• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,876 posts in this topic

some set in progress

g6lu.jpg

nm4p.jpg

97jo.jpg

4wbs.jpg

. Oh snappppppppp!!!!! (worship)(worship)

Yup, freaking fast building sets this guys has! I gotta tell ya Stephane it sure has been fun watching you amass sets with speed and razor focus on what your hunting..... :applause::applause: Your sick sir, very sick.... and I do mean that as a complement! (thumbs u

Thanks. but for the Vampirella #1, I see the wall coming very fast, the missing Chilean, Turkish and French one will be very very hard to find. By the way, I'm back to 15 foreign for Vampirella, I always forget about the French color version of the 3f50 september 70 version. :blush:

I'm not a fan of SS
(tsk):makepoint:lol

I know, I know. But I always see it as a defect and couldn't care less about authentification given by CGC. It's even worst when I see it on high grade book. Making the true high grade rarer. But I understand why people doing it and collect it. Just not my cup of tea.

I know, I know. But I always see it as a defect and couldn't care less about authentification given by CGC. It's even worst when I see it on high grade book. Making the true high grade rarer. But I understand why people doing it and collect it. Just not my cup of tea.

Tim knows I agree with you for the simple fact they are signed on covers rather than on the insides. ;)

But I think it makes sense when the book is historically important, and signed by people which normally would be harder to see together, and possibly now deceased (e.g. Stan with Joe Simon, or Stan with Larry Lieber and Ayers, etc.)

some set in progress

g6lu.jpg

nm4p.jpg

97jo.jpg

4wbs.jpg

Yup, freaking fast building sets this guys has! I gotta tell ya Stephane it sure has been fun watching you amass sets with speed and razor focus on what your hunting..... :applause::applause: Your sick sir, very sick.... and I do mean that as a complement! (thumbs u

Thanks. but for the Vampirella #1, I see the wall coming very fast, the missing Chilean, Turkish and French one will be very very hard to find. By the way, I'm back to 15 foreign for Vampirella, I always forget about the French color version of the 3f50 september 70 version. :blush:

Quick question about the foreign language variants but do the variants contain mostly the same content as the original books or are they just cover variants with different interiors?

some set in progress

g6lu.jpg

nm4p.jpg

97jo.jpg

4wbs.jpg

Quick question about the foreign language variants but do the variants contain mostly the same content as the original books or are they just cover variants with different interiors?

In those cases. the She-Hulk, TOD, Spider-Woman contains the originals. For Vampirella, the Turkish, frenchs, Brazil and Argentina versions here have the contain of Vampirella #1, but not the others who have Vampirella stories from Warren but not #1.

Edited by Eerie Publication

I'm curious as to how hard to find are the Mexican Spider-man weeklys from La Prensa in 72/73 with original content, particularly the ones with GGA covers?

You're not the only one. I've been looking for some time now. lol They turn up every now and again, you just have to keep your eye out for them.

I'm curious as to how hard to find are the Mexican Spider-man weeklys from La Prensa in 72/73 with original content, particularly the ones with GGA covers?

You're not the only one. I've been looking for some time now. lol They turn up every now and again, you just have to keep your eye out for them.

That is something that I too would want to know.... :popcorn:

My neighbor came over today with a small box of misc. comics. Most were just cheap stuff but there were 2 foreign comics in there. Both were released by King Comics in 1974 - a Beto el Recruta (Beetle Bailey) #L-1 and a Popeye el Marino (Popeye the Sailor) #L-2. The first half of each comic is in Spanish with the 2nd half being the same story in English.

Send me a PM if you have any interest in buying either or both books.

Hellboy_seeds_1_Russian.jpg

Wow Matt, that is beautiful – love how they carefully adapted the Hellboy logo design (original is by Kevin Nowlan). When did they publish it?

I know... I was impressed the way the handled the Hellboy logo as well... I did a little research and apparently this is relatively new. Publisher 42 published this this year in 2013. So my guess is more will show up on the American Market. Sure would look cool in a yellow slab with a Mignola sig on it for any yellow label collectors.... but alas that isnt my style man! lol

Secret Wars 8 set done....

TeefSW8_zps815492c2.jpg

Pictures in placed randomly....This is how the set breaks down...sorry for the horrible pics...but basically, this is my set~

1throu4_zps47311c4a.png

4thru8_zpsbf78a280.png

9through12_zpsd7039ab0.png

13-17_zps5f7c39bc.png

I'm not a fan of SS, but :o(worship)

Gotta expect quality from one of the founders of the "foreign key issue set type"! Congrats Hector! Another long term goal finished...... :headbang: