• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

You guys are making me jealous with that OA. I've seen the stuff on Cadence and thought about buying a few pieces, but my money's wrapped up in other prints right now. Dropped a load on some Tyler Stout stuff. I've also commissioned a few pieces from Pitarra, so I'll probably buy some MP art once all that calms down.

Ryan's pages are up on Cadence.

He's done an admirable job, and they are very much in Nick's style, though a little less refined (both compositionally and detail) IMO.

PS: Don't look if you don't want the issue spoiled -- looks insane (and great) though as far as the story goes.

I love MP.

Read #10 last night. It was what I imagine an psychopathic acid trip would be. The last three issues have just been awesome IMHO.

R

+1. Especially partial to #8 and #9...totally badass. I had low expectations for #10-- a one-off with a fill-in artist-- but it was up to the usual high standards. I'm impressed with Ryan Browne (the fill-in artist). I'm not a big BEDLAM guy, but that book could have done a lot worse with a replacement for Rossmo.

Just finished reading the first 10 issues.

Quite possibly the greatest comic book ever written. Freed from the obvious constraints of writing some of Marvel's top titles Jonathan Hickman has finally allowed his writing talent to flourish beyond the boundaries that constrain most of his contemporaries (BKV take note) and produce a piece of fiction that is a joy to read.

Took me a few issues to get used to the art but this is one of those very rare comic books that you could gave to none comic book people to read.