• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

This is officially a pigpile now.

For the record, I disagree with their callous sentiments.

I know for a fact that horse are deathly afraid of the color red.

I just want to know why I get all the short jokes. :taptaptap:

Same reason I get all the tall jokes.

That's OK. I still look up to you. :banana:

How much would I pay for the check that STOLE superman.....

I do not think I would pay anyprice for it...not even FREE. To me it is proof of bad judgement, second how do display the front and the back at the same time, third S/S names are not spelled correctly.

Is it worth money as a collectable..yes I can see $500 or maybe even 1000 buckos, and putting it the limit max $2500. It is piece of history that need to be forgotten by S/S god rest their souls.

To display it with a copy of action # 1 is a good idea but not a at 40K hanging price

Simple question...what method have you used to determine the FMV? (shrug)

(shrug)

ATTN CAL:

Action comics #1 is a true collectable, which has been in demand since 1938. It did not have be invented like the check that stole superman, you do not have to hype it up, the book stands a milestone of comic book history. Apple and Orange CAL here.

This is the most bewildering Incredible post I've read in nearly 10 years on this board.

ATTN CAL:

Action comics #1 is a true collectable, which has been in demand since 1938. It did not have be invented like the check that stole superman, you do not have to hype it up, the book stands a milestone of comic book history. Apple and Orange CAL here.

This is the most bewildering Incredible post I've read in nearly 10 years on this board.

In fact, it's going in my sig-line.

How much would I pay for the check that STOLE superman.....

I do not think I would pay anyprice for it...not even FREE. To me it is proof of bad judgement, second how do display the front and the back at the same time, third S/S names are not spelled correctly.

Is it worth money as a collectable..yes I can see $500 or maybe even 1000 buckos, and putting it the limit max $2500. It is piece of history that need to be forgotten by S/S god rest their souls.

To display it with a copy of action # 1 is a good idea but not a at 40K hanging price

Simple question...what method have you used to determine the FMV? (shrug)

(shrug)

One spot, two spot, zig-zag, tear.

Pop-die, pennygot, tennyum, tear.

Harum, scare'em, rip'em, tear'em.

Tay, taw, toe

(Sorry, couldn't find the Marx Bros clip on Youtube)

FMV is many many things...in the case of jerry's hair or the check that stole superman not much real value here excpet hype.....action 1.....in the words of " bellock" from raiders of the lost ark....this IS history....

I don't know exactly what "above-average intelligence" means in the grand scheme of things, either.

Traditional Western thinking prizes reading speed and comprehension, the ability to analogize and word associate, memorization and the ability to retrieve information from both short and long term memory, and analytical thinking.

There are so many other ways to gauge intelligence that it almost has rendered the term meaningless, at least to me.

Some of the guys that I worked with on the loading dock were not "traditionally" intelligent, but were amazing at building, drawing, fixing and solving logistics issues, that they made me look functionally retarded.

Success is finding an area that maximizes your skills and minimizes your weaknesses.

The book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell discusses the concept of "intelligent enough" which is along these lines. Interesting stuff.

Great book. Gladwell's effing great.

I just want to know why I get all the short jokes. :taptaptap:

Same reason I get all the tall jokes.

Same reason I get all the hair jokes.

.....action 1.....this IS history....

Action 1 is just musty old paper bought from who-knows-where by some nameless person on some unknown day from a forgotten past.

The check...now that mess is history.

So, what's going on in here?

I heard something about a pile on?

Fingh's flame is almost out.