• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Agreed. Get me one of them NM 129s :baiting:

Unfortunatly, it's not NM. There a very tiny tears (1-2mm) under Punisher foot and a hairline crease at upper front cover. But it's the best copy I ever saw

I thought mine was a solid 7, it came back 6.5, I should have pressed it hu... lol lol lol ..... is there even one graded over 8??

I think mine have a chance for 8.0, but I will never get it slabbed or pressed

Unfortunatly, it's not NM. There a very tiny tears (1-2mm) under Punisher foot and a hairline crease at upper front cover. But it's the best copy I ever saw

I thought mine was a solid 7, it came back 6.5, I should have pressed it hu... lol lol lol ..... is there even one graded over 8??

wow...

I'm with you on this. Well... partially. I do sub foreign books for SS but pressing holds no interest for me not even when I was still buying US editions.

Dude, that stash of FH's is "freakin high grade" man.... (worship) (thumbs u Im lovin the whole thing..... your punny is a absolute beaut too! I have a higher grade French 129 but mine has a small 2-mm tear as well.... along with some very small non-color breaking creases.... I would hope mine would grade out in the upper f+ maybe a vf if I was lucky? :wishluck: But who knows.... (shrug)

frontdamage.jpg

I'm with you on this. Well... partially. I do sub foreign books for SS but pressing holds no interest for me not even when I was still buying US editions.

Im in the no-pressing camp as well.... high grades just dont matter so much that I need to spend extra money to squeeze more value out of a book.... I would rather use that money to be getting more foreigns, sheeeet shipping from overseas is expensive! :o

Dude, that stash of FH's is "freakin high grade" man.... (worship) (thumbs u Im lovin the whole thing..... your punny is a absolute beaut too! I have a higher grade French 129 but mine has a small 2-mm tear as well.... along with some very small non-color breaking creases.... I would hope mine would grade out in the upper f+ maybe a vf if I was lucky? :wishluck: But who knows.... (shrug)

frontdamage.jpg

Thanks. That's a really beautiful copy you got.

My goal is to pick up a box of Spider-man comics from various places... something simple. The hard part is getting it for free.

Girl goes to visit relatives in Sweden - Brought me back this months Amazing Spider-man

Brother goes to Italy...like that... Italian Spiderman

Spanish teacher in 7th Grade knew I liked the character. Gave me a Silver Age issue 76 from Spain.

In case you guys are interested, I've posted some videos up on YouTube of my foreigns!

Hi Liam, I loved the videos. (thumbs u

About your considerations: yes, the "Albi dei Super-Eroi" (Super-Hero Books) has been a great antology which featured in rotation the Defenders, Warlock, Luke, Conan, Red Wolf, Ka-Zar and Dracula. The #7 is the first Luke (containing Luke #1-2, as you’ll have seen) and if you look closely there is also the sub-numbering saying it’s the first Luke issue. Your pronounciation was quite right. ;)

The "Settimanale dell’Uomo Ragno" (the pocket sized Spidey) is a series I am very affectioned to, as I bought it in its entirety from the Newsstands when I was 11-12 years old (and read them to death). It featured all the Marvel Super-Heroes in rotation, as our publisher was in economical difficulties and tried to survive by having a single magazine, and smaller in format, just to save money.

The book featured some very important story arcs, besides Spectacular (with the Carrion storyline), it hosted the Marv Wolfman Fantastic Four with the dramatic near-death experience of Reed, Sue and Ben (experiencing the effect of the Skrulls aging ray) and the Champions of Xandar storyline, with the amazing return of Doctor Sun (and the Sphinx), it featured the Project Pegasus saga, the best Spider-Woman issues (including her showdown with Nekra), some excellent Avengers stories (the Michelinie/Byrne ones), and some very good Hulk stories as well. It was an amazing publication, but unfortunately a sort of swan song: the title lasted for 43 weekly issues, after that it was canceled to be substituted by a second weekly series of 32-page books which is the rarest one and lasted another 58 issues, then the publisher went bankrupt and we remained without Marvel comics for about 4 years, which seemed an eternity.

The greek Spider-Man you showed is actually pronounced almost the same: "Spider-Man", as it’s merely transliterated (not translated) in modern Greek. As you see, the first letter is a capital Sigma, which has the same sound of the S in "Spider-Man".

While you got the ASE pronounciation OK, when you pronounced "Fantastici Quattro" you sounded a bit like an african… lol

BTW, that is a Fantastic Four issue, the McFarlane Hulk/Wolverine story is printed as a backup feature but they thought the cover was cool and preferred it instead of the FF original cover of that issue.

End of trivia.

But this way you will get just a lousy recent edtition, which – by the way – won’t be a "Uomo Ragno" because Marvel suddenly decided Spider-Man should be called with its original english name after 40 years of honored service.

They have to keep consistent with the movies, you know. :sick:

But this way you will get just a lousy recent edtition, which – by the way – won’t be a "Uomo Ragno" because Marvel suddenly decided Spider-Man should be called with its original english name after 40 years of honored service.

They have to keep consistent with the movies, you know. :sick:

That's what mine says... It is magazine sized...

Actually he brought back two. I am looking at the italian issues now. One says L'uomo Ragno and is published under the Marvel Graphic Novel Strip and the other is a compilation of a few issues from Civil War with the Spider-man title. I know that the Spanish one is El Hombre Arana and the Swedish one I could not remember no less pronounce if you held a gun to my head.

I have scanning to do... so if i get to it I will add those to the stack.

Edited by Buzzetta

Actually he brought back two. I am looking at the italian issues now. One says L'uomo Ragno and is published under the Marvel Graphic Novel Strip and the other is a compilation of a few issues from Civil War with the Spider-man title. I know that the Spanish one is El Hombre Arana and the Swedish one I could not remember no less pronounce if you held a gun to my head.

The "Graphic Novel Strip" is a really cool series (of which some issues are hard to find) which reprints in full the Spider-Man newspaper strip in magazine size.

Each one among the first issues had an exclusive cover designed by John Romita specifically for this edition (publisher was Luciano Secchi, the man which initially brought the Marvel age to Italy).

I suppose the Civil War issue (I do not follow the current books) is a recent regular issue from our Spidey title, which now has been rechristened "Spider-Man". :)

The italian copy I got for Define is also quite nice. ;)

Pretty tough to find in high grade in Italian as well, for no apparent reason. Maybe we have more Punisher fans in italy than what I have thought.

Love the Mindworm issue. (thumbs u

Eternally grateful for sure.... (thumbs u Highest conditioned Italian 129 I have ever seen... :applause:

That Claudio is the man! (worship)

Punny129_Italian.jpg

Yeah...after a hard search and lots of investigating....yeah..its finally mine

Aventura295.png

Polvora grande'. hm

Muy grande! Puro sólido! lol

"Polvora" (Gun Powder) was a sub-series for The Rifleman under the umbrella of the Aventura comic that encompassed Western stories of Bonanza, Maverick, Rex Allen, Cheyene, Sergeant Preston, Maverick, Colt .45, Gun for hire, and others like that.

Yeah...after a hard search and lots of investigating....yeah..its finally mine

Aventura295.png

Polvora grande'. hm

Muy grande! Puro sólido! lol

"Polvora" (Gun Powder) was a sub-series for The Rifleman under the umbrella of the Aventura comic that encompassed Western stories of Bonanza, Maverick, Rex Allen, Cheyene, Sergeant Preston, Maverick, Colt .45, Gun for hire, and others like that.

While this is interesting and informative it is far less entertaining than your usual posts. 2c

Sorry, my scumbag Evil-Twin brother got ahold of my board password and was posting useless information about comic books, don't worry, its been fixed

~ Permanently... :devil: Wooaha..wooaha..wooooooaahaa, woooooaaaaahahaha ahahahahah Woooooooaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahah!!