• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS show us your books from 1962

446 posts in this topic

Here are scans of some of my comics cover dated September 1962:

03-06-201185550PM.jpg

:cool:

Luv that cover, :applause: the Atom was almost washed up before he started. :whistle:

Atom caught some serious hell on some of his covers.....kind of reminds me of the old "Mr. Bill" skits from Saturday Night Live.....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here are scans of four more of my comics cover dated September 1962:

02-07-201164237PM.jpg

The Atom is at it again. Instead of working part time as a plumber, he's out for a relaxing time bowling.

StrangeAdventures144.jpg

There's nothing like being out for a quiet ride in the smoldering countryside when suddenly your attacked by blue headed mole people. One of my absolute favorite Strange Adventure covers. (thumbs u

20-09-201183926PM.jpg

There is a certain similarity between this cover and issue 39. Was it a pre Space Ranger tryout before launching for real in issue 40?

TOTU_39.jpg

12-07-2012110429PM.jpg

:o

The Atom is at it again. Instead of working part time as a plumber, he's out for a relaxing time bowling.

I love that cover! Part of the reason is that it was the first Justice League of America comic I ever actually bought as a kid.

There's nothing like being out for a quiet ride in the smoldering countryside when suddenly your attacked by blue headed mole people. One of my absolute favorite Strange Adventure covers.

It's my very favourite Strange Adventures cover, and very surprisingly only cover appearance by the Atomic Knights.

There is a certain similarity between this cover and issue 39. Was it a pre Space Ranger tryout before launching for real in issue 40?

I don't see it as any kind of a tryout. Space Ranger had already gotten his tryouts in issues #15 and #16 of Showcase and that character doesn't resemble Space Ranger at all.

(shrug)

Great Strange Adventures 144 the only cover of the Atomic Knights series which was one great read.Murphy Anderson was also my favorite silver artist and is one great person to meet,very humble and a great talent!

Hepcat, Your copy of Turok Son of Stone 29 is incredible. :applause:

It's an incredible run!

While were on September, I do not believe I have posted my copy of Detective #307 yet.

DET_307.jpg

That was the first Detective I remember buying as a kid!

(thumbs u

This was a great idea for a thread. Overall comics from 1962 knock my sox off! They're smack dead center in the middle of my wheelhouse.

Here are scans of five of my comics cover dated October 1962:

19-05-201180121PM.jpg

Aquaman5.jpg

GreenLantern16.jpg

23-11-201175222AM.jpg

LoisLane36.jpg

This was a great idea for a thread. Overall comics from 1962 knock my sox off! They're smack dead center in the middle of my wheelhouse.

Here are scans of five of my comics cover dated October 1962:

19-05-201180121PM.jpg

Aquaman5.jpg

GreenLantern16.jpg

23-11-201175222AM.jpg

LoisLane36.jpg

Thanks, comic books from around 58 to 65 are my favorites.

I really like the HOS cover. :applause: That is an under appreciated series along with it's sister tile House of Mystery. GL #16. :cloud9:

Time is running short for this series, but hey, who knows, we could do it again next year for 63 books. :grin:

I have a few 62 Superman books left to post.

The year 1962 was indeed a very good one for Superman. That makes me wonder though, where's Silver?

Here are scans of a few more comics from October 1962:

02-09-201294608PM.jpg

03-08-201272557PM.jpg

1 Northland copy

17-05-201183701PM.jpg

30-10-2011104342PM.jpg

26-10-201175110PM.jpg

Note that the Gold Key imprint burst upon the newstands with issues cover dated October 1962.