• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

they're going for $10 pretty regularly...a few for $15.00. Make sure you hold them to the light to see the crease, they can be difficult to see at first. When i bought mine i thought they were fine also until i looked closer. Also check the back cover, i've seen a few with double creases on the back but only 1 on the front.

Totally happy with cgc( not that was ever mad) sent books(thief of thieves) off wed arrived today all the way from arizona. Recieved and verified nice was not thinking that clock would start ticking on these until monday. I have only submitted through shows and was only able to track by calling and bugging them. Now with collectors society account makes it easier and at my finger tips. Very very happy. Now please hope the grading GODS are kind on me.

Totally happy with cgc( not that was ever mad) sent books(thief of thieves) off wed arrived today all the way from arizona. Recieved and verified nice was not thinking that clock would start ticking on these until monday. I have only submitted through shows and was only able to track by calling and bugging them. Now with collectors society account makes it easier and at my finger tips. Very very happy. Now please hope the grading GODS are kind on me.

:applause:

You can submit books to CGC w/o doing at a show or through a dealer? Please explain?

I'm not sure about every way but you can do it though a Paid membership through Collector's Society. Once you pay your dues, you can fill out an online submission form and pay for everything and them ship the form with the books to the CGC. It's a 125.00 a year and you get 3-4 free submission tickets...these are mailed out in like 2-3wks

You got big stones sending in Thief of Thieves before you know what the print run is :applause: I'm scared that it sold like 30K copies. There is a shot that after The Infinite disaster that people didn't order it heavy. For example, after my pre-order my LCS had 3 copies. I'm really excited to hear what the number is. Care to make a prediction?

I have no idea what the print run is at all i have asked on facebook, and image site and nothing yet no idea we are all hoping low but never know. Branget gave right info for cgc to submit. I joined collectors society it was like $39 or something like that then u get discount for submitting online thing. I just saw on th cpg site, the tot copics pro edition prices nice. But probally inflatted some do to the two sales of the ones on ebay but price of cgc 9.8 has it at $448 and a 9.6 $288 nuff said

what kills me about submitting is the insurance/postage...the other fees are not bad. For a modern comic i don't see the reason to have a ton of insurance tacked on.

Any idea when we'll know what the print run is on ToT #1? I'm getting ready to send an order to CGC and I'd really like to know what the print run is on ToT before so I can make an educated decision about sending ToT. Thanks!

You got big stones sending in Thief of Thieves before you know what the print run is :applause: I'm scared that it sold like 30K copies. There is a shot that after The Infinite disaster that people didn't order it heavy. For example, after my pre-order my LCS had 3 copies. I'm really excited to hear what the number is. Care to make a prediction?

This is my thinking on this which doesnt mean much. I fill that the book was wrote to get pickedup for television. Get some of that tv money and thumb his nose at the big two. I like the it so far im not disapointed at all. Now i know from what i have saw in last year or so image 1s always seem to sellout then a month later find out the print run and twitters off no more hype. I think with the infinite experince that they will have a much smaller print run im thinking under 10,000 right around 7,645(guess). The reason for a smaller print run makes people seek out the issue 1 and create a craze same way with wd, and chew. And by doing this once or if a tv show comes out for tot then the new born fans will pay whatever for the issues. So all and all my perdiction is under 10,000 printrun?

This is my thinking on this which doesnt mean much. I fill that the book was wrote to get pickedup for television. Get some of that tv money and thumb his nose at the big two. I like the it so far im not disapointed at all. Now i know from what i have saw in last year or so image 1s always seem to sellout then a month later find out the print run and twitters off no more hype. I think with the infinite experince that they will have a much smaller print run im thinking under 10,000 right around 7,645(guess). The reason for a smaller print run makes people seek out the issue 1 and create a craze same way with wd, and chew. And by doing this once or if a tv show comes out for tot then the new born fans will pay whatever for the issues. So all and all my perdiction is under 10,000 printrun?

Since we are still guessing here I am going on what my LCS's ordered. They ordered very heavy so I am guessing at 25K I think its higher then Fatale. The nice thing is I liked the book and it has a built in fan base unlike Fatale which other then Criminal fans will have to gain an audience. This one is built in from WD althought it is a different type of read all together. He might not have much input, but putting his name on it carries some sales.