• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic Expo 2012 Stunning

233 posts in this topic

Awesome report guys! I'd love to of taken the trip. Maybe it's a show I should put on my radar. Since, I'm a hockey fan too, it would be a good excuse to visit Canada for the first time and bring the family.

GUARANTEED there won't be any spring time hockey in Calgary for a long while. Hanging out in Vancouver and Edmonton is a much better bet.... :baiting:

Looks like a great show guys, nice pics, keep them coming!

BTW, anyone planning to hit to the Red/White Calgary show in Sept?

We will definitely be there. We love the Red White show, it is basically all comic vendors and the table space is very reasonable. The only thing I don't like about the Red White show is getting your cart full of books in and out requires an elevator, and they only have one as the show is on the second floor.

Thanks for the pics Liam. You were an absolute pleasure to meet and a special young man.

Still hoping for a pic of your mom...... :wishluck:

scarett_johansson1A_300_400.jpg

Nice! You want a step-dad that collects comics? :kidaround:

I know there have been a lot of complaints about the media fans taking over our conventions but after the 2012 Calgary Comic Expo I've come to the conclusion that these events are generally good for our hobby.

I sold comics to people who've never purchased a back issue in the past. Yes, some of these buyers will plop that one book on a shelf and never buy another but some will come back and get a book signed by next year's big comic guest. It won't be long before they have a stack of comics and at least marginally, comic collectors.

And a few will look at the books, ask some questions, and find themselves drawn to the covers and hopefully interiors and become blue feathered, card carrying members of our hobby. I know because I talked to some budding collectors at this show.

I would also like to point out that Calgary and the rest of the province have been very anti CGC. There are certainly collectors in the area who appreciate and own CGC comics but they are a small minority. CGC books rarely sell even if we have the exact book the customer is looking for in a CGC case.

After this show there will be hundreds or perhaps thousands of CGC sig. series books on their way to our area. These sig. series events are a great introduction to CGC and can't help but create an awareness and acceptance for the company.

In 5 years I expect to see far more buyers and sellers of CGC graded books at these shows.

ROTFL!

In related news, I'd pound the other chick twelve ways to Sunday. She looks like fun.

Peace,

Chip

Keepin' Comics General Classy Since 02/22/12 (thumbs u

ROTFL!

In related news, I'd pound the other chick twelve ways to Sunday. She looks like fun.

Peace,

Chip

Keepin' Comics General Classy Since 02/22/12 (thumbs u

Hell yeah. ;) Buffalo NY, eh? I'm originally from Rome.

Peace,

Chip

Thanks for the pics Liam. You were an absolute pleasure to meet and a special young man.

Still hoping for a pic of your mom...... :wishluck:

scarett_johansson1A_300_400.jpg

Nice choice, I definitely have a "Ben Grimm" for her.