• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are the Rarest Centaur Books?
2 2

160 posts in this topic

Probably a Top Ten rare?

I've never seen one in person...

Once upon a time I would've called it possibly the rarest Centaur, based on the fact that Jon Berk said it to be true. But since then I've seen four copies for sale, including this one, plus the one Jon owns, plus a copy in a bound volume, which is more than I can say for a dozen other Centaurs that virtually seem not to exist. So I'm saying "top 15 rare".

Which, for Centaurs, is still pretty much impossible.

Hi Win;

Any chance you can repost your Windex indices for the various Centaur titles? :wishluck:

If not, maybe somebody with good search skills can post a link to the thread from a few years ago that had the Windex indicies for most of the Centaur titles. (thumbs u

I love the hopes stamp. Very neatly placed. I hope centaurman doesn't need this :wishluck:

I don't need it and am sitting this bidding out. My copy is a restored 1.0 (amateur), brutal technical condition but reasonably presentable, so I'm not going to go nuts paying for the upgrade.

I consider this one of the true toughest Centaurs, harder than the Keen Komics #1.

Probably a Top Ten rare?

Once upon a time I would've called it possibly the rarest Centaur, based on the fact that Jon Berk said it to be true. But since then I've seen four copies for sale, including this one, plus the one Jon owns, plus a copy in a bound volume, which is more than I can say for a dozen other Centaurs that virtually seem not to exist. So I'm saying "top 15 rare".

Hi Win;

Any chance you can repost your Windex indices for the various Centaur titles? :wishluck:

If not, maybe somebody with good search skills can post a link to the thread from a few years ago that had the Windex indicies for most of the Centaur titles. (thumbs u

These are the ones I have bookmarked:

Funny Pages Windex

KDF Windex (Scroll down to find it)

So, did anyone from the boards land the AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES #4 (famous gun to the crotch cover) on Heritage last night ?

Its been on my want list for years, but there was no way I could go that high on the book. Looks like my chances of completing my AMF run just got a little tougher!

I find it interesting the book came from Canada (as the store stamp indicates), when Centaurs were supposedly very badly distributed... I'm surprised this early Centaur made it across the border!

(Or maybe Canada is considered bad distribution?)

So, did anyone from the boards land the AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES #4 (famous gun to the crotch cover) on Heritage last night ?

Its been on my want list for years, but there was no way I could go that high on the book. Looks like my chances of completing my AMF run just got a little tougher!

I find it interesting the book came from Canada (as the store stamp indicates), when Centaurs were supposedly very badly distributed... I'm surprised this early Centaur made it across the border!

Altough I only have a couple of Church copies here is one.....jb

129591.jpg.979f1a52ced6a296a8e6e3691ae18834.jpg

Overstreet 6.0 = $321

HA auction close for a 5.5 copy = $2,868

If only Centaurs were available at Overstreet prices!

Probably a Top Ten rare?

For many yrs, I had Keen Komics v2#1 as the rarest Centaur, but I've seen a few copies for sale over the last few yrs (all of which I've managed to not acquire :frustrated:).

It's still in my personal rare top ten, but it's very possble it's outside the top ten. I've changed my mind many times on what's rare with this line of comics!

For any other publisher this size, this would be by far the rarest issue!

The stamp could have been placed second hand. Like all the Bonnett's & Jordan's books.

The stamp could have been placed second hand. Like all the Bonnett's & Jordan's books.

Very true, good point.

If you are only going to have a few of Edgar's "Centaur" books, AMF #4 is certainly one of the ones to have! Beautiful copy and about as rare as they get! (worship)

Edited by PreHero

If you are only going to have a few of Edgar's books, AMF #4 is certainly one of the ones to have! Beautiful copy and about as rare as they get! (worship)

I meant (but did not say it correctly) a few Church books of Centaur titles....I have some Fox books and others under the bed.....jb

If you are only going to have a few of Edgar's books, AMF #4 is certainly one of the ones to have! Beautiful copy and about as rare as they get! (worship)

I meant (but did not say it correctly) a few Church books of Centaur titles....I have some Fox books and others under the bed.....jb

Your post was clear, my response was not (now edited).

Here's another tough Centaur family book - published by Comics Magazine and from Edgar's collection.

WesternPictureStories2fc.jpg

Edited by PreHero

On 6/23/2012 at 5:36 PM, jbcomicbox said:

....and that is one reason I think Centaurs are underpriced.....tough to collect what you cannot find.....jb

Worth noting

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Worth noting

I still remember JB posting that and words to live by when collecting those books,underpriced not so much anymore :D

19 minutes ago, comicjack said:

I still remember JB posting that and words to live by when collecting those books,underpriced not so much anymore :D

After his auction I suspect underpriced term won't be used again