• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 CGC Registry Set Awards

428 posts in this topic

Tempus Fugitivus wins the "Achievement in Collecting Comics" award for 2012 - and every single one of his Registry sets is obscured. If CGC is trying to use the Registry awards for PR purposes, perhaps they need to rethink this particular strategy :lol:

You can see TF's sets if you click on them here: Link

Spectacular stuff.

Tempus Fugitivus wins the "Achievement in Collecting Comics" award for 2012 - and every single one of his Registry sets is obscured. If CGC is trying to use the Registry awards for PR purposes, perhaps they need to rethink this particular strategy :lol:

Spectacular stuff.

the shroud lifted...

Spectacular stuff.

the shroud lifted...

:whee:

Funny...I thought I was assembling the Marvel SA set ( not DC ) as per article lol

congrats Pete, great set

+1 :applause:

Thanks Mike. I was hoping to see your name again in the GA category but I guess I'll have to wait until next year :(

Thanks to everyone who put time and care into their sets. It's interesting to see how the winners span a wide range of angles to their collections. There are the classic challenging deep runs like cheetah's high grade Planets. But this year there were a lot of really cool esoteric sets like those by TLong, Peter in Portugal, RecalledComics.com, and, my own favorite, GAM's SOTI set (which I had never even seen before!). There were several others I liked a lot. Overall, the sets that had both photos and text with descriptions of the contents and background information were most enjoyable to go through.

Being a Golden Age collector myself, my very honest feeling is that we/GA registry owners generally are lacking far behind especially the Modern collectors in terms of using the registry optimally. Each of the winners in the Modern category have superb descriptions, pictures with every book, and often use the second picture to show interesting related material. Seeing their (and many other) sets has certainly been educational for me and I will steal many of the ideas and incorporate them into my own sets.