• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

In desperation for more superhero material to watch, I recently embarked on season 1 of Arrow. I'm up to about episode 11. Someone tell me, does it get any better? It's almost literally torture right now it's so boring, but I know from experience that a show can learn from its mistakes and get better in subsequent seasons.

:gossip:

It`s a CW show.

You know their demographic is not aimed at us.

What did you expect?

True Detective?

:grin:

An example is

My 19 year old son and 29 year old sister say Arrow is the best show on TV.

In desperation for more superhero material to watch, I recently embarked on season 1 of Arrow. I'm up to about episode 11. Someone tell me, does it get any better? It's almost literally torture right now it's so boring, but I know from experience that a show can learn from its mistakes and get better in subsequent seasons.

:gossip:

It`s a CW show.

You know their demographic is not aimed at us.

What did you expect?

True Detective?

:grin:

An example is

My 19 year old son and 29 year old sister say Arrow is the best show on TV.

Well, yeah, but Flash has been lots of fun right from the start. Not so Arrow!

I've watched the show long enough that I cannot stay quiet any longer. Laurel as Black Canary looks like a transvestite. That blond wig they have her wearing is ungodly hideous. I don't know what the costume people were thinking or how they haven't noticed it yet. Laurel without the wig doesn't look half bad, bud with that stupid wig, ugh. I can't make an apt comparison other than saying that the current Canary looks like a cracked out cross dresser.

Anyone else notice? Again, just Laurel as Black Canary with that awful wig.

Beanpole aside, the wig just makes her look like a strung out "him"

I can't get over the fact that she seriously looks horrendous with that wig

I've not really been satisfied with either canary in this show, but Laurel much less so. Laurel has consistently been the worst part of this show for me. I'm very glad they've at least sort of realized this and made felicity the main female lead. I was hoping that introducing Laurel's sister as Canary meant Laurel was expendable. Sadly I was wrong.

And yes the current Canary looks awful.

Beanpole aside, the wig just makes her look like a strung out "him"

I can't get over the fact that she seriously looks horrendous with that wig

I've not really been satisfied with either canary in this show, but Laurel much less so. Laurel has consistently been the worst part of this show for me. I'm very glad they've at least sort of realized this and made felicity the main female lead. I was hoping that introducing Laurel's sister as Canary meant Laurel was expendable. Sadly I was wrong.

And yes the current Canary looks awful.

Agreed, Sarah would have been the better canary by far. Both by looks and skill (as depicted by acting)

Also her Canary Scream is too gimmicky for me. I liked it better when the Scream was from a device. If they kept it like that, I would have been happy. It looks dumb to watch her do that canary scream.

For all the good that Arrow is, there are still some parts which are very difficult to watch and some characters who would serve the show better by being off of it.

I have some mixed feelings on the canary scream. I like it because it's canary (and because of the origin of it with Cisco etc.) BUT, Laurel looks really silly in scenes where she's doing it :( Sorta takes away the cool factor.

My wife loves Arrow and has watched it from the beginning. I've only seen a couple of episodes and I can't really fathom why the producers feel the need to bring non-Green Arrow villains like Brother Blood (New Teen Titans) and Ra's Al Ghul (Batman) into the show, but whatever.

ARROW Producers Had "Big Plans" For 'Harley Quinn' Before SUICIDE SQUAD Ruined Them

While Arrow often comes under fire for borrowing too many elements and characters from Batman's corner of the DC Universe, Harley Quinn's surprise (and extremely brief) cameo in the show's stellar second season was still one of the most exciting and intriguing moments in its run.

Unfortunately, that would amount to nothing, as Margot Robbie being cast as the character in David Ayer's Suicide Squad movie left both Harley and Task Force X off limits to The CW series.

Talking at the MCM London (via Spoiler TV) comic book convention today, WIlla Holland (Thea Queen/Speedy) had this to say about the original plans for Harley Quinn in Arrow. "We had big plans for Harley. But, I guess something came down from DC execs that told us to shut it down," the actress revealed to disappointed fans. "I mean we had that tease with the pigtails and the ARGUS outfit but, we’ll never see it. We would love to Harley in Arrow but it will never happen."

Glad the Ra's saga is done.

Same. I feel like he was a bit of a letdown.

I really wish they would've brought Deathstroke out in the last episode to fight Ra's somehow. Still hoping he returns to the show down the line. Definitely my favorite character from Season 1 and 2.