• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter Panzerfaust

5,281 posts in this topic

Maybe the wheels just turn a bit slower over at the BBC. I'd rather have them take that long and slow approach than the fast to production crash and burn model NBC seems to enjoy. NBC = DEAD ON ARRIVAL for practically any comic based property.

Sure, but I can't be the only one that's found the absolute lack of news on either the TV show or motion comic slightly odd. It's been more than 2 years since the BBC Worldwide Productions press release and nary an official peep since then (well, apart from the motion comic trailer from, what, a year and a half ago?).

Sometimes the truth is a hard sell.

<-----------------(walks into a bathroom and turns the light off) Wiebe.....Wiebe.......Wiebe........

<-----------------(flicks the light back on hoping to see Wiebe appear with any new about the show).....

Someone get the wine. lol. But seriously I doubt that all the info he provided us with is not accurate so to the best of my hopes and knowledge everything was still being written by that one lady for the pilot. Hope He's doing well with the newborn and it's a nice healthy baby.

Nic

I was holding out for the ritual sacrifice but, looks like no one is that committed to summoning me to the forum.

Here's the thing, when I first started visiting this forum I was a single dude with far too much time on his hands and too much drink in them.

Now I've managed to become a dad and suddenly lying around on the sofa in my underpants drunkenly harassing people on forums at three in the afternoon... well, it ain't as doable as it once was.

That said, still no news on the TV show. I've read the pilot written by the Life on Mars (UK) creators, Ashley Pharoah and Matthew Graham. It's an interesting adaptation, equal parts similar and completely different.

Last I heard it was being shopped to a network. But it's been 5 months since then.

I did have a chance to have a phone call with the producer, Julie Gardner, who some of you might know as the woman who brought Doctor Who back. She has a pretty neat vision for the series and seems pretty passionate about it.

So, not a lot of news.

Someone was selling a 9.8 set of 1-20 on Ebay, and last night it ended at around $800.00.

Pretty sure that snuffs any and all heat this title once had. ($40 bucks a slab?!?!? Man...)

Still an amazing read, and I love it.

I just wish it wasn't ending...

Selling sets can be a crap-shoot... the seller probably would have made more if he sold them separately. My 2c

Kurtis, if you wanted a ritual sacrifice you should have just said so bro.

Next time I'm looking for you I'll dust off the virgins.

BTW: 5 months is NOTHING in the scope of television. It's just as I thought, no ball has been dropped.....the wheels just turn slowly.

As for you not having the time to schlep around the forums harassing us.....we get it.....BUT not for nothing you really should allocate some YOU time to do precisely that....

It's a recipe for a long and enduring marriage (especially with children).

I was holding out for the ritual sacrifice but, looks like no one is that committed to summoning me to the forum.

Here's the thing, when I first started visiting this forum I was a single dude with far too much time on his hands and too much drink in them.

Now I've managed to become a dad and suddenly lying around on the sofa in my underpants drunkenly harassing people on forums at three in the afternoon... well, it ain't as doable as it once was.

That said, still no news on the TV show. I've read the pilot written by the Life on Mars (UK) creators, Ashley Pharoah and Matthew Graham. It's an interesting adaptation, equal parts similar and completely different.

Last I heard it was being shopped to a network. But it's been 5 months since then.

I did have a chance to have a phone call with the producer, Julie Gardner, who some of you might know as the woman who brought Doctor Who back. She has a pretty neat vision for the series and seems pretty passionate about it.

So, not a lot of news.

Any news on what happened to the motion comic, Kurtis?

Someone was selling a 9.8 set of 1-20 on Ebay, and last night it ended at around $800.00.

Pretty sure that snuffs any and all heat this title once had. ($40 bucks a slab?!?!? Man...)

How about I got a message from the winning bidder asking to cancel the sale. Says he used a snipe program that messed up and only wanted to bid $470. I will take it as a sign. I do agree I would be better off to sell them individually.

How about I got a message from the winning bidder asking to cancel the sale. Says he used a snipe program that messed up and only wanted to bid $470. I will take it as a sign. I do agree I would be better off to sell them individually.

Oh wow!

Nice JD!

If you want to piece it out, I may be interested in the #2, depending on the price.

Still building my set, this might be the first one I try to complete 100 percent, since there is only 25 issues. Sad

What do you need?

Hit Mr. Drawer up, as he can hook you up!

I have quite a few dupes as well. They are all listed in my Registry Sets.

I make exceptions to my "do not sale" way of thinking for fellow Boardies looking to build Sets.

Oh wow!

Nice JD!

If you want to piece it out, I may be interested in the #2, depending on the price.

Panzerfaust Hoarder! :baiting:

lol

Cool that JD kept the books due to b.s. from the buyer. I def think he can get more than $800 if sold separately. The only downside is it'll take some time.