• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Any copy of these titles are a rarity and fill a gap/move your collection on to the next hard book.

Great stuff bro, keep it up (thumbs u

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u As I am sure you know, These comic are such a pain to find in any shape. The last 4 romance type books I need. And the thorn in my side. If anyone has one...seen one...knows a dealer that has one..or knows about one in a LCS somewhere...PLEASE PM me! :wishluck:

Love Romances # 88

Millie the Model # 97

My Own Romance # 75

Teen Age Romance # 78

Got one more comic in the mail today, its an Ebay win. Almost all (Besides 8 comics) I still need for the 1960s of Marvel are Pre-Hero comics. These are turning into some of my favorite books! :cloud9:

Journey into Mystery # 57 VG+ OROGO THE THING FROM BEYOND!

2012-08-10173128.jpg[/img]

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Incase anyone has has any of these for sale. Undercopies or whatever, Let me know! Down to 44 more comics. Just need 16 more to have 11/61 (The start of the Marvel Universe, FF #1) up. :cloud9:

Current Want List

Marvel comics 1/1960 to 11/1961

Amazing Adventures # 3 4 6

JIM # 56 58 63 69

Love Romances # 88

Millie the Model # 97

My Own Romance # 75

Rawhide Kid #2 8

Strange Tales # 73 75 76 79 80

Teen Age Romance # 78

TOS # 7 8 10 11

TTA # 7 8 10 11 14 16 17 19

Marvel Silver Age Want List Starting 11/61

Amazing Adult Fantasy # 7 8 11 13

Journey into Mystery # 91

Tales of Suspense # 23 24 26 27 31 32 52

Tales to Astonish # 29 31 35 36

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Sweet! Methinks the Scarecrow story still hasn't been reprinted, although I don't follow what's going on with the Omnibuses.

Frankie - get rid of that damn Priority Mailbox! How about some staging?

I am not sure if it was ever reprinted. lol Leave my Priority Mailbox alone! I am keeping it real. lollollol Dont forget the struggle...dont forget the streets!

Sweet! Methinks the Scarecrow story still hasn't been reprinted, although I don't follow what's going on with the Omnibuses.

I am not sure if it was ever reprinted. lol Leave my Priority Mailbox alone! I am keeping it real. lollollol Dont forget the struggle...dont forget the streets!

Nice books Frankie :applause:

I like the Priority Mailbox, it makes your photos have a, just arrived, ripped the box open and here is my new book, look to them.

I like the Priority Mailbox, it makes your photos have a, just arrived, ripped the box open and here is my new book, look to them.

Thanks Bro! Yeah, thats about what happens when I get something to add! Rip it open and take a picture. lol This is not the Ped, thread...where you need prefect lighting...big close up scans of the comic...a glass of wine in the back round and soft music playing. lol This is collectors thread, no snobby look at what I can afford grades, or "This books was in the Joe Blow collection, its AMAZING", or the line "I had to back up the dump truck of money for this one". Hence my Priority Mailbox as a stand. lollollol This thread and my collection is OLD SCHOOL. And I like it that way. :headbang:

Got another comic today. This package was supposed to also supposed to contain a Strange Tales #80. I bought these one month ago on Ebay. After not getting it. Contacted the seller after a few weeks..and it turned out the package was missing in action. The seller tracked it down...package was ripped open in a Post Office somewhere...employees said it may have been a belt issue...But the Strage Tales #80 was missing from the package. :tonofbricks: This book was still there and not damaged and seller refunded me for the ST #80 and sent this one. I hate adding books back to my Want List. :mad:

Strange Tales #86 I WHO CREATED MECHANO!!!

2012-08-11144113.jpg[/img]

Got three more Pre-Hero books today in the mail, bought them from boardie Miamiknight3434 :applause:. Really good seller! (worship)

Strange Tales #97 :cloud9: Kinda first Aunt May and Uncle Ben. :headbang: WHEN A PLANET DIES!!! If you remained...You have some problems!

2012-08-13175725.jpg[/img]

This is Pre 1960s But still a great book in a KEY run!

Tales of Suspence #5 TRAPPED IN THE TUNNEL TO NOWHERE!!!

2012-08-13175954.jpg[/img]

And.... Journey into Mystery #70 CGC 5.0 Sandman Proto! :cloud9: THE SANDMAN COMETH! Presents GREAT! :headbang:

2012-08-13180045.jpg[/img]

hey, let me ask you, do you crack your slabs?

You seem to get a large number of raws and slabs and was wondering how you keep them organized? I cant even imagine keeping EVERY damn Marvel that you have ordered enough to keep my OCD from going crazy. Then, having to split them into slabs and raws would drive me freaking crazy! :screwy:

If you havent already, when you get a chance can you post some pics of your comic room setup? I HAVE to see what it looks like to have EVERY Marvel hm

You seem to get a large number of raws and slabs and was wondering how you keep them organized? I cant even imagine keeping EVERY damn Marvel that you have ordered enough to keep my OCD from going crazy. Then, having to split them into slabs and raws would drive me freaking crazy! :screwy:

If you havent already, when you get a chance can you post some pics of your comic room setup? I HAVE to see what it looks like to have EVERY Marvel hm

If I buy it slabbed I leave it that way. Never cracked a book. I only have like 100 slabs. Most of its raw. Order has gone out the window a longggg time ago. If you came here and saw them...you would have a break down. lol I dont even have the 100 CGC books in order. Finding stuff has become a nightmare. You can open a box and see new books next to silver age stuff, and bronze stuff. I used to be big into keeping everything in order. My collection has gotten to big for the space I have...and trying to put it in order has become a nightmare. Last time I attemped to put it in order...I did A B and C...8 hours later...my back was broken....then I just started to put stuff into boxes to make full ones....Making it even worst. One day I will fix it. Maybe. lol(shrug)

If I buy it slabbed I leave it that way. Never cracked a book. I only have like 100 slabs. Most of its raw. Order has gone out the window a longggg time ago. If you came here and saw them...you would have a break down. lol I dont even have the 100 CGC books in order. Finding stuff has become a nightmare. You can open a box and see new books next to silver age stuff, and bronze stuff. I used to be big into keeping everything in order. My collection has gotten to big for the space I have...and trying to put it in order has become a nightmare. Last time I attemped to put it in order...I did A B and C...8 hours later...my back was broken....then I just started to put stuff into boxes to make full ones....Making it even worst. One day I will fix it. Maybe. lol(shrug)

DUDE?!?!? Do you have any idea the OCD nightmares i'm gonna have on your behalf tonight after hearing THAT?!? lol

I was sick as a dog 2 weeks ago and had like 3 slabs come in and it was driving me freaking nuts knowing they were sitting on the floor of my comic room for 3 days and not filed away properly :screwy:

I'm making a NJ roadtrip and getting that room in alphabetical order for you! (thumbs u

DUDE?!?!? Do you have any idea the OCD nightmares i'm gonna have on your behalf tonight after hearing THAT?!? lol

I was sick as a dog 2 weeks ago and had like 3 slabs come in and it was driving me freaking nuts knowing they were sitting on the floor of my comic room for 3 days and not filed away properly :screwy:

I'm making a NJ roadtrip and getting that room in alphabetical order for you! (thumbs u

Again you would have a break down seeing the mish mash of stuff I have. Some long boxes are in order. But its more what every happened to be in that box was put in order. Some one the longer runs are in order. But I have not put anything in order for about two years now. :tonofbricks: Need alot more space to try to fix it. Last time it was a crazy. Would be going along good...Then you hit that one book that you cant find. :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks: That you know you have somewhere. lol I should at least put the CGC books in order. That would only take a few minutes. (shrug) Total mess. :tonofbricks:

2012-08-13183205.jpg[/img]

2012-08-13183307.jpg[/img]

Thanks Bro! Yeah, thats about what happens when I get something to add! Rip it open and take a picture. lol This is not the Ped, thread...where you need prefect lighting...big close up scans of the comic...a glass of wine in the back round and soft music playing. lol This is collectors thread, no snobby look at what I can afford grades, or "This books was in the Joe Blow collection, its AMAZING", or the line "I had to back up the dump truck of money for this one". Hence my Priority Mailbox as a stand. lollollol This thread and my collection is OLD SCHOOL. And I like it that way. :headbang:

Is it just me, or is there definitely a custom title somewhere in this fine rant? lol

Is it just me, or is there definitely a custom title somewhere in this fine rant? lol

Damn! I didn't even see that post!

My freaking ears are burning reading that! :blush:

Just for the record though, I do NOT drink wine :sick: Vodka only :gossip:

And, I do NOT listen to soft music. More likely Eminem or NWA at full blast (thumbs u

Damn! I didn't even see that post!

My freaking ears are burning reading that! :blush:

Just for the record though, I do NOT drink wine :sick: Vodka only :gossip:

And, I do NOT listen to soft music. More likely Eminem or NWA at full blast (thumbs u

lollollol:whistle: