• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are the Rarest Centaur Books?
2 2

160 posts in this topic

I'm with you Joe (and Jon)... FP 4/1 is one of my top Centaurs!

This copy is from the estate of artist Claire Moe ('The Circus and Sue'):

100_0931.jpg

one of my nicest Larsons....

Beautiful book, Jon. :applause:

Do you have #36 and #40 in similar shape?

123454.jpg.eceaa0be6fe6fb72ff170811a0775269.jpg

123455.jpg.06f82ab14f45948970af81cd4bf128d8.jpg

One of the rarest issues in the run, IMHO:

FP40.jpg

I agree, I believe this to be the rarest of the run, and one of the rarer Centaurs. One of my favorite covers - the variety of colors on this issue is crazy!

Also, a surprisingly bloody and creepy cover - blood on the swords & spikes, plus the shadowy faces in the doorway.

After these posts, it'll seem like this issue is downright common - at least among us old time Centaur collectors!

FunnyPages40fc.jpg

FP40.jpg

I agree, I believe this to be the rarest of the run, and one of the rarer Centaurs. One of my favorite covers - the variety of colors on this issue is crazy!

Also, a surprisingly bloody and creepy cover - blood on the swords & spikes, plus the shadowy faces in the doorway.

After these posts, it'll seem like this issue is downright common - at least among us old time Centaur collectors!

FunnyPages40fc.jpg

I collect "women in peril" covers as a type set rather than any given publisher, but if anyone has a spare copy of this one for sale I'm your geek!

Edited by alanna

FunnyPages40fc.jpg

Amazing!!! Pinnacle Hill, Jeff?

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(Sacentaur's ain't bad either!)

when I put my FP run together, I found 41 (cage? cover) to be the toughest, but I am sure it goes in cycles (thumbs u

I completely agree about the cycles. At one time Comic Pages seemed very common, now you don't see them at all. I think it does vary by time, location, contacts, and individual, esp. with titles like FPs, where there's more than one uncommon book.

Over the yrs for me, #40 was the one I never saw. Have seen more #41s, but since I bought both #40 and #41 at the same time (2 of the last 4 I needed), you have a good point!

FunnyPages41fc.jpg

Amazing!!! Pinnacle Hill, Jeff?

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(Sacentaur's ain't bad either!)

Ryan, you are correct! I really like this issue - crazy colorful cvr and pretty rare. Both Jon and Steve have great copies - and they've had theirs much longer!

when I put my FP run together, I found 41 (cage? cover) to be the toughest, but I am sure it goes in cycles (thumbs u

I completely agree about the cycles. At one time Comic Pages seemed very common, now you don't see them at all. I think it does vary by time, location, contacts, and individual, esp. with titles like FPs, where there's more than one uncommon book.

Over the yrs for me, #40 was the one I never saw. Have seen more #41s, but since I bought both #40 and #41 at the same time (2 of the last 4 I needed), you have a good point!

FunnyPages41fc.jpg

Nice copy Jeff... :headbang:

One of the interesting things about this cover is that Gustavson drew the hand of the lion trainer (the one behind his back) upside down. I always thought that was interesting. lol

Tough black cover too. Congrats!!!

Nice copy Jeff... :headbang:

One of the interesting things about this cover is that Gustavson drew the hand of the lion trainer (the one behind his back) upside down. I always thought that was interesting. lol

Tough black cover too. Congrats!!!

Thanks Joe. Yes, the loin trainer on that cover always stuck me as odd. Lucky to have a nice copy - or any copy at all!

The Funny Pages 41 is tough, but not quite as rare as the FP 40 IMHO (both are harder to find than the FP 42, which the Guide designates as "scarce").

Over the decades, I've never had a duplicate copy of FP 40 and only one duplicate copy of FP 41 (which I moved to Gator a few years ago).

This also is a Claire Moe copy:

FP41.jpg