• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS show us your books from 1962

446 posts in this topic

Those Archies always had great art by Rosenberg very unappreciated,but also had some good stories within the pages.Thanks for posting!

Agreed, I only have a couple of the later issues of the Fly, and they are excellent.

Thoughts for next year;

Add some more Turok Son of Stone - check

Add some Doctor Solars - check

Add some more Brave and Bold - check

Add some more Gorgo - check

Not too mention JLA, Metal Men, Wonder Woman and more.

Hepcat,

Don't you recall Silver posted petty much every 62 issue of Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Action Comics, and Wolds Finest books. :applause: It took about 7 or 8 pages in this thread to accomplish that feat. :cloud9:

Those Archies always had great art by Rosenberg very unappreciated,but also had some good stories within the pages.

The Adventures of the Fly was the first superhero title that caught my attention. I used to read through them in early 1961 at the back of the Lamont & Perkins and Tyler & Zettel drug stores on Wortley Road in London until they chased me out for treating their stores like a library! I didn't turn nine until April of that year so dimes were a pretty scarce commodity for me.

The Fly and the Jaguar now are right up there with Aquaman, Hawkman, Green Arrow and Adam Strange a notch below Green Lantern and the Flash in my personal pantheon of heroes.

Hepcat,

Don't you recall Silver posted petty much every 62 issue of Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Action Comics, and Wolds Finest books. :applause: It took about 7 or 8 pages in this thread to accomplish that feat. :cloud9:

Whoops! And they were gorgeous too, but he did them all eleven whole months ago, and often I can't remember what I did even eleven days ago!

That's one of my favourites now as well! I don't think I ever managed to score a copy of that one as a kid though.

Here are scans of a few more of my comics cover dated November 1962:

02-09-201294612PM.jpg

13-06-2011101352PM.jpg

07-06-201174522PM.jpg

10-06-201245148PM.jpg

05-09-2011114156PM.jpg

28-06-2011115431PM.jpg

25-06-2011101201PM.jpg

:cool:

Only a few "posting" days left until 12/31/2012.

SUPS_158.jpg

Nice comic but that one is actually cover dated January 1963.

Here though are scans of some of my comics cover dated December 1962:

Reptisaurus8.jpg

17-05-201183708PM.jpg

26-10-201175121PM.jpg

29-07-201250838PM.jpg

Nice comic but that one is actually cover dated January 1963.

Here though are scans of some of my comics cover dated December 1962:

Reptisaurus8.jpg

17-05-201183708PM.jpg

I went by the oversize 12c, and should have looked at the month. I think this may have occurred in this thread before though. hm

How do you rate the Reptisaurus stories, compared to say Gorgo?

The artwork on the early Doctor Solar covers appears to be more late 60's like than early 60's. Very cool indeed. (thumbs u

I went by the oversize 12c, and should have looked at the month. I think this may have occurred in this thread before though. hm

Yes, I seem to recall at least one previous instance of that occurring but I'll not point any fingers.

;)

How do you rate the Reptisaurus stories, compared to say Gorgo?

Nothing compares with Gorgo. He was the man!

The artwork on the early Doctor Solar covers appears to be more late 60's like than early 60's. Very cool indeed. (thumbs u

Pity the interior artwork was disappointing in comparison.

:(