• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,876 posts in this topic

The stickers I have should be in mint condition, and in this case you can easily put them back in a book, as they were stapled within the centerfold. Here’s a picture from the above auction:

$T2eC16NHJH4FHdZgcer4BR7!s!YTcg~~60_12.JPG

The book is not so tough, later issues are scarce and costly but #1 should be affordable, and not difficult to find.

Graphic design and adaptations on the cover of these ones were good indeed. :)

UR2_1.JPG

Ahhh yes the design decisions seem to have been done well for sure! :cloud9: I particularly like with this issue how the target is allowed to go up and bleed beyond the top without much distraction as far as the title. The Mexican 201 allows for this as well and really makes the target pop similar to this one. Beautiful stickers too….. :headbang:

On a different note…… Man I would love it if someone would write an informative feature article on Italian Marvels in english for FCC magazine…. I wonder who could do that? Can you think of anyone over there who might be interested in something like this Claudio? hm

I know people love them, but it’s pretty hard for me to consider Canadian editions as variants (indeed they are). As easy as it is with UK Pence copies, I have a hard time to see them different. Maybe it’s because both Canada and United States are, in the end, America to my european eyes? :(

I know people love them, but it’s pretty hard for me to consider Canadian editions as variants (indeed they are). As easy as it is with UK Pence copies, I have a hard time to see them different. Maybe it’s because both Canada and United States are, in the end, America to my european eyes? :(

Wash your mouth out with soap!

It's probably that last statement. I am Canadian, and they were created specifically for us, so I consider them different than their American counterparts.

Yes, but the term "America" has been generally used for decades (and I think it’s not correct) to indicate mostly the United States, but also South America and Canada are America, right?

I thought they were printed at the same time in the USA, anyway. :)

It's probably that last statement. I am Canadian, and they were created specifically for us, so I consider them different than their American counterparts.

Yes, but the term "America" has been generally used for decades (and I think it’s not correct) to indicate mostly the United States, but also South America and Canada are America, right?

I thought they were printed at the same time in the USA, anyway. :)

Yes, that's very incorrect - Canada, the United States and the various countries in South America are very distinct and don't always like being associated like that. Yes, we're linked by continent name (North and South America) but I, as a Canadian, am NOT American and don't subscribe to lots of American politics and values.

It's not the biggest deal to blur the lines, but I hope that makes sense. :)