• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 29-30, 2012

275 posts in this topic

Joel-

you're seriously a class act, and I'm looking forward on catching up with you. I know you wear many hats between exhibiting, coordinating CGC signings, being the maven of eBay retail, and of course promoting the SoCal Comic Conventions in San DIego County. Other than a personal trip out to Wizard Chicago, I would like to catch a dinner with you one evening if our schedules can connect....

As for JayCompanyComics displaying at Las Vegas Comic Expo- jury is still out on this one. Ideally i would like to book several additional new/modern age comic dealers in addition to the ones we have now instead of hustling retail this Vegas Weekend.

My personal focus needs to be on putting together the best possible event at this point. Charles & Co have a vision of what they want to accomplish and my goal is to carry out that vision. I came onto the team roughly 2 months before the event, and my job description is make the event as smooth for the exhibitors, pros, and most certainly the fans.

I completely agree with you in that Las Vegas should have a fun comic event for the city. Something that appeals to locals, and beyond- something to attract people in the region to make a weekend out of it.

With the Artist Alley that is deep with international talent as the focal point, this seems like a great event to get commissions, pick up artwork, and close out those blank sketch covers that you always wanted.

We will be tightening up the programming and more, so please keep checking back the official site at http://www.LasVegasComicExpo.com

best-

Jimmy S. Jay...

Dinner sounds great, Jimmy, just let me know when you're in San Marcos and I'll drive up. Good luck in Chicago, I was toying with the idea of a return to Rosemont, but probably not this year...

Glad to hear it's all working out. I'm not as worried about Jay Company coming out, just curious as well about that exhibitor list. Make us proud, Jimmy, keep it up! :)

Joel

Thanks. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a few east coast friends who are thinking of coming out with me, and the best airfares are usually around six weeks out of the travel date so decision day is approaching. The more info available, the better the results will be.

I agree, I'm not so much into the guests as who will be there for dealer's and would like to know sooner then later, to be able to make the decision for going. (thumbs u

If the people putting on the con can't post who will be represented for dealer's could possibly some of the dealers who frequent the boards let us know if they are going. (shrug)

From the few LCS i frequent as of 3 weeks ago they where still waiting on their packets to be emailed to them. I know for sure Cosmic Comics was really interested in selling at this show.

From the few LCS i frequent as of 3 weeks ago they where still waiting on their packets to be emailed to them. I know for sure Cosmic Comics was really interested in selling at this show.

Alternate Reality Comics is planning on being there also.

There will be a strong presence from the local comic stores at the Las Vegas COmic Expo. Confirmed vendors as of this week include Alternate Reality, Avatar Comics, and Vault. Maximum Comics will be involved with the gaming portion of the show, and we are waiting final confirmation of several other B&M stores exhibiting at the show.

We will be releasing a progressive list of vendors in the coming weeks, as paperwork, payments, and placements are processed.

There will be a strong presence from the local comic stores at the Las Vegas COmic Expo. Confirmed vendors as of this week include Alternate Reality, Avatar Comics, and Vault. Maximum Comics will be involved with the gaming portion of the show, and we are waiting final confirmation of several other B&M stores exhibiting at the show.

We will be releasing a progressive list of vendors in the coming weeks, as paperwork, payments, and placements are processed.

Thanks for the update. :applause: many of us in Las Vegas are really looking foward to this event. Thanks again.

If you are a stranger to Vegas, and choose to stay at Alexis, you really need a car to enjoy the city. Car rentals are cheap, and parking is FREE almost everywhere.The strip looks real close, but its a long walk and when you get there, your walking has just begun. While walking on the strip is safe, the walk to and from it can get dicey at times., and cabs add up real fast.

This post worries me a bit. If the comics exhibitors are all from the local Vegas area, then there's not much reason for a Gold/Silver Age collector to attend.

Harley is my barometer. He does so many shows, if you can't get Harley, you probably can't get any dealers with a healthy stock of vintage material. I'm going to wait for the exhibitor list before making any travel arrangements.

I would love to support a local event like this, but as mostly a collector of vintage comics, I have seen nothing indicating that dealers of old comics will be attending. Can anyone shed some light on the exhibitors who are confirmed?

I would love to support a local event like this, but as mostly a collector of vintage comics, I have seen nothing indicating that dealers of old comics will be attending. Can anyone shed some light on the exhibitors who are confirmed?

While trying to remain optimistic, I'm having my doubts there will be much vintage stuff there. Nice list of guests, but is that enough to draw people from out of town?

The trouble with Vegas shows is that outside of Vegas, there are very few people within a two hour drive of it. As an example- Atlantic City has a much smaller population, but there are 20 million people in driving range. Vegas has a million people with another 200,000 or so in driving range.

Hopefully, some SoCal dealers will show up.

If you look at the glossy they are handing out, you don't even see an emphasis on vintage comics at all. I think that is a mistake if you want this show to repeat and be succesful. People will drive and fly for a good comics show, and Las Vegas is a great destination that is highly accessible. Yet, without the draw of nationally known comics dealers, a lot of people won't bother.

BTW, Las Vegas has a population of 2 million, and is a 4 hour drive from LA and only slightly longer from Phoenix, so it does have access to a large population.

For Canadian's Vegas is one of "the" cheapest places to fly and stay. I was looking forward to going to this, but like most normal people I need some lead time to take the time off and book to make it. Without the ability to see which "if any" national dealers are setting up, the organizer's have effectively made my decision for me. :(

Really disappointing for a first time "comic" (shrug) con