• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I got to add another comic today. Just got this in the mail. This gives me every Marvel Annual from July 1962, Strange Tales Annual #1 and Millie the Model Annual#1 (the first Marvel Silver age Annuals, came out in the same month) to 12/1979. :cloud9:

Strange Tales Annual #2 CGC 6.0, White pages too. :cloud9: The 6th apperance of Spidey (as per Rodan :sumo: )

2012-07-28185532.jpg[/img]

Big week for completing stuff for me! On top of the Strange Tales, Amazing and all the Marvel Annuals....I finished off Marvel Treasury Edition #1-28. These came out from 1974 to 1981.

Marvel Treasury Edition #26 VF-

2012-07-28220445.jpg[/img]

Plus is has a pretty cool small Wolverine VS. Hercules bar fight story. :headbang:

2012-07-28222048.jpg[/img]

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u Only one person thought it was cool that I finished the hero run of Strange Tales? Wow. Whats the comic collecting world coming too??? lol Low grade collectors get no props! I have to buy some 9.8 copies of 5 dollar books. Then everyone comes out of the woodwork. lollollol

More props! :headbang:

In fact, I'm jealous! I haven't been buying much and it's killing me.

I'd much rather look at lower grade books here and runs in the Group Shot thread. I appreciate the high grades, but looking at 9.6s, especially scans, just gets boring after a while. I'd rather see real world books that present nicely and were bought on a budget.

hm Sounds like I'm talking about mine. lol

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u Only one person thought it was cool that I finished the hero run of Strange Tales? Wow. Whats the comic collecting world coming too??? lol Low grade collectors get no props! I have to buy some 9.8 copies of 5 dollar books. Then everyone comes out of the woodwork. lollollol

More props! :headbang:

In fact, I'm jealous! I haven't been buying much and it's killing me.

I'd much rather look at lower grade books here and runs in the Group Shot thread. I appreciate the high grades, but looking at 9.6s, especially scans, just gets boring after a while. I'd rather see real world books that present nicely and were bought on a budget.

hm Sounds like I'm talking about mine. lol

Thanks Bro! :headbang: I am the same way. I see 9.8, 9.6 stuff...and its nice....But I would never shell out the money for them. I LOVE seeing mid to low grade silver stuff that presents nice. Because I know I would have jumped all over it, if I had the chance to buy it.

Finishing off a genre! I just got in the mail the last War genre comic that I needed to have all the War type comics published from Marvel comics from 1/1960 thru 12/1979. Not many war comics came out from Marvel during those 20 years. I only see 241 comics that would fit into that genre from that time frame. The last book I needed was the first one that was published during that time. And it was pretty hard to find! Got a pretty nice (Fine) copy from Metro that was pointed out to me by Jimjum. Thanks Bro!

If anyone sees that I missed a title...Let me know. Thanks.

Battle #68-70

Captain Savage #1-19

Combat Kelly and the Deadly Dozen 1-9

Special Marvel Edition 5-14 (Reprints Fury issues)

Nick Fury #1-18

Nick Fury and His Agents of SHIELD 1-5

Sgt. Fury #1-155

Sgt. Fury Annual #1-7

War Is Hell 1-15

Last book I needed .....Battle #68 :cloud9::headbang:

2012-07-30140901.jpg[/img]

Also got this today. Three packages in the mail. It was a big day. lol This is outside the 1/1960 timeframe. Its from April 1959. But it presented so nice I had to buy it. A soild VF comic from 1959....WHO could say no? lol The colors are blazing!!!!

Patsy Walker #82 :cloud9:

2012-07-30141825.jpg[/img]

Completely off topic. (shrug)

Some of this is alleged till proven in court. :sumo:

I am a cop. I don't really talk about this stuff...But this is how I spent 3 AM last Saturday morning. After these alleged guys robbed two people in my town at gunpoint, the vehicle they were fleeing in was pulled over by my co-workers (friends), the suspect pointed a loaded gun at my friends and tossed it back into the vehicle...he then took off on foot. Me and my co-workers (Friends) arrived on scene at the point he started to run. Chased him a block into a real dark parking lot not knowing if he still had the gun on him, we grabbed (tackled) him taking him to the ground. After cuffing him we found a fully loaded clip of ammo in his pocket....also recovered two guns in the vehicle. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2012/07/hoboken_police_arrest_three_in.html

Completely off topic. (shrug)

Some of this is alleged till proven in court. :sumo:

I am a cop. I don't really talk about this stuff...But this is how I spent 3 AM last Saturday morning. After these alleged guys robbed two people in my town at gunpoint, the vehicle they were fleeing in was pulled over by my co-workers (friends), the suspect pointed a loaded gun at my friends and tossed it back into the vehicle...he then took off on foot. Me and my co-workers (Friends) arrived on scene at the point he started to run. Chased him a block into a real dark parking lot not knowing if he still had the gun on him, we grabbed (tackled) him taking him to the ground. After cuffing him we found a fully loaded clip of ammo in his pocket....also recovered two guns in the vehicle. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2012/07/hoboken_police_arrest_three_in.html

A friend of mine is a cop. He started off in our small quiet home town but he's an adrenaline junkie....always was....and he transferred to a nearby larger city and put in for one of the rougher areas there. I promised to never blackmail him over some of the *spoon* we used to do BEFORE he became an officer lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Got a few more books today.

Journey into Mystery #86 CGC 4.0 First appearance of Zarrko, the Tomorrow Man. With this comic I only need one more JIM (#91 anyone have a nice mid to low for sale? :foryou: ) ) to have all the Hero issues from #83 First Thor up. :headbang:

2012-07-31165914.jpg[/img]

And from Ebay I got two graded Pre Hero comics today.

Journey into Mystery #68 CGC 4.5 Could any power on earth stop SPRAGG? I like this cover alot!

2012-07-31170033.jpg[/img]

And Strange Tales #83 CGC 5.0 Let mankind beware! GROGG is here! Seemed they liked to end the name of the monster in two of the same letter? And liked the G. lol Last page was TOS #21 KLAGG (shrug)lol

2012-07-31165951.jpg[/img]

Frankie

Where you bidding on the TTA 30 and TTA 31 last week on eBay ?

Whats up Bro? I needed the TTA 31. I have a TTA 30. The seller didnt have the right picture up. He had the #30 on the #31 auction. I wanted to see how it presented. I emailed him twice and he never fixed it...or got back to me. So I didnt bid. The #30 looked pretty nice. Did you get either?

SPRAGG......The Dirt Clod that LIVED !......I always liked that one. That first Grogg is a favorite.....one of the more complex of the PH monster books. You're getting some real cool stuff lately. GOD BLESS....

SPRAGG......The Dirt Clod that LIVED !......I always liked that one. That first Grogg is a favorite.....one of the more complex of the PH monster books. You're getting some real cool stuff lately. GOD BLESS....

lol Thanks alot Bro! Alot of the sets are really coming together! Thanks for posting in here...I feel like I am talking to myself alot in here. lollol

....I'm honored to have been able to help. This is QUITE an endeavor you've got going on....a lot of effort in just research alone. I check the progress most every day. A collection so comprehensive it won't even FIT into a group shot. GOD BLESS...

I got to add one book today. I bought this off Ebay with no picture, and no number was given in the description. :tonofbricks: I figured I was buying a beat copy. And it is. BUT, this is a book I could not find for quite sometime. I need 4 more really hard to find books in the 1960s from Marvel. At least I can cross off this one!

Linda Carter Student Nurse #5 :headbang: This gives me the complete 9 issue run of this title. :acclaim: Now I cant start asking everyone if they have a Millie the Model #97 :tonofbricks:lol

2012-08-06151511.jpg[/img]