• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Some terrific Easter Eggs in the first ep.

You can already see how Constantine can fit in to this

I'd forgotten all about Constatine being in this! The mysticism set-up definitely goes there.

Who knows, maybe the failed Guillermo del Toro JLD project will be a CW project instead ;) Worst-case scenario ... we get Detective Chimp.

I'd forgotten all about Constatine being in this! The mysticism set-up definitely goes there.

Who knows, maybe the failed Guillermo del Toro JLD project will be a CW project instead ;) Worst-case scenario ... we get Detective Chimp.

Actually, the JLD movie seems to be moving in to high priority now.

JLD Movie news from Today.

Actually, the JLD movie seems to be moving in to high priority now.

JLD Movie news from Today.

Sorry, didn't realize this had been posted. I had noted it in the Justice League Dark thread.

Justice league Dark "Dark Universe" UPDATE

:foryou:

But better yet...

:whee:(worship):whee:(worship)

Looks like the WB Water Tower has been superherofied!

Warner Brothers is proud of its fall super hero programming this year! So proud, they've put them on their water tower!

The famous water tower at Warner Brothers Studios has been conquered by super heroes. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Gotham have each claimed a side of the tower with massive billboards showing off each series.

ZfhXTDi.jpg

kT7JpDc.jpg

:whee:

First Look At CONSTANTINE In Season 4 Of ARROW

MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worst with Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Oliver (Stephen Amell) calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama.

9rQMfUD.jpg

First Look At CONSTANTINE In Season 4 Of ARROW

MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worst with Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Oliver (Stephen Amell) calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama.

9rQMfUD.jpg

:o I heard but... I didn't really believe! This is actually going to happen then? Nice!

But can he PLEASE do up his tie just a little bit?

In desperation for more superhero material to watch, I recently embarked on season 1 of Arrow. I'm up to about episode 11. Someone tell me, does it get any better? It's almost literally torture right now it's so boring, but I know from experience that a show can learn from its mistakes and get better in subsequent seasons.

For the record, I did struggle through to season 2, and season 2 is a LOT more enjoyable. Still not Flash enjoyable, but at least not a total chore to watch like season 1. Speaking of Flash, fun to see his introduction in this.

3rd update that nobody should care about: Season 3 showed yet further improvement. I'm almost enjoying the show at this point (just starting season 4). I'll be very excited to see Constantine brought in as mystical consultant.

I mean how great is that? A superhero that survives cancellation and is resurrected on another channel to save the soul of another resurrected being. Just awesome! I hope he sticks around, I loved the show and was sad it was dropped. Kudos to CW!

Slowly going through S3 on Netflix and becoming more impressed by the episode. I have around 10 episodes to go. Arrow, combined with The Flash, is doing some pretty impressive world-building.

Ras al Ghul was a nice surprise and the unfolding arc is a reminder of why I'm such a DC Comics fan. :cloud9:

It's so great to have another venue to get my DC-fix besides DC Animation. Arrow (and The Flash) is quality storytelling that delivers the goods. (worship)

What Does Constantine’s Character Moving to The CW Mean for DC’s TV Future?

With anticipation at a fever pitch for Matt Ryan to visit Arrow as John Constantine this week, it's easy to speculate about what it might mean for DC's television future if Wednesday's episode is a ratings success and Constantine becomes a character The CW would like to use more often.

The failure of Constantine at NBC represented a rare blow for comics on screen. Since Iron Man and The Dark Knight came out and collectively changed the conversation about comic book movies, failures have been rare, while massive successes have been the norm.

That carried over to the small screen in 2012, when Green Arrow -- a relatively low-selling DC Comics character best known outside of the comics community as a regular guest star on Smallville's later seasons -- headlined his own series on The CW which became successful enough not only for a second season, but for a spinoff (now two).

Arrow was the tip of the comics-on-TV spear, and while Marvel has delivered impressive numbers for ABC and Netflix, no one network has been more obviously impacted by the success of comic book adaptations than the Warner Bros./CBS joint venture, The CW.

:wishluck:

Please let the numbers be so impressive. The CW makes the leap to add yet another comic book show.