• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are the Rarest Centaur Books?
2 2

160 posts in this topic

All the Centaurs were sold by this morning! Anyone on the boards pick up these up? [/quote :blush:]

hm , guess we'll never know. I just get the feeling I'm missing something............................................. :eyeroll:

Edited by PreHero

For those of you who collect Centaurs, this guy on ebay just posted some really nice looking ones.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Golden-Age-193855-/66/i.html?item=130755202823&pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e719e0f07&_ssn=bobparbs

Well, with those rather agressive BIN prices for raw books that appears to be bordering on the low-grade side, it almost makes the Heritage prices look like a bargin. Especially for the Keen Comics with a BIN price of $2,500. :o

That Keen Comics is crazy rare, definitely one of the 15 toughest Centaurs. But to find it in that condition? Unheard of. It's a large oversize book and is usually totally beat up. I think it sold for a fair price.

I’m tracking this to remind myself I have yet to send something Centaur-related to sacentaur (which I promised) … :)

I figured it was being delivered by gondola...

Sorry… :blush:

(You may not believe it, but actually Modena had canals, and was connected to Venice in the middle ages).

For those of you who collect Centaurs, this guy on ebay just posted some really nice looking ones.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Golden-Age-193855-/66/i.html?item=130755202823&pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e719e0f07&_ssn=bobparbs

Well, with those rather agressive BIN prices for raw books that appears to be bordering on the low-grade side, it almost makes the Heritage prices look like a bargin. Especially for the Keen Comics with a BIN price of $2,500. :o

That Keen Comics is crazy rare, definitely one of the 15 toughest Centaurs. But to find it in that condition? Unheard of. It's a large oversize book and is usually totally beat up. I think it sold for a fair price.

I was successful in getting the books, in a group deal, here is a better scan of the Keen, very clean book, even with the spine split,

08-28-2012024353PM.jpg

I was successful in getting the books, in a group deal, here is a better scan of the Keen, very clean book, even with the spine split,

08-28-2012024353PM.jpg

Gosh, that book presents a lot nicer than his written description of it on eBay.

Never realize it was an oversize book as these are a lot tougher to find in nice shape. Congrats on stepping up to the plate and picking up the entire group. (thumbs u

BTW: Have you given any thought to folding that bottom right corner back out or is that consider to be pressing. lol

Probably a Top Ten rare?

I've never seen one in person...

Once upon a time I would've called it possibly the rarest Centaur, based on the fact that Jon Berk said it to be true. But since then I've seen four copies for sale, including this one, plus the one Jon owns, plus a copy in a bound volume, which is more than I can say for a dozen other Centaurs that virtually seem not to exist. So I'm saying "top 15 rare".

Which, for Centaurs, is still pretty much impossible.

I'm sure you guys are all over this already but Heritage has a handful of rare one's up for auction as we speak. Only graded copy of this one:

amf3.jpg

Apparently, originally sold in Canada. hm