• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 CGC Registry Set Awards

428 posts in this topic

One certification: Fables (only took seven 9.8-9.9s to claim this, including the 400 pt Fables 6 RRP). My goal is to get an entire 9.8+ set before next year's awards...

A bunch of number twos in sets (Astro City, Planetary, 100 Bullets) that I plan to put together a sweet set for next year as well.

Seth

I snagged 6 certificates. I still have a lot of work to do on several of them, but still grabbed the certificates. Here are my favorites:

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

The Hellboy set should be completed in the next 3-4 weeks... :banana:

I'm not gonna congratulate the winners this year...

(Kevin Costner speech coming, click me on ignore while you can. lol )

...But I rather congratulate the everyone who participated in this years contest. I really enjoy supporting future winners every year, with the other past winners.

Even if you got your bum handed to you on that Adventures of Kool-Aid Man Registry Set, it doesn't mean you have to have bitter feelings toward the winner. Don't be afraid to reach out and strike up a friendship with other set holders on your title. Who knows maybe you can work on the books together helping each other out in the long run.

...and heck, there is always next year to win a plaque or certificate.

In the words of the immortal Aaliyah...

"If at first you don't succeed

You can dust it off and try again

Dust yourself off and try again". :whistle:

I'm not gonna congratulate the winners this year...

(Kevin Costner speech coming, click me on ignore while you can. lol )

...But I rather congratulate the everyone who participated in this years contest. I really enjoy supporting future winners every year, with the other past winners.

Even if you got your bum handed to you on that Adventures of Kool-Aid Man Registry Set, it doesn't mean you have to have bitter feelings toward the winner. Don't be afraid to reach out and strike up a friendship with other set holders on your title. Who knows maybe you can work on the books together helping each other out in the long run.

...and heck, there is always next year to win a plaque or certificate.

In the words of the immortal Aaliyah...

"If at first you don't succeed

You can dust it off and try again

Dust yourself off and try again". :whistle:

lol

:applause:

Checks Batman set....yeah I'm ranked 35th. So close yet so far. (shrug):slapfight:

Edit: Omg! I'm #1 in the Batman & Robin (2011) set! With only one book and only one other person collecting it. Would I still be able to enter? lol i guess I missed the deadline.

Any set created or in existence before 5PM today is automatically entered.

Any set created or in existence before 5PM today is automatically entered.

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still a big noob apparently.

Don't worry.

We were once noobs here on the CGC boards :)

No #1's for me this year again.

But next year might be a different story.

I've got so many books that need grading and I've also got alot in transit that were never gonig to be here in time.

This is my first year working towards a few registry sets. I'll have the #1 spot in three of them in a few weeks and next year hopefully more.

A NOOB registry question.... What determines getting a certificate in certain sets? Obviously you need to be winning the set, but does it also go by the size and popularity of the set? Just not sure on the criteria... Thanks (thumbs u

This is my first year working towards a few registry sets. I'll have the #1 spot in three of them in a few weeks and next year hopefully more.

A NOOB registry question.... What determines getting a certificate in certain sets? Obviously you need to be winning the set, but does it also go by the size and popularity of the set? Just not sure on the criteria... Thanks (thumbs u

I think this answers your question

3 for me i believe (thumbs u

Chili- could not possibly care less, I only have 1 of the 27 issues and only 3 people even have Registry sets

You've lost me. How does that answer my question?

Anyone ranked number one at the deadline receives a certificate.

No matter what the set or the number of people registered to that set ...

ANY #1 gets you a certificate no matter what. Case in point, the Chili registry set that i won last year and this. Only 3 people have sets and i only have 1 of the 27 issues in the set yet i still get a certificate for it.

ANY #1 gets you a certificate no matter what. Case in point, the Chili registry set that i won last year and this. Only 3 people have sets and i only have 1 of the 27 issues in the set yet i still get a certificate for it.

your set is the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!

(worship)