• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Yeah Bro, Thanks for pointing that one out! I didnt see it. (worship)

I thought that JIM 91 had your name written on it...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....my pleasure. I'm getting into this vicariously. I also can't help but notice that your VG's have a lot of eye appeal......maybe those eBay folks have seen the light with grading. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just got another comic in the mail. With this issue I just finished the Thor run of JIM from #83 up. :headbang: Picked this up on the boards from HighVoltage. Pretty nice VG copy for a great price! He even included a drawing on the cardboard that the book came wrapped in. Pretty cool drawing!!! (thumbs u Down to needing 40 more comics.

JIM # 91

2012-09-01171456.jpg[/img]

2012-09-01171622.jpg[/img]

Very cool bud, you are getting there man.

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Just got two books in the mail from Jimjum. Great seller and really nice guy!

First one Tales Of Suspense #52 First Black Widow! :cloud9: This one gives me the Hero run from #39 up on this title complete. Would of had this book alot sooner if it were not for the Avengers movie spiking this book in price. Down to two more Hero issues (TTA #35 and 36) to have every book Marvel superheros appeared in from 11/1961 to 12/1979.

2012-09-17150039.jpg[/img]

Next book is a really nice copy of a Pre Hero book. Pre Heros are what I need the most of out of the 41 total books I still need to have every comic Marvel put out for the 20 years.

Tales to Astonish #10 I WAS TRAPPED BY.....TITANO!!!!! This cover is AMAZING!!!!

2012-09-17150222.jpg[/img]

Next book is a really nice copy of a Pre Hero book. Pre Heros are what I need the most of out of the 41 total books I still need to have every comic Marvel put out for the 20 years.

Tales to Astonish #10 I WAS TRAPPED BY.....TITANO!!!!! This cover is AMAZING!!!!

2012-09-17150222.jpg[/img]

Very cool book. :cloud9::sumo:

You might want to watch for the old 50's Sci-fi movie "Attack of the Crab Monsters". One wonders if Kirby may have occasionally borrowed from movies as inspiration for comics.

Have you given any thought to extending the Marvel collection back even further, once you have completed 1961 to 1979 run?

You might want to watch for the old 50's Sci-fi movie "Attack of the Crab Monsters". One wonders if Kirby may have occasionally borrowed from movies as inspiration for comics.

Have you given any thought to extending the Marvel collection back even further, once you have completed 1961 to 1979 run?

Thanks! Yeah I really like this cover. Maybe he did get the idea for it from those cheesy 50s Sci-Fi movies. I think I just wanna stick with the 1/60 to 12/79 collection. I have a Want List from Marvel that also goes from 1/80 to 3/85 (DREKKKK)...And I dont need that many from that time frame. So it will be 25 years of Marvel. The TOS and TTA sets I want to get from #1 up which both sets #1 to 6 were from 1959. And maybe a few of the shorter Pre Hero titles. But I dont think I will try and buy everything from the 50s.

Thanks! Yeah I really like this cover. Maybe he did get the idea for it from those cheesy 50s Sci-Fi movies. I think I just wanna stick with the 1/60 to 12/79 collection. I have a Want List from Marvel that also goes from 1/80 to 3/85 (DREKKKK)...And I dont need that many from that time frame. So it will be 25 years of Marvel. The TOS and TTA sets I want to get from #1 up which both sets #1 to 6 were from 1959. And maybe a few of the shorter Pre Hero titles. But I dont think I will try and buy everything from the 50s.

That's a huge amount of books. :applause:

Any thought to extending back for some of the early S.A. Atlas Westerns?

I did some research earlier this summer and found 34 Atlas westerns titles that were published in the 50's. Of those 21 issues were published in the Silver Age going by dates of September 1956 to September 1957, when the Atlas banner disappeared.

Matt Slade Gunfighter #3. On my want list.

MATTSLADE_3.jpg

Another cool early Marvel SA title was World of Fantasy, which ran for 19 issues (MAY 56 to AUG 59). The last three issues were done by Kirby.

As a side note WOF #17 (APR 59) edged Showcase (SEP 59) by 5 months, making one wonder if perhaps DC took the Guardian of the Stars concept and altered it and expanded it to the Green Lantern Corp, which was overseen by the Guardians of the Universe. hm

My beater copy of #17.

DSCN0110.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

I love Westerns! I am trying to do a complete Rawhide Kid set. Need two more issues for it.... #2 or 8 anyone??? :takeit:lol Who knows...Maybe I will start with all the Marvels that came out in 1959 and see how long that takes me. Just thinking about looking for the love type books again is giving me a headache. lol Got it down to just needing two more of them for the 60s....not that I might find copies anytime soon. Love Romances #88 or My Own Romance #75 ANYONE????:takeit: WOF is on my list of stuff I will try for once the 60s stuff is done. I need something to collect when the 60s stuff is done. lol

I have come here today....To chew bubblegum...and buy all the Marvel comics...And I am all out of bubblegum! lol

roddypip.jpg[/img]

I love Westerns! I am trying to do a complete Rawhide Kid set. Need two more issues for it.... #2 or 8 anyone??? :takeit:lol Who knows...Maybe I will start with all the Marvels that came out in 1959 and see how long that takes me. Just thinking about looking for the love type books again is giving me a headache. lol Got it down to just needing two more of them for the 60s....not that I might find copies anytime soon. Love Romances #88 or My Own Romance #75 ANYONE????:takeit: WOF is on my list of stuff I will try for once the 60s stuff is done. I need something to collect when the 60s stuff is done. lol

I have come here today....To chew bubblegum...and buy all the Marvel comics...And I am all out of bubblegum! lol

roddypip.jpg[/img]

"and buy all the Marvel comics" :olol

You might find a bit of competition in that quest.

I think I recognize the photo you posted. Is it from an 80's movie where the hero finds a pair of sunglasses. He then enters a supermarket and notices nearly every other person is an alien, due to the special powers of the sun glasses? :o

roddypip.jpg[/img]

"and buy all the Marvel comics" :olol

You might find a bit of competition in that quest.

I think I recognize the photo you posted. Is it from an 80's movie where the hero finds a pair of sunglasses. He then enters a supermarket and notices nearly every other person is an alien, due to the special powers of the sun glasses? :o

I may lose my mind in that quest too. lol

Yeah thats the movie...They Live with Roddy Piper...I LOVE that movie. :headbang:

They Live is one of the Great Films!! :headbang:

Yeah Bro...I was a huge fan of early John Carpenter movies! He made some great stuff...Then lost it all and started making CACA! :tonofbricks: Ghosts of Mars??? Really? I think I could have made a better movie. :sick: I would LOVE Kurt Russel from Escape from New York autograph. Thats my Fav!!!

adrbar.jpg[/img]

austinstoker.jpg[/img]

2011-05-01155215.jpg[/img]

Yeah Bro...I was a huge fan of early John Carpenter movies! He made some great stuff...Then lost it all and started making CACA! :tonofbricks:Ghosts of Mars??? Really? I think I could have made a better movie. :sick: I would LOVE Kurt Russel from Escape from New York autograph. Thats my Fav!!!

:whatthe: I agree he went downhill, but I love Ghosts' Of Mars! When Ice Cube smiles at the camera at the end... :luhv: Or winks? Shoot, I don't rememeber...

Yeah Bro...I was a huge fan of early John Carpenter movies! He made some great stuff...Then lost it all and started making CACA! :tonofbricks:Ghosts of Mars??? Really? I think I could have made a better movie. :sick: I would LOVE Kurt Russel from Escape from New York autograph. Thats my Fav!!!

:whatthe: I agree he went downhill, but I love Ghosts' Of Mars! When Ice Cube smiles at the camera at the end... :luhv: Or winks? Shoot, I don't rememeber...

You my friend are on drugs! lol That movie is SOOOOOOO BAD!!! :sick:

Yeah Bro...I was a huge fan of early John Carpenter movies! He made some great stuff...Then lost it all and started making CACA! :tonofbricks: Ghosts of Mars??? Really? I think I could have made a better movie. :sick: I would LOVE Kurt Russel from Escape from New York autograph. Thats my Fav!!!

adrbar.jpg[/img]

austinstoker.jpg[/img]

Thats some cool stuff you have there bud. :applause:

You my friend are on drugs! lolThat movie is SOOOOOOO BAD!!! :sick:

You're disconcerting me with your juxtaposition of something true and awesome with something demonstrably false and sad. lol

adrbar.jpg[/img]

austinstoker.jpg[/img]

Thats some cool stuff you have there bud. :applause:

Thanks Bro! Who can name what three movies these scene pictures are from.