• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,876 posts in this topic

Greetings All,

Don't know if anyone is interested, but there are a few of these up now on eBay UK. -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284315198541?hash=item423281a44d:g:gEcAAOSwOOlgtQeI

I think they're Norwegian. I bought one last week & it landed the other day. They're very small, like, sub-digest size. Maybe from a Norwegian pocket book, or something. Had a quick scan of GCD & found nuttin'. 

I'll post pictures of mine when I can figure out my new phone. hm

On 6/3/2021 at 8:19 PM, shadroch said:

January, 1941

Billiken Magazine image.thumb.jpg.dd059c1d601d1ffedc0a819b7cfcd929.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.8771ebe2873e7d70fe3b43fd7b94aa1e.jpg

another image from same magazine image.thumb.jpg.73a944ee28fdfa7ee32d01f821cdda9e.jpg

That's some great printing quality. Seems in fact better than some early to middle 90's stuff from some countries :)

For those not aware Mexico also did non canon on several titles including iron fist and black Panther.   Here are couple issues from my personal collection.  They are extremely difficult to locate.  

54E48C6D-FBB5-4480-8841-3C8252D8E55E.jpeg

That's a great cover, isn't ?

20210529_125711.jpg

Same. Such a different style is a breath of fresh air next to the usual stuff we see here.

In the USA Marvels, Nick Fury had only one woman during the war and barely touched a couple more.  But in the Mexican version of "Sargento Furia y Sus Commandos", smoking babes were on the front lines a lot more.  And they liked that Nick.   But Sarge wouldn't abide any skirt from the wrong side of the fight, even if she was a "Hotzi"     

Sargento furia hotzi.jpg

Edited by bluechip

On 6/12/2021 at 5:49 PM, bluechip said:

In the USA Marvels, Nick Fury had only one woman during the war and barely touched a couple more.  But in the Mexican version of "Sargento Furia y Sus Commandos", smoking babes were on the front lines a lot more.  And they liked that Nick.   But Sarge wouldn't abide any skirt from the wrong side of the fight, even if she was a "Hotzi"     

Sargento furia hotzi.jpg

Eso es un gran par de aldabas :)

On 8/12/2021 at 5:31 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

These two showed up today from Brazil..

20210812_191329.jpg

20210812_191405.jpg

are these normal comic size or smaller?