• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Threads in CGC Forum History
11 11

111 posts in this topic

I blame Harmon in that exchange.

I concur.

He wasn't clear in his explanation.

I'm sorry. I didn't understand your post.

Is CGC trying to make board participants blindly ignorant to the hobby's dark underbelly? Silly question, I know. This all started a long time ago.

I reckon they started down that particular path around '04.

I have no problem with unsubstantiated rumours getting the chop, but well-researched, evidence-heavy threads?

I don't feel it reflects well on CGC that they try to suppress this sort of thing. Makes people wonder just what else is going on. :facepalm:

From what I recall, I thought this was a pretty funny thread... If you don't want to read it all, be sure to check out the 1st post and the 12th post (Bugaboo's response to the original post)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=144881&Searchpage=63&Main=7577&Words=cgc+game&topic=0&Search=true#Post144881

You know I just when to check "my posts" under my ID and it only goes back 4 pages now! Did anyone else have there data wiped out as well?

They fixed it. If yours doesn't work correctly after hitting F5, you will need to stay logged out for 48 hours to allow the server to update your profile.

You know I just when to check "my posts" under my ID and it only goes back 4 pages now! Did anyone else have there data wiped out as well?

They fixed it. If yours doesn't work correctly after hitting F5, you will need to stay logged out for 48 hours to allow the server to update your profile.

lol

This Ian Levine fella - he's not the same guy who was instrumental in Northern Soul becoming huge in the UK?

All those oscure 'B' sides. Went onto DJ at many scooter rallies over the decades?

The same guy?

This Ian Levine fella - he's not the same guy who was instrumental in Northern Soul becoming huge in the UK?

All those oscure 'B' sides. Went onto DJ at many scooter rallies over the decades?

The same guy?

Yup. Same guy.

There were some hysterical threads where "Hammer" aka "Comic Keys" aka whatever would go on these tirades about him taking over world domination, mopping floors with board members with his massive physical prowess and probably my favorite moment in all CGC Forums History......Drum roll please......Offering $50,000 to Supapimp to meet up for a street fight !

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This still tickles me, ten years later.....

The same guy?

Yup. Same guy.

Well I'll be damned - I never knew that.

Maybe he financed all the comic buying when he found one of 3 (I think) existing copies of "Do I Love You" ?

He was certainly always involved in some sort of 'fuss' in the scooter/Northern scene since I got into it in 1978.

Small world.

Thanks for that.

My fights with GMan were pretty funny, as well as my fights with Metropolis and Hammer/Comic-Keys. I used to pretty much fight with everyone on the boards when this forum first came around. This forum needed a villain and I was gonna give it to them :)

I was hoping to see Justin's Thread! :o

I had a lot of fun with that one...

That was a fun thread. :grin:

That thread was one of the first threads I remember when I joined. If I remember right, Justin was talking about how he spent all his money on his girlfriend and didn't have money left for Captain America comics, etc. Oak was really calm, cool and collected - then SNAP - he finally had enough and gave him both barrels. I think that lashing was the end of Justin. He just left after that, never to return.