• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious, yet Simple, Forum Sales Etiquette Question...

130 posts in this topic

If only a few people are powerful enough to get FMV, is that really FMV?

I'm from the class of 2003 so I got tenure, seniority, old boy network status.

Too bad for the rest of you suckers! :acclaim:

Noob!

I think I know which book you are referring to. I had the same issue with a sales thread that had misinformation about items and prices 4 times or more the actual value. People here bought the stuff and as much as I wanted to say something in the thread I bit my tongue. Part of the responsiblity lies with the buyers to do research/ ask questions before they buy.

I think I know which book you are referring to. I had the same issue with a sales thread that had misinformation about items and prices 4 times or more the actual value. People here bought the stuff and as much as I wanted to say something in the thread I bit my touch. Part of the responsiblity lies with the buyers to do research/ ask questions before they buy.

Man, if it's between biting your "touch" and saying something, I think it's time to break etiquette. You don't want to do anything to ruin your chances of having children! :whatthe:

I think I know which book you are referring to. I had the same issue with a sales thread that had misinformation about items and prices 4 times or more the actual value. People here bought the stuff and as much as I wanted to say something in the thread I bit my touch. Part of the responsiblity lies with the buyers to do research/ ask questions before they buy.

Man, if it's between biting your "touch" and saying something, I think it's time to break etiquette. You don't want to do anything to ruin your chances of having children! :whatthe:

Damn qouted before I fixed it.

lol

:acclaim:

I think I know which book you are referring to. I had the same issue with a sales thread that had misinformation about items and prices 4 times or more the actual value. People here bought the stuff and as much as I wanted to say something in the thread I bit my tongue. Part of the responsiblity lies with the buyers to do research/ ask questions before they buy.
Misinformation? :popcorn:

So fair market value can only be determined by a past sale which has to be recorded by GPA?

Why not by seller/buyer agreement in which a book is offered and a book is purchased? I can tell you one thing, there are far more sales EACH DAY that take place in this manner, than books sold which are priced only if at or below the last GPA sale.

By your standard of reasoning, the only direction GPA could ever go is down.

Well some people sell here for a little less than GPA cause no listing or FV Fees and if the buyer pays buy check/MO there's no "cut" or "buyer premium". So if you sell at 10% off GPA here (check/MO) you are basicly selling at GPA on eBay/Paypal.

My late and lamented, or was it demented, grandad used to tell

me that it was better to be polite and keep my mouth shut, than

to open it up and have trash fall out, and prove to everyone how

big of a dumbbass I really am.

Misinformation? :popcorn:

To be honest I don't think the seller knew the true "history" of the items either

What happens when the potential threadkrapper thinks he knows more about the book being (supposedly) overpriced than he actually does? The very first sale I made on here was for an old Scrooge comic that was priced exactly at what I paid for it about a year earlier. The first 3 posts in my thread were kraps about my asking price. The next handful of posts were from people krapping on the threadkrappers for not knowing what they were talking about. I ultimately sold the Scrooge for exactly my ask price and the buyer, a knowledgeable fan, was very pleased. Seems if you are going to hammer someone's ask price you better know all the facts first.

What happens when the potential threadkrapper thinks he knows more about the book being (supposedly) overpriced than he actually does? The very first sale I made on here was for an old Scrooge comic that was priced exactly at what I paid for it about a year earlier. The first 3 posts in my thread were kraps about my asking price. The next handful of posts were from people krapping on the threadkrappers for not knowing what they were talking about. I ultimately sold the Scrooge for exactly my ask price and the buyer, a knowledgeable fan, was very pleased. Seems if you are going to hammer someone's ask price you better know all the facts first.

Well Sir, I will answer all your questions tomorrow...I am amazed how this community feels more strongly about how a seller is treated regardless of his FORUM transgressions than of my real concerns for the rest of you...why do I bother... ???

Well Sir, I will answer all your questions tomorrow...I am amazed how this community feels more strongly about how a seller is treated regardless of his FORUM transgressions than of my real concerns for the rest of you...why do I bother... ???

I'm don't know the specifics of your circumstance so I can only speculate on hypotheticals. I just know that my one experience with this was, to say the least, pretty wack, and the first threadkrapper eventually PMed me to apologize. It's a sticky situation.

Leave it alone. If it didn't sell, we, then the price was too high (at least for this forum on that day). If it did sell, well I guess someone doesn't think it is so high.

I'm positive I've overpaid for books on these forums a couple times. I blame myself for not researching more thoroughly or because I acted spontaneously. I don't blame the seller. But that's just my own feelings on the matter.

I'm don't know the specifics of your circumstance so I can only speculate on hypotheticals. I just know that my one experience with this was, to say the least, pretty wack, and the first threadkrapper eventually PMed me to apologize. It's a sticky situation.

Well, I'm not some lunatic. I've been on the boards for almost 10 years. I've seen a lot. I am absolutely and deeply involved in this situation. I will present nothing but FACTS tomorrow and then you can make up your own minds.

I find it hard to believe that I could try and support the Members of the board from getting skrewed and they would ignore my warnings. I guess things have changed :cry:

Please try to keep in mind that the tread in question has CLOSED .

Well, I'm not some lunatic. I've been on the boards for almost 10 years. I've seen a lot. I am absolutely and deeply involved in this situation. I will present nothing but FACTS tomorrow and then you can make up your own minds.

I find it hard to believe that I could try and support the Members of the board from getting skrewed and they would ignore my warnings. I guess things have changed :cry:

Please try to keep in mind that the tread in question has CLOSED .

(thumbs u

I'm still new here. Feeling my way around.

Is it considered acceptable behavior to post a pricing opinion comment in a Forum Only Sales thread once it's been closed by the OP??

How are you going to feel if the buyer sees what you've written and cancels the sale and "credits" you for giving him the reason to do it?

Pretty friggin great, actually...