• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 CGC Registry Set Awards

428 posts in this topic

You've lost me. How does that answer my question?

ANY #1 gets you a certificate no matter what. Case in point, the Chili registry set that i won last year and this. Only 3 people have sets and i only have 1 of the 27 issues in the set yet i still get a certificate for it.

your set is the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!

(worship)

lol

Technically, can you call a single issue a "set"? hm

I believe PIP still has a higher graded #1 than i do but never made a Chili set for it and just has it in his 1st issues registry set. The only reason i even made a separate Chili set was i thought i had a deal for issues 2-7 but it fell thru after we had agreed on a price and i was too lazy to delete it :blush:

So you get a little cert. for winning a set? How do you check on that? Can someone plz help a lazy no good noob like myself?

Go to the Registry and hit the "Comics" link in the top navigation - this shows you all your current sets. Any sets where you held the #1 spot when the Registry Awards deadline rolled around (like your Batman: Hush set) will get you a certificate in the mail and a little marker next to the set that looks like this:

comic_best_category2012.gif

I keep looking for this every day

Every year I say I will update all pics and descriptions, and every year I let it slide. Already got one set down....I should be all set for nice and sparkly updated sets for next year.

Who knows? Maybe even finish several of them. It's maddening to be at 96%+ for three years and not make progress. :insane:

Don't be afraid to reach out and strike up a friendship with other set holders on your title. Who knows maybe you can work on the books together helping each other out in the long run.

It's been (as you might have guessed) a mixed bag. Some competitors obscure sets, and other still choose to ignore you. I mean, I even drive up to their house and start waiting outside for them to appear... :insane:

Still, I've also had success talking about our mutual collecting interests...and have been successful in locating others who need a book filled.