• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are the Rarest Centaur Books?
2 2

160 posts in this topic

...interesting, a thread about books that you can't have even if you HAVE the money.....now that's challenging. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...interesting, a thread about books that you can't have even if you HAVE the money.....now that's challenging. GOD BLESS...

....and that is one reason I think Centaurs are underpriced.....tough to collect what you cannot find.....jb

....and that is one reason I think Centaurs are underpriced.....tough to collect what you cannot find.....jb

.....sooner or later, the right one will pop up, and I'll have a Centaur representative in my collection. I've come close a few times... but PQ was an issue. GOD BLESS....

Reposted first showing of the Arrow pretty rare Funny Pages v2 #10

funnyv2.jpg

Repost that beauty as often as you want, jack.

The 1st Arrow story inside is somewhat crude (I swear that it looks like Burgos gave Gustavson a helping hand), but it is compelling nonetheless due to its raw power.

That's a great copy of a special book you have there, sir.

Great FP Jack!!

I'm not much for the "funny" Centaur covers, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of those FUNNY PAGES with the early Arrow stories!

I had the Arrow story from the issue Comicjack posted handy, here it is below. As Steve says, it does look like Burgos is landing a hand to Gustavson... the work looks so different than Gustavson's art a year later. Great golden age material!!

Enjoy!

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Another great piece Ryan ,there is someting special about this time period and the Arrow was part of it even if he wasn't as big as Superman or Batman.Thanks !

For those of you who collect Centaurs, this guy on ebay just posted some really nice looking ones.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Golden-Age-193855-/66/i.html?item=130755202823&pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e719e0f07&_ssn=bobparbs

Interesting. He has a lot of mid to low grade GA books. Check out the Black Hood 11. That is some cover "chip." :D

For those of you who collect Centaurs, this guy on ebay just posted some really nice looking ones.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Golden-Age-193855-/66/i.html?item=130755202823&pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e719e0f07&_ssn=bobparbs

Well, with those rather agressive BIN prices for raw books that appears to be bordering on the low-grade side, it almost makes the Heritage prices look like a bargin. Especially for the Keen Comics with a BIN price of $2,500. :o

Good to see that he has 100% feedback and good to hear that he is willing to accept offers. (thumbs u