• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

This book should be less than $50 when the dust settles (and most likely $25 or so). It's not a key issue, so no reason for a huge premium.

I agree but you sound like me the last time this happened.

I was wrong.

I locked a 9.8 of it in, at a fair price (at least fair to me, haha).

I'm pumped.

And it could be a key issue one day... Maybe a new character is introduced.

Description

Saga returns! New planet, new adversaries, and a very new direction, all from the same old Hugo Award-winning team. RETAILER FRIENDS: Thanks to you, our audience keeps growing, as new readers continue to get caught up on trades before jumping to our monthly issues, so please make sure to order enough for your customers, old and new. And thanks again! -Brian & Fiona

Edited by vikingreed

This book should be less than $50 when the dust settles (and most likely $25 or so). It's not a key issue, so no reason for a huge premium.

I was wrong.

Well, that was the first issue, with the first appearance of pretty much every major character and a friggin' epic cover. This is number 19.

I agree that this should sit somewhere in the 25-50 range but I mean who knows these days. (shrug)

I grabbed two of them off eBay for $50 each for my collection. That's about as high as i'll go for a variant. I try not to buy any modern comic for more than I could buy a piece of OA as a general rule for myself. (I only collect raw*)

If they end up being worth $10 bucks, awesome, i'm glad everyone can grab one at a decent price. If they shot up to $100 or $150 I'd probably never buy one so I'm grabbing them now at a price i'm comfortable with.

I've seen people sell multiple copies on eBay so I don't think this was per store. It was per person at the show. So if some people had 5 people attending they appear to have received 5 copies. That's a little different than some of these comixology variants and things we've seen that have been sent directly to stores.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

You 9.8 guys will have your work cut out for you. :busy: Another jet black spine. Just about all of the copies I saw at Midtown had some degree of white ticks.

Also, here's a tip: there's an odd gray dot between the A and P of "C H A P T E R" to watch out for. It would be easy to miss if you're focused on spines and corners, but if you're as picky as I am it may bug you later. :D I noticed it on maybe 25% of the copies I looked through. I wonder if it might have been a mistake (a tiny bit of the non-black art peeking through in a high-profile spot) that they decided to fix on press.

I was wrong.

Well, that was the first issue, with the first appearance of pretty much every major character and a friggin' epic cover. This is number 19.

Hindsight. Gobble it up.

You 9.8 guys will have your work cut out for you. :busy: Another jet black spine. Just about all of the copies I saw at Midtown had some degree of white ticks.

Also, here's a tip: there's an odd gray dot between the A and P of "C H A P T E R" to watch out for. It would be easy to miss if you're focused on spines and corners, but if you're as picky as I am it may bug you later. :D I noticed it on maybe 25% of the copies I looked through. I wonder if it might have been a mistake (a tiny bit of the non-black art peeking through in a high-profile spot) that they decided to fix on press.

I heard the same--that conditions of this book were lackluster and it was going to be hard to hit a 9.8

I could be wrong (shrug)

Screw that. I am buying 2 if I can. You guys are crazy to think this will be a $25 to $50. Won't happen guys.

lol if Jimmy was able to cop one for $25, I hope I can do it as well!

:gossip: I think he was high when he bought that.

Issue 19 didn't disappoint! I read it during my lunch break and did a double, triple and quadruple take with the first page. I wasn't sure if i was looking at what I thought I was looking at and then...... yup, it's what I thought.

Mother Nature (Mother Unnatural in this case) is a beautiful thing.

lol

Screw that. I am buying 2 if I can. You guys are crazy to think this will be a $25 to $50. Won't happen guys.

A comic store employee just said they liked my cologne!

But yeah I don't think this book is acquirable under $80.

A comic store employee just said they liked my cologne!

But yeah I don't think this book is acquirable under $80.

AtCO1wA.jpg