• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,877 posts in this topic

Some of my newest books....

Hungarian Spawn #1

hungarian_Spawn1.jpg

Id say my Spawn #1 set is def not messin around! :headbang:

Screenshot2013-10-09at22400PM.png

Screenshot2013-10-09at22409PM.png

Swedish Spidey 201

swedishSpidey201.jpg

And another reason why the set collecting type is so neat... look at the target and see how many variations the Foreign publishers chose to use..... By themselves you might not notice the subtle differences...

Screenshot2013-10-09at22653PM.png

Id like to thank Tony for the Hungarian Spawn and Swedish Spidey! (worship) Also I couldn't have acquired the Aussie 201 without my buddy Tim.... dude has an eye that can laser in on rare foreigns man..... (worship)

FF48.jpg

comandos1.jpg

Edited by Define999

Screenshot2013-10-09at22653PM.png

You are missing the italian one, Matt, which we already talked about.

It’s also a #1: the #1 of the second Uomo Ragno series (third, if we count the Settimanale), and more difficult to find than the first series. Originally came with stickers, here’s an auction recently ended on eBay.it for a copy with stickers:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/UOMO-RAGNO-SETTIMANALE-SECONDA-2-SERIE-N-1-EDICOLA-CON-ADESIVI-NO-zagor-/111124488507

As I told you, I have the stickers which came with it, so if you decide to go for it, I can give them to you. I have also a lower grade copy but it’s glued together with issues #2-6… doh!

Thanks for the props guys! (thumbs u Yea, I have a very specific way of shooting the books when they are in sets.... I have thought about doing a thread teaching this technique...

Ahhh man Claudio, I know I remember when you told me how hard that Italian one was going to be. If you have the stickers already though that should save me money if I go for one without? hm Similar to my Gli Italian TOD1 book I dont care if the stickers are fashioned to the spine... id just be happy to have them period! lol Let me see what I can do Claudio... hm

The neat thing about the 201 is it was licensed all over the world... another tough one is the Turkish one! Ill have to find a scan but I know I have seen it....

Man that Italian book sure is nice! :o

Edited by Define999

The stickers I have should be in mint condition, and in this case you can easily put them back in a book, as they were stapled within the centerfold. Here’s a picture from the above auction:

$T2eC16NHJH4FHdZgcer4BR7!s!YTcg~~60_12.JPG

The book is not so tough, later issues are scarce and costly but #1 should be affordable, and not difficult to find.

Graphic design and adaptations on the cover of these ones were good indeed. :)

UR2_1.JPG