• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Just when you thought the well was running dry...

...no less than 6 RRP's on the 'Bay. And I'm sure that's not the last 9.8 that will be popping up. Should be interesting to see where they settle.

FYI: two of the six Saga RRPs are in bad shape one has a tear and the other has 2 color breaking spine creases. I'm interested to see whether the CGC 9.8 will bring big money or not? It looks like there's a wide range of condition on the books that've been reported from buyers and sellers. I'd like to hear what the distribution looked like from a couple people who were there. The only person I talked to indicated that it was hard to find perfect copies, but CGC has absolutely treated the binary tear as a production error and at least graded one copy I've seen with significant "kindness". lol

FYI: two of the six Saga RRPs are in bad shape one has a tear and the other has 2 color breaking spine creases. I'm interested to see whether the CGC 9.8 will bring big money or not? It looks like there's a wide range of condition on the books that've been reported from buyers and sellers. I'd like to hear what the distribution looked like from a couple people who were there. The only person I talked to indicated that it was hard to find perfect copies, but CGC has absolutely treated the binary tear as a production error and at least graded one copy I've seen with significant "kindness". lol

Bindery tears don't keep books out of 9.8 unless they're something hideous that goes beyond the normal definition of the term. 9.9s are another story.

I'm not talking about that book, I'm replying to your posts above where you mention 9.8s and binary (bindery) tears. That book is just effed up.

Interview with Fiona Staples...

http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=2255

Thought this was interesting:

"I don’t know any more than anyone else does, I have no idea what’s going to happen to them in the end. I’ve asked Brian not to tell me any future plot details. I only read the -script I’m working on, I don’t read farther ahead than that. I like to get surprised along with everyone else."

Wonder if I would have that patience if I had the option.

Okay, whats the line on the first 9.8 RRP to go on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370619440515?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Currently going for $235 with five days left.

My guess is $469 as the final price.

Other guesses? I already have Branget's down for a $50 final price ($25 base value plus $25 CGC fee). ;)

Seth

Edited by sclemons

Okay, whats the line on the first 9.8 RRP to go on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370619440515?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Currently going for $235 with five days left.

My guess is $469 as the final price.

Other guesses? I already have Branget's down for a $50 final price ($25 base value plus $25 CGC fee). ;)

Seth

$345.00