• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Love Preacher. Should have mentioned it. Wish it would get made as a TV show although I know there is 0% chance that will ever happen because of the politics of religion, media, etc. Anyway, great book. I hope some day it ends up on HBO or Showtime (but I'll probably be dead before the political landscape will permit it and/or the book won't be edgy enough by then). lol

Crossed just left me shaking my head. :facepalm:

You won't want to read Dicks then!

Worse than The Boys & Crossed.

Maybe its my deviant sense of humour, but I enjoy all these titles :insane:

Edited by Bane

I started buying Crossed immediately following reading Preacher. So for those that assume Saga will rock because of YTLM. It may not be the case.

Crossed is horrible. Not just rubbish, but horrible too.

It appeals to a certain market.. i.e. me. lol

But then I watch rubbish like Maniac Cop, Cannibal Holocaust etc so its no surprise really.

I started buying Crossed immediately following reading Preacher. So for those that assume Saga will rock because of YTLM. It may not be the case.

Please don't say things like that ... my lord what if what you say is true? :fear: I think I might go crazy! :frustrated: All jokes aside, Saga has been awesome so far and I am pumped for tomorrow's issue. I have and will continue to expect big things from BKV.

Saga has been awesome so far, and BKV's track record is obviously encouraging... but it wouldn't be the first time that we saw a series with a promising first few issues that then fell off.

Like you though, I have high hopes. Been a while since I was as gripped by something straight off the bat.

I bought issue 1 on a whim after reading about it on here. Theoretically i should've hated it, it's just not my type of thing, I even disliked the cover and HATED the logo.

In the event, I absolutely loved it and devoured no2 as well. I actually like to have my views about stuff challenged and am fairly open to well put arguments, so it was great to like this book despite my pre conceived notions of what it would be like.

Having said that, I will probably drop it after no 3 and wait for the trade, purely because I am in the middle of thinning out my stuff for reasons of space. As soon as the trade comes out I will sell the floppies to buy something else.

I hope this one runs and runs though, it's got bags of potential and I intend to be along for the ride.

Edited by Whizzer

Just read issue 3, dang cliffhangers, can't wait for issue 4.

:censored: black cover

:censored::censored: black back cover

Cliffhanger spoilers, do not open if you haven't read part 3.

Clearly, it's Gwen Stacy that Marko is referring to. She's so dreamy.