• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

I missed the drawing on the cover, too. Regardless, the price was what caught me off guard. I've been picking up some pre-code horror over the last year or so and the last few months have seen a marked increase in auction prices for these books. I bought the Blue Bolt Ghostly Weird Tales CGC 9.6 for $1750 or so last October and now a fairly ugly 8.5 from the same series goes for nearly the same price.

That's cause people flaunt their board purchases and then everyone gets excited about them and starts buying too.

Trend setter.

:baiting:

I've wondered if it was that or folks fishing to see how much more they could get for the book.

I think as collectors see stuff that people are going after they begin to gain an appreciation for them as well.

It's happened several times on here, where a book or a series "catches on" and becomes popular out there.

Maybe it's Mitch?

This was an exxtremely attractive FF # 1 CGC 7.0 that went for a relatively good price.

I was busy otherwise I'd have thrown in a strong bid.

I haven't seen one that nice in that grade in a long time.

I lost my focus on this auction.

Everything I've been after has gone for above FMV prices.... :cry:

I'm sorry.

I went shopping for new glad rags today :foryou:

And handbags too, I hope. ;)

Of course. To match my strappy shoes.

mmmmmm strappy shoes.

I lost my focus on this auction.

Everything I've been after has gone for above FMV prices.... :cry:

I'm sorry.

I went shopping for new glad rags today :foryou:

And handbags too, I hope. ;)

Of course. To match my strappy shoes.

mmmmmm strappy shoes.

I was referring to the decidedly non-metrosexual song.... :cool:

Wow, the 9.6 Hulk #181 just went for over 6k. I called for notes today and it had soiling on the back cover and whatever "thinning of the top of the back cover" means. Guessing someone bought it for upgrade potential and I'm not sure they're going to be happy.

Speaking of covers, I just took a careful look at the Silver Age Sub-Mariner 3. The giant menacing plant face is really phenomenal. It pulls together the entire cover. At 9.8 the book is top tier and currently at less than half the last GPA sale. Think the price will stay down there, or have last second bidding?

Crazy prices on all the pre-code and post-code Journey Into Mysterys, especially # 1.

That is an awesome book. But $6700+ is kind of a shocking price. OTOH, the #2 was pretty reasonable.

Crazy prices on all the pre-code and post-code Journey Into Mysterys, especially # 1.

That is an awesome book. But $6700+ is kind of a shocking price. OTOH, the #2 was pretty reasonable.

I thought the price on the #1 was more than a little nutty myself...

Somebody really wanted that book.