some books and I cut a 3X3 for Stan Lee (Dallas Con) since his sigs aren't usually large. Now I'm going for a double sig and cut a larger 6x3 hole for Patrick Stewart since I don't know how he signs. I'll do the same thing for a couple others since I don't know their signatures all that well....would rather them have extra room then very little room.

As for different colored pens, the best thing to do is bring your own pen(s).

where do you guys get your frames for displaying your OA (if you have any). I just got this page 8 from Fatale 1 and haven't opened it yet because i don't want to get it banged up before i put it in a frame.

I get my frames at Michael's (i.e., I have them frame the art professionally). I know there are some cheaper alternatives out there, but IMO, they all look like . Just depends on how long you plan on having it on the wall, I guess.

Michael's used to have these clear plastic "frames" that, if I remember correctly, you could just slide the art into the middle, and the frame would attach to the wall with two small screws. Probably a more affordable option than going the full nine, and doesn't look too bad in a pinch.

I was misquoted. They definitely look like *fork*, NOT like *spoon*.

On another note...I am very curious to see where this title goes from here. I hope it lives up to the promise evident in the first two issues. And, considering that the print run on issue 1 is actually relatively high for an Image book, the fact that it is going to press for a 3rd printing is rather remarkable. Hopefully that is an indication of the number of people giving the book a shot, and not just the fact that a few hoarders have a few thousand copies in their basement next to their Powerball tickets. ;-)

where do you guys get your frames for displaying your OA (if you have any). I just got this page 8 from Fatale 1 and haven't opened it yet because i don't want to get it banged up before i put it in a frame.

I get my frames at Michael's (i.e., I have them frame the art professionally). I know there are some cheaper alternatives out there, but IMO, they all look like . Just depends on how long you plan on having it on the wall, I guess.

Michael's used to have these clear plastic "frames" that, if I remember correctly, you could just slide the art into the middle, and the frame would attach to the wall with two small screws. Probably a more affordable option than going the full nine, and doesn't look too bad in a pinch.

Seconded.

I use Micheals Home Frames, basic 1 inch black wood frame, in a variety of sizes. 11x17 are $50, but with Micheals, every week they have some sort of sale.

Either 50-60% 1 item

40% all frame

or this week

Buy 1 frame, get the second for a penny.

k tnx....yeah i had a gilligan's island litho framed at michaels, they did a nice job.

did anyone happen to find any fatale 1s with square corners.....all mine look like a mouse started to chew on them (maybe not quite that bad). got one with a nice top left corner but the bottom left is turned out just a hair...i'm sure that sets off the CGC security system.

i do have a 2nd issue that looks like it might be a 9.9 if i'm lucky.

On another note...I am very curious to see where this title goes from here. I hope it lives up to the promise evident in the first two issues. And, considering that the print run on issue 1 is actually relatively high for an Image book, the fact that it is going to press for a 3rd printing is rather remarkable. Hopefully that is an indication of the number of people giving the book a shot, and not just the fact that a few hoarders have a few thousand copies in their basement next to their Powerball tickets. ;-)

There is a discussion thread up here where we've been speculating about what's been important in the first couple of issues if you're interested in participating.

trying to figure out where to have brubaker sign his name for the expo....on her forehead???

Brubaker is going to be at Image Expo? I must have missed his name, but is Sean Phillips goin to be there too?

I believe he's going to be at the London Convention at the same time.

trying to figure out where to have brubaker sign his name for the expo....on her forehead???

Brubaker is going to be at Image Expo? I must have missed his name, but is Sean Phillips goin to be there too?

I believe he's going to be at the London Convention at the same time.

Sean Phillips, that is

other than the statement by CBR, has anyone confirmed (if that's even possible) that the Beast cover has 50% fewer copies printed than the Beauty cover.

Dude, I told you they're not Powerball tickets, they're Mexican lottery tickets. Get it right. :taptaptap:

did anyone happen to find any fatale 1s with square corners.....all mine look like a mouse started to chew on them (maybe not quite that bad). got one with a nice top left corner but the bottom left is turned out just a hair...i'm sure that sets off the CGC security system.

i do have a 2nd issue that looks like it might be a 9.9 if i'm lucky.

I think there needs to be some kind of forgiveness on these books. The printing defects seem to be the norm from corners to printing scuffs. I even have a copy that looks like a printing error where the grayish background came through on the lettering.

Maybe I can get Ryan to trade me it for the OA #1 cover. hm

lol

I think there needs to be some kind of forgiveness on these books. The printing defects seem to be the norm from corners to printing scuffs. I even have a copy that looks like a printing error where the grayish background came through on the lettering.

I'm trying to see if I can get Brubaker to sign over the scuffs on my copies of issue 1

Maybe I can get Ryan to trade me it for the OA #1 cover. hm

lol

This deserves no response ;-)