• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

I just had an epiphany about the covers for 10 and 15...

There are more blue dots on the cover to 15. I think the blue Oppenheimer's will turn the tide in the war in Oppenheimer's head.

Interesting. Love this book. And let me say, Nick is a cool dude.

There are more blue dots on the cover to 15. I think the blue Oppenheimer's will turn the tide in the war in Oppenheimer's head.

An epiphany? More like the only obvious conclusion, surely...! Especially since the date range on #10 is 1950-1959 and on #15 its 1960-1969...

The subtitle on both is "Finite Oppenheimers", which also points in that direction, and refers back to issue #1, which was subtitled "Infinite Oppenheimers"

:makepoint:

An epiphany? More like the only obvious conclusion, surely...! Especially since the date range on #10 is 1950-1959 and on #15 its 1960-1969...

The subtitle on both is "Finite Oppenheimers", which also points in that direction, and refers back to issue #1, which was subtitled "Infinite Oppenheimers"

:makepoint:

I clearly don't have as high of a comic IQ as you do.

:jokealert:

I like all the covers but I can understand why they might have a negative affect on sales.

Just caught up with issues #11-#14 and the book just goes from strength to strength.

It amazes me that Hickman can write this book and those awful Avengers issues at the same time.

I like all the covers but I can understand why they might have a negative affect on sales.

Just caught up with issues #11-#14 and the book just goes from strength to strength.

It amazes me that Hickman can write this book and those awful Avengers issues at the same time.

I'm not familiar with his Marvel work, but a big reason MP doesn't read like his earlier Image books is because of Nick Pitarra. More and more, I believe Hickman works closely with his collaborators to tune each book to their strengths. In the case of MP, he and Pitarra work "Marvel-style"-- they loosely plot each issue, Nick draws the story, and then Hickman scripts. The method is working...I can't imagine the book working at this level without either guy.

I'm not familiar with his Marvel work, but a big reason MP doesn't read like his earlier Image books is because of Nick Pitarra. More and more, I believe Hickman works closely with his collaborators to tune each book to their strengths. In the case of MP, he and Pitarra work "Marvel-style"-- they loosely plot each issue, Nick draws the story, and then Hickman scripts. The method is working...I can't imagine the book working at this level without either guy.

(thumbs u

I loved Hickman's work on the Fantastic Four.