• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

did yours have any spine creases?

Not any of the 15 i bought had spine creases, I bought them through midtown, Now 90% of them have sharp corners, Now they do have chipping but no creases at all even the one i deemed a reader for me didnt have a crease id say thats a 9.6. Id say over all most move them are 9.6 maybe another 9.8 or two in the bunch. But when i sent these i had a felling one was forsure a 9.8 the other i was on the fence about. And the other 3 i was merly testign my gradeing skills and i was right on the money so im more happy with my gradeing skills improving more then anything.

I have a good idea it was thumbing towards the top. Ok so I have to be upfront here. I have been having my wife help me some with my hobby she hates comics but went to mesa comic con and she loved it. Now we had some issues at this show here handeling of comics not so good at all. May have cost me some grades on the books that i got signed at that show, but thats ok we had fun and it was memories.

So with these sub i sent in i gave her two that i thought were spot on i let her handle them look at them grade them. Knowing that she propbally would mess them up. No im not 100% forsure it was her doing but when i call and ask for the gradeing notes on the two that were 9.4 im sure might be a crease or thumbing that wasnt there when i handed them to her. Since this is my hobby she has willingly joined in and willing to learn some about it. So she will see how here handeling got graded and we will build and go from there. Who knows i could be totally wrong too.

But on the 9.8s both of them had the same smudge on the back like all the other ones so i think this had nothing to do with thos 9.4s at all

But on the 9.8s both of them had the same smudge on the back like all the other ones so i think this had nothing to do with thos 9.4s at all

That is good to know!

I've got a dozen and all of them have the same smudging.

So what do you think your 9.8's will fetch? Just trying to gauge if it's worth sending in some extras for ebay.

That is good to know!

I've got a dozen and all of them have the same smudging.

So what do you think your 9.8's will fetch? Just trying to gauge if it's worth sending in some extras for ebay.

I was kinda hoping to get right around $5 and a slap in the face. You know i have no idea at all. I read this issue a few times now today and after some thought i think its a good read not badly wrote art is good. So it depends all on the print run to be honest that will help determine the market.

I think on ebay i will get over $60 pretty fast but I dont think i can get a $100 out of it but i might try might aswell give it a shot. It would take some fancy wording on ebay to get a $100 out of a 9.8 i think especailly this fast. Now if i sell both of these and no more 9.8s show up for a long time after a lof of subs i will be kicking myself all over.

Now i have never been the one to determine the market ever. But i think i will put one the bay and see what happens when i get them. The thing i always see if one sell really high then that makes the market kinda skewed.

For instance the ToT variant that went up very fast and now we are starting to see the real value even though it is a nice chunck still. The market for the one is still tilted one way. Now if we find out that its a smaller print run on those then the market will stay good on those.

But i dont really think it will last very long on the bay well we will see. Anyone else on thoughts of what a 9.8 ToT will fetch chime in

9.8 ToT will probably get a bit over what it got unslabbed initially before it leveled off....i'd guess in the 150.00 to 175.00 range. Now a CGC/SS of that one would be something to see.

U are talking about the ToT variant right the comics pro one? I see that right around $150

What about a ToT first issue 9.8?

Im getting a Tot variant the image one from the image show where he is sitting down signed this week thanks to Joel modern fast track crossing fingers on that one forsure.

So here is the breakdown any guess for priceing on these assume all 9.8 then 9.8 ss just for funs sake.

ToT varinat comics pro ?

ToT standard #1 ?

ToT ICE one(sitting down one)?

yeah i was talking about the variant....if you get a regular edition on there before anyone else it could go upwards of $75 or so i would think, maybe a bit higher. It's all guesswork of course, if you're the only one on there with a 9.8 who knows.

i need to find me a ToT Comicspro & ICE version eventually..

9.8 ToT will probably get a bit over what it got unslabbed initially before it leveled off....i'd guess in the 150.00 to 175.00 range. Now a CGC/SS of that one would be something to see.

Is this for a standard issue or variant?

Yeah im not sure if im the only one we will findout when census gets updated the bay might have a few ice versions this weekend.

Prices from cpg on the comics pro variant

I know the prices are some what skewed

Raw Value Graded Value

10.0 (Gem Mint) $160.00 $3,200.00

9.9 (Mint) $144.00 $1,152.00

9.8 (Near Mint/Mint ) $112.00 $448.00

9.6 (Near Mint +) $96.00 $288.00

I forsure think your right on the ToT comics pro variant if it was cgc 9.8 signed could get alittle wild. I guess i will get mine ready for the emerald city con then thats worth a shot in the dark. Im going broke its addicting oh well.

Is Kirkman writing this? The way I understand it is that he came up with the story idea, discussed it with Nick Spencer, and Spencer is actually writing the scripts.

I looked at this at the shop and it says:

Story- Robert Kirkman

Written by- Nick Spencer