• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are the Rarest Centaur Books?
2 2

160 posts in this topic

For 'Amazing Mystery Funnies', I'd probably have to go with Vol. 1#4 (Everett gun in the crotch cover).

I've seen more Vol 1#2's of late, and while the 2#4 (Sandhog cover - I used to own the Church copy) is really tough, I don't think either beats out the 1#4.

I will back this up ... I've been trying to complete my AMF run, and the 1/4 is a beeyotch. Only seen one on ebay, and I backed down so Win could snag it (he would have blown my bid out of the water anyways!). That copy was probably a fair, with brittle pages. It will likely be the last AMF I need... down to about five issues.

The AMF 2/1 is also tough, but not as impossible in my mind.

I can't chime in on any Centaurs beyond AMF, Funny Pages (hero/serious covers only), Keen Detective Funnies or Amazing Man. I've kept my focus on the hero/serious issues of those books. If I went for the "funny" covers, I'd be broke!

Toughest Funny Pages I own must be the December 1939 issue (vol3/#10) , with the Burgos cover. Meaning to get this pressed out some day... its got great pages...

10001.jpg

I know the KDF 20 is not a super-rare book, but it does seem to be rare in high grade. Funny how some issues are like that... unless, there are minty raw copies tucked away in private collections we don't know about.

KDF20churchmedres-1.jpg

Anyone have the Windex chart to Star Comics handy? I wonder where this one would fall in scarcity. The only Centaur I currently own, never seen another decent copy available.

3-27-08002.jpg

Not sure there was a Windex for Star Comics, but I'd sure like to see one!

I used to own a copy of that Star Comics, but that was in a galaxy far, far away...

Anyone have the Windex chart to Star Comics handy? I wonder where this one would fall in scarcity. The only Centaur I currently own, never seen another decent copy available.

3-27-08002.jpg

I wonder about my new acquisition. Only graded copy...

starcomics12.jpg

starcomics12.jpg

Very cool book, Jeff - I know of only 4 others (mine just recently purchased, and three other Boardies), so your B.W. makes 5.

Those Star Comics can be very tough...

starcomics12.jpg

Very cool book, Jeff - I know of only 4 others (mine just recently purchased, and three other Boardies), so your B.W. makes 5.

I have a raw copy of this book. :cool:

3-27-08002.jpg

Thanks for posting this as it's always nice to see copies of these HTF books! (thumbs u

BTW: Your copy looks very sharp and clean for a 6.0 grade. Any reason why it would be graded so low by the boys at CGC? :cloud9:

This is suppose to be the hardest to find of the 3 but this is the one I got first.

#1 which is suppose to be the easiest to find is the only one I don't have.

Arrow3001.jpg

one of my fav. centaurs...it is the hardest of the 3 arrows, but not "that" hard relatively speaking... but way awesome book!

This is suppose to be the hardest to find of the 3 but this is the one I got first.

Arrow3001.jpg

Great Gustavson cover... he is really underrated.

Does this book have Gustavson interiors as well? Do these Arrow books reprint Funny Pages stories, or are they all new material?

Arrow3001.jpg

Does this book have Gustavson interiors as well? Do these Arrow books reprint Funny Pages stories, or are they all new material?

I think there is a gustavson story, as well as a T Mills if I recall (though, as parker is quick to point out, my mental faculties are fading of late lol )

Arrow3001.jpg

I think there is a gustavson story, as well as a T Mills if I recall (though, as parker is quick to point out, my mental faculties are fading of late lol )

It's just Alzheimers - best to just forget about it.

3-27-08002.jpg

Not sure there was a Windex for Star Comics, but I'd sure like to see one!

I don't believe there was a Windex for the Star run. :(

I am quite sure that there was a Windex for the Amazing-Man and AMF runs. So, it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could repost it here. (thumbs u

Was there ever a Windex done up for the FPS or Star Ranger comics? ???

starcomics12.jpg

I have a raw copy of this book. :cool:

Haven't been here in a couple of days...nice books!!!

Great book one and all... (thumbs u

And I do not have a copy.... :cry: