• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

a) it looks kind of cute

I went ahead and drew the same marks on mine. I love wacky value-adding comic tattoos.

First prototype Spidey webbing.

:insane:

Here's one I was tracking that totally obliterated GPA. Last sale for a 9.0 was less than $900. This one went for $1,477.

RAD787B920111221_11235.jpg

1. How the hell did that get an 8.5 with all that horrible writing in the "Weird"? :screwy:

2. Why the hell would someone pay a GPA multiple for it? :screwy::screwy:

Bought my 8.0 from Jim Payette for about 10% of that.

Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. :eek:

Definitely an oversight there from CGC.

Pretty ridiculous, all around.

This copy was shopped around a good bit last year, I thought I saw it posted here(?) and I can't remember if it was raw (I think it was), but obviously it's a memorable copy. Looks like it was graded in November, the graders had to have missed the writing. doh!

Paid a lot for this one, but really wanted it. I was also underbidder on the Tec 153...

I was watching the #153 and was somewhat surprised to see it get nearly a Mile High type multiplier of guide. Highest graded copies of 50's Tecs always draw some really strong action.

3/6/2012 11:12:00 PM ET Auction End

3/6/2012 11:11:57 PM ET $4,361

3/6/2012 11:11:54 PM ET $4,261

3/6/2012 11:11:54 PM ET $2,955

3/6/2012 11:11:53 PM ET $2,150

RADC4A5F2012215_91516.jpg

Highest graded, cool cover with a black back ground. Even I threw in a bid on this.

Did someone play baseball with the case?

Here's one I was tracking that totally obliterated GPA. Last sale for a 9.0 was less than $900. This one went for $1,477.

RAD787B920111221_11235.jpg

1. How the hell did that get an 8.5 with all that horrible writing in the "Weird"? :screwy:

2. Why the hell would someone pay a GPA multiple for it? :screwy::screwy:

Bought my 8.0 from Jim Payette for about 10% of that.

Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. :eek:

Definitely an oversight there from CGC.

Pretty ridiculous, all around.

This copy was shopped around a good bit last year, I thought I saw it posted here(?) and I can't remember if it was raw (I think it was), but obviously it's a memorable copy. Looks like it was graded in November, the graders had to have missed the writing. doh!

I missed the drawing on the cover, too. Regardless, the price was what caught me off guard. I've been picking up some pre-code horror over the last year or so and the last few months have seen a marked increase in auction prices for these books. I bought the Blue Bolt Ghostly Weird Tales CGC 9.6 for $1750 or so last October and now a fairly ugly 8.5 from the same series goes for nearly the same price.

I missed the drawing on the cover, too. Regardless, the price was what caught me off guard. I've been picking up some pre-code horror over the last year or so and the last few months have seen a marked increase in auction prices for these books. I bought the Blue Bolt Ghostly Weird Tales CGC 9.6 for $1750 or so last October and now a fairly ugly 8.5 from the same series goes for nearly the same price.

That's cause people flaunt their board purchases and then everyone gets excited about them and starts buying too.

Trend setter.

:baiting:

Paid a lot for this one, but really wanted it. I was also underbidder on the Tec 153...

I was watching the #153 and was somewhat surprised to see it get nearly a Mile High type multiplier of guide. Highest graded copies of 50's Tecs always draw some really strong action.

3/6/2012 11:12:00 PM ET Auction End

3/6/2012 11:11:57 PM ET $4,361

3/6/2012 11:11:54 PM ET $4,261

3/6/2012 11:11:54 PM ET $2,955

3/6/2012 11:11:53 PM ET $2,150

RADC4A5F2012215_91516.jpg

Highest graded, cool cover with a black back ground. Even I threw in a bid on this.

Did someone play baseball with the case?

Its amazing the book wasn't damaged. Looks like they use it as a door stopper.

That's cause people flaunt their board purchases and then everyone gets excited about them and starts buying too.

Trend setter.

:baiting:

I've wondered if it was that or folks fishing to see how much more they could get for the book.

Weak prices on the other hand for the Avengers 4s in 9.4 and 9.6 however. The 9.6 went for 40% below GPA.

To be fair, the 9.4 had COW pages so it wasn't a bad price at all for the 9.4 and the 9.6 didn't meet reserve.

The 9.6 was a no reserve auction.

The auction has (Reserve Not Met) next to the last bid price.

(shrug)

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=921023

Wonder what the guy who dropped 91k on his copy must be thinking right now... hm

Now here is a bidding war on the FF 52 CGC 9.6 that just ended. Price jumped from $5K to above $10K at the last second, shattering GPA....

Link....

Oh my stars and garters. That's a wow.

Timing and two gung-ho bidders makes for one happy consignor.

Now here is a bidding war on the FF 52 CGC 9.6 that just ended. Price jumped from $5K to above $10K at the last second, shattering GPA....

Link....

Oh my stars and garters. That's a wow.

Timing and two gung-ho bidders makes for one happy consignor.

Indeed.

I lost my focus on this auction.

Everything I've been after has gone for above FMV prices.... :cry:

I'm sorry.

I went shopping for new glad rags today :foryou: