• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

It is much more than 5.

So what is it?

See one example above. :)

That's not an Image book though.

lol

I missed that part. You got me. Of course Chew had 4 printings including 2 3rd printings so 5 overall. ;)

It is much more than 5.

So what is it?

lol

I missed that part. You got me. Of course Chew had 4 printings including 2 3rd printings so 5 overall. ;)

(:

Did Fatale #1 get five? Or only 4?

I'm surprised that no recent WD issue has gone through multiple prints - to my non-expert eye it seems like there's a lot more interest now. It's surprising that Image has managed to gauge their print runs so well when they seem to have failed to do so on so many new reveries (Fatale, Manhattan Projects, Saga, Secret, Hell Yeah and many other recent titles have had more than one)

It is much more than 5.

So what is it?

lol

(:

Did Fatale #1 get five? Or only 4?

I'm surprised that no recent WD issue has gone through multiple prints - to my non-expert eye it seems like there's a lot more interest now. It's surprising that Image has managed to gauge their print runs so well when they seem to have failed to do so on so many new reveries (Fatale, Manhattan Projects, Saga, Secret, Hell Yeah and many other recent titles have had more than one)

The interest in WD you're seeing hasn't translated much into new comic book sales, though. If you look at WD's monthly sales, they've been been on a very slight upward curve for a while now - the last couple of months have seen a larger increase, but nothing that would come anywhere near warranting a reprint.

Where the sales have shot through the roof, however, are with the trade paperbacks - WD vol 1 sold 5,880 copies in March and then jumped to 12,323 copies in April. Wow.

Looks like Saga 1 is going to exceed the 70k mark. A fifth printing is underway now to be on the shelves June 13.

Anyone know the record for the most printings of an Image comic book?

I thought it was the 4th printing due out on June 13th. 4th isn't out yet, is it?

All I can say is that the RRP looks rarer and rarer every time issue 1 goes back to press.

Why, are they making the later printings out of pulped RRPs?

I thought it was the 4th printing due out on June 13th. 4th isn't out yet, is it?

The fourth printing came out last Thursday, 5/24, but was sold out before they even arrived.

All I can say is that the RRP looks rarer and rarer every time issue 1 goes back to press.

Why, are they making the later printings out of pulped RRPs?

lol

Now that was funny. (thumbs u

Are the bottom left corner dings on all the books and/or considered production flaws like the binary tear in the upper right hand corner? This is the second 9.8 I've seen which has both. I assumed that the binary tear would be treated as a production problem, but did not imagine that the white bottom left corner would still get 9.8 treatment. Anyone else have any thoughts about these issues.