• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

:insane: Freakin high grade is right dammit! :o You could say I am a little jealous.... but when the pangs of jealousy started pangin I reminded myself that I cant hog all the freakin high grade stuff out of Italy! lol I tell ya what though, having a higher grade Italian book in hand is somthing of beauty.

Well, in general they are a lot less delicate than the american originals, but they have also been collected for years without paying too much attention to higher grades, so it’s quite a gamble to find them. The fact that there is no huge price difference based on grade requires some luck to find them in higher grades.

Of course, there is difference, but usually a high-grade book doesn’t go for more than the double, or triple, of a lower grade one, unlike in the US where there can be a lot of difference.

I also got this in from Greece.... I love how they omited the Cloak part of the title! hm

1stCLoakDagger_greek.jpg

The windows also have serious problems as well. Building is probably going to collapse.

lol Yea... what shoddy construction! Thanks for the lowdown on the Italian market Vaillant!

And here's the latest crown jewel in my collection of Neal Adams foreign editions.

HouseofSecrets81Mexico.jpg

This book is just crazy cool! A def jewel my friend! (thumbs u

2 different version of Vampirella #1 in french. The 3f50 is from september 1970 and the 6f50 is january 1971

vampirella1french3f50.jpg

vampirella1french6f50.jpg

Speaking of jewels those foreign Vampi's were pretty cool too ! :o

Damn nice looking silver and bronze! Im curious though.... hm I get the bronze age is a pence copy.... but whats the d on the silver? Sorry for my ignorance... hm

Before the brits went metric they had * pence* as small d

lots of hard to figure out coinage I cant spell !!!

:)

Edited by gyro-1

Agreed. Get me one of them NM 129s :baiting:

Unfortunatly, it's not NM. There a very tiny tears (1-2mm) under Punisher foot and a hairline crease at upper front cover. But it's the best copy I ever saw

I thought mine was a solid 7, it came back 6.5, I should have pressed it hu... lol lol lol ..... is there even one graded over 8??