• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The problem with Comic Book Men...

92 posts in this topic

is that they spend too much time random BS that has zero do to with comics instead of doing what the show should be doing: focusing on comics!

Case in point: I got suckered into watching tonight's episode b/c of the short clip of the guy bringing in the All Star 8. Not only did he have that book, he had a Tec 38, WF 1 and several early Sups (11, 13 and 14 I believe). Sadly those were the only books they "showcased" and it was in the last 4 minutes of the show.

My point is...if the producers or ANYONE related to the production of this show is reading this------> YOU HAD A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE REAL COMICS, VALUABLE AND IMPORTANT COMICS AND YOU FLAT OUT BLEW IT!

If they had spent 30 minutes talking about these books...the should tonight would have been awesome....but instead, they did the dumbest thing and spend more time working on a commercial than on a truly historic treasure!!!

AMC: GET YOUR FREAKIN ACT TOGETHER AND FILL THE SLOT AFTER WALKING DEAD WITH SOMETHING WORTH A DAMN!!!

At least they didn't buy the comics for like $500 and then retire like a lot of LCS owners might do

The camera in their face might have prevented that, although their complete ineptitude regarding any comic values before 1967 might have more to do with it.

I don't know any dealer that would not at least take a shot at getting those books.

How, HOW did they let him walk out of there without Mylars and Fullbacks? Do they even carry Mylars?

The show shouldn't be in a small NJ town and have it based in NYC, maybe in Metro. There would be so much more interest, at least by me, to see the stuff tat comes in and the story behind them. Maybe even Heritage would have a more interesting plot line.

The show shouldn't be in a small NJ town and have it based in NYC, maybe in Metro.

I would love to see a comparison of which staff is more likeable between the two. hm

sounds like I need to open a comic book store in Jersey. In 3 weeks they have had a Tec 35, a Batmobile the owner will let me drive and a super golden age collection walk in the door.

Those situations were set up for the show. The owner had no intention of selling...purely for entertainment. :gossip:

This is what Pawn Stars would be like if Chum Lee were given full reign of the store. It's a little unsettling they didn't even offer to consign those books but took in those SA Marvels on consignment.

^^

is that they spend too much time random BS that has zero do to with comics instead of doing what the show should be doing: focusing on comics!

Case in point: I got suckered into watching tonight's episode b/c of the short clip of the guy bringing in the All Star 8. Not only did he have that book, he had a Tec 38, WF 1 and several early Sups (11, 13 and 14 I believe). Sadly those were the only books they "showcased" and it was in the last 4 minutes of the show.

My point is...if the producers or ANYONE related to the production of this show is reading this------> YOU HAD A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE REAL COMICS, VALUABLE AND IMPORTANT COMICS AND YOU FLAT OUT BLEW IT!

If they had spent 30 minutes talking about these books...the should tonight would have been awesome....but instead, they did the dumbest thing and spend more time working on a commercial than on a truly historic treasure!!!

AMC: GET YOUR FREAKIN ACT TOGETHER AND FILL THE SLOT AFTER WALKING DEAD WITH SOMETHING WORTH A DAMN!!!

Let me correct your subject title:

"The problemS with Comic Book Men..."

Let me correct your subject title:

"The problemS with Comic Book Men..."

+1

However episodes 2 and 3 were better than the premiere.

Stop watching the show! Stop hoping the formula will change or something mind blowing is going to appear, or that the people on the show will cease to be douch bags. It's not going to change but if you keep watching they will order new episodes. I saw about 2 minutes of one episode and just seeing what a DB Kevin Smith looked like in his hockey jersey was enough for me not to waste anymore time on it. Apparently he wears the same jersey in all episodes as he always looks hensame in the commercials...but I am not dumb enough to waste my time watching an actual episode to find out.

I get annoyed listening to a-holes in my local comic shop.

Why anyone would think I'd want to watch that nonsense on TV is beyond me.

Not sure it'd have much of market, but I'd love to see a show where collectors showcase some of their best books, talk about the history and importance of it, how they acquired it, etc.

I get annoyed listening to a-holes in my local comic shop.

Why anyone would think I'd want to watch that nonsense on TV is beyond me.

Not sure it'd have much of market, but I'd love to see a show where collectors showcase some of their best books, talk about the history and importance of it, how they acquired it, etc.

Sounds like a good idea but Dooshery sells these days. This show isn't much different than every other show on the current lineup of every channel on TV.